Figuring out who is catholic on the NI soccer panel

Started by seafoid, May 26, 2016, 11:05:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Seafoid.I have highlighted the gulf between nationalists north and south.I haven't even mentioned the vast chasm between Northern unionists and everyone else on the island!

armaghniac

Quote from: T Fearon on June 02, 2016, 11:07:57 AM
You are a dying breed.Most of us realise the freestate doesn't want us,they abandoned us 100 yeard ago and in 1998,there is an increasing cultural gulf between northern nationalists and the southern variety,and all citizens from the 6 counties would be third class citizens in a United Ireland

The flow of crap continues. How exactly would someone from Belcoo be inferior to someone from Blacklion in a United Ireland. Details please.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

T Fearon

I am not talking about people from neighbouring townlands but the view of the vast majority in the south and its government,which see us as a separate people.

Keyboard Warrior

Quote from: T Fearon on June 02, 2016, 12:44:00 PM
I am not talking about people from neighbouring townlands but the view of the vast majority in the south and its government,which see us as a separate people.

From my travels I have found Tyrone people uncannily like Cork people. Would have more in common/ common outlook on things than people from 'greater Belfast area' for instance. Hardly see us as a separate people now, come on.

seafoid

I met some of the Tyrone posters and they knew a lot about gaelic football which was very surprising for foreigners.
Tony, your theory on this is pure shite
NI is a failed political experiment.

seafoid

True catholics would see us all as a holy nation, a royal priesthood and a people set apart.
anyone who doesn't is self hating and probably a shoneen

Orior

Quote from: Keyboard Warrior on June 02, 2016, 12:56:22 PM

From my travels I have found Tyrone people uncannily like Cork people. Would have more in common/ common outlook on things than people from 'greater Belfast area' for instance. Hardly see us as a separate people now, come on.

I agree. What exactly do I have in common with Joey from Essex?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

johnneycool

Quote from: T Fearon on June 02, 2016, 11:55:30 AM
Seafoid,generally Northern nationalists are more plain speaking,abstemious,retain a belief in God,less materialistic,than their southern cousins.Sadly we are increasingly a distinct and separate people.

Where are these people you speak off?

armaghniac

Seafoid,generally Northern nationalists are more plain speaking,abstemious,retain a belief in God,less materialistic,than their southern cousins.Sadly we are increasingly a distinct and separate people.

Translation: generally I am obstreperous, too tight to buy a pint, religious nut, and live in poorer part of the country.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rossfan

Quote from: T Fearon link=topic=27034.msg1591355#msg1591355 date=14648662I haven't even mentioned the vast chasm between Northern unionists and everyone else on the island!
/quote]
There's a vast chasm between the 800,000 Northern Unionists and the other 7,000.000,000 or so people in the world. ;D
Starts with the calendar - 2016 for the 7bn, 1716 for the 800k.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on June 02, 2016, 09:51:54 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 02, 2016, 08:14:18 AM
You truly are stuck in the past, division is want you want, no different to the TUV or Our Wullie ... Here's hoping you're a dying breed and kids growing up can make sensible decisions

Do you ever read what you write? It is sectarian and divided teams should be consigned to the past, as almost every other sport does.
This is the classic unionist distortion of things in the 6 counties, if the TUV advocate bigotry and someone else condemns bigotry then they are "two sides of the same coin" "one side is a bad as the other", when of course no reasonable person would see any symmetry whatsoever in the situation. 

It appears, sadly, that I am dying breed and that an increasing proportion of people aspire not to be full citizens in a normal country but rather second class members of the British Empire.

30 odd years ago when I was a teenager living in West Belfast I'd believe that, seen it and lived through it, worked in loyalist shipyard for 13 years but we ain't living in that world anymore, things have moved on, possibly for you not quick enough, but I've lived through a lot of sectarianism, bombings and shootings, I'm not bitter that's just the way it was after being dumped by the South, id say where we live now (n.i) isn't even close to the n.i of the 70's. The tuv would prefer to get back there and the dissenters want to keep on bombing.... If a Untied Ireland comes along then brill, if it doesn't, then that's want the people vote for.... Labeling yourself second class member if the British empire is silly.....

Id vote for United Ireland..... Be some carnage around Antrim and Down areas, but you'll be fine in Armagh
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

T Fearon

In Portadown? True things have changed immensely.In my youth I had to take to my heels on a few occasions to avoid a beating.I think people have seen generally the stupidity of sectarianism and how wealthy classes (which always existed on both sides) at best dont care or at worst used them.

FermGael

A belief in God !!!
Maybe in the over 50s but that would be the same in the south as well.
Look up from your prayer book the next time you are at mass and count the number of 25 to 40 year olds there.
One hand should be enough

Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

ned

Quote from: FermGael on June 02, 2016, 04:02:38 PM

A belief in God !!!
Maybe in the over 50s but that would be the same in the south as well.
Look up from your prayer book the next time you are at mass and count the number of 25 to 40 year olds there.
One hand should be enough

I would agree to an extent but it would be interesting to see differences in mass goers in that age group in certain areas in tbe north especially in the likes of North Antrim where the Catholic population is surrounded by loyalist heartlands. Faith is perhaps 'stronger' here.

T Fearon

The people of the south have not had the same life experiences,particularly of the older generation of the North.There is no real empathy, as a result of 100 years of partition,when we effectively went our separate ways.There isnt even any real desire for unity apart from diehards and those who just want to wind up the prods.Bertie Ahern aspires to be a good neighbour,Enda talks about North and South,not the island as one entity.