Figuring out who is catholic on the NI soccer panel

Started by seafoid, May 26, 2016, 11:05:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denn Forever

would  it great if Michael D invited the NI team up to the Park for a going away bash.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Rossfan

Quote from: T Fearon on June 01, 2016, 04:52:35 PM
.I was in Drogheda on Monday,and a bar on the way into the town had a bunting featuring flags of all finalists including NI.
So what flag had they for the IFA's team?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 01, 2016, 05:09:41 PM
I await the usual, n.i ain't a country and that's not a real flag brigade  :P
it's a siteeation .

armaghniac

Why wouldnt a Newry bar fly these flags? After all Pat Jennings and Peter Mc Parland come from Newry.I was in Drogheda on Monday,and a bar on the way into the town had a bunting featuring flags of all finalists including NI.

Newry was always a West Brit town, obviously nothing has changed.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

seafoid

Quote from: armaghniac on May 29, 2016, 11:25:18 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on May 29, 2016, 10:54:58 PM
Seafoid,Malachi O'Doherty a political commentator up here,said that unionists still wouldn't be persuaded to join a Unitec Ireland if the South was Dubai.

There is no economic argument to be made.Even if there was a vote in favour,unionists would seek and probably get repartition.

They can have Larne and Newtowards. If they don't wait too long.

That second map is amazing

T Fearon

Rossfan the Drogheda pub had in a continuous bunting,the flags of all 24 finalists including the "NI" flag,red hand and crown

ashman

To answer the question ask them do they go to mass regularly .  Do they take the sacraments etc ....

Hardy

But that would only tell you whether they were Catholic.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hardy on June 01, 2016, 07:13:12 PM

How many posters then are actually catholic?? I think the title should be how many players see themselves as Irish
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rossfan

Quote from: T Fearon on June 01, 2016, 07:09:16 PM
Rossfan the Drogheda pub had in a continuous bunting,the flags of all 24 finalists including the "NI" flag,red hand and crown
Oh dear :(
Sky brainwashed I suspect.
Probably never heard of Sudden.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

armaghniac

If they saw themselves as Irish, they wouldn't be playing for the Billy Boys. So the only question remains is if they bless themselves before taking a penalty.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 01, 2016, 08:32:05 PM

How many posters then are actually catholic?? I think the title should be how many players see themselves as Irish
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUraAKeu7nc

ashman

Sin a bhfuil an ceist .

Sheedy

Quote from: armaghniac on June 01, 2016, 06:22:07 PM
Why wouldnt a Newry bar fly these flags? After all Pat Jennings and Peter Mc Parland come from Newry.I was in Drogheda on Monday,and a bar on the way into the town had a bunting featuring flags of all finalists including NI.

Newry was always a West Brit town, obviously nothing has changed.
ye whattt!! cant see too many round newry cheering on owc.   
nil satis nisi optimum

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on June 01, 2016, 08:41:56 PM
If they saw themselves as Irish, they wouldn't be playing for the Billy Boys. So the only question remains is if they bless themselves before taking a penalty.

So basically what you're saying is anyone that gets to represent n.i in sport is British and feel themselves to be British? Like Paddy Barnes??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea