Figuring out who is catholic on the NI soccer panel

Started by seafoid, May 26, 2016, 11:05:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

I have been to Belfast a few times. It has the feel of a city that missed out on a few decades. A lot less confident than Dublin. Segregated. Old infrastructure. Reminded me of Limerick. A time bomb that exploded .
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

T Fearon

Belfast has been regenerated and has better infrastructure than Dublin.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on May 29, 2016, 11:55:37 AM
I have been to Belfast a few times. It has the feel of a city that missed out on a few decades. A lot less confident than Dublin. Segregated. Old infrastructure. Reminded me of Limerick. A time bomb that exploded .

Mr stereotype!! You'd be better understanding the workings of this island rather the other places you seem to have more knowledge on...

If we used your logic Galway has no electricity everyone lives in white farm houses and speaks Irish
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

T Fearon

Also Eoin Bradley found Windsor Park hospitable enough a few weeks ago when he set up the first goal in the IFA Cup Final and had his kids on the pitch after the game.Also brother Paddy and a minibus full from Glenuĺlin were seated in the stands.As far as I know they're all still alive.To be fair Seafoid's lack of understanding of the North is replicated at Dublin Government level.

BennyCake

Quote from: T Fearon on May 29, 2016, 02:28:04 PM
Also Eoin Bradley found Windsor Park hospitable enough a few weeks ago when he set up the first goal in the IFA Cup Final and had his kids on the pitch after the game.Also brother Paddy and a minibus full from Glenuĺlin were seated in the stands.As far as I know they're all still alive.To be fair Seafoid's lack of understanding of the North is replicated at Dublin Government level.

...and Westminster.

T Fearon

True.As I say why owe allegiance to Dublin or London when neither wants nor understands us?

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 29, 2016, 02:17:57 PM

Mr stereotype!! You'd be better understanding the workings of this island rather the other places you seem to have more knowledge on...

If we used your logic Galway has no electricity everyone lives in white farm houses and speaks Irish
If NI was a functional polity it wouldn't need 10bn from the Westminster teat. The Loyalist question is a pretty big impediment to progress. Compare direct foreign investment north and south

. Lots of people in Galway speak Irish. It brings in loads of tourists.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on May 29, 2016, 03:38:11 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 29, 2016, 02:17:57 PM

If NI was a functional polity it wouldn't need 10bn from the Westminster teat. The Loyalist question is a pretty big impediment to progress. Compare direct foreign investment north and south

. Lots of people in Galway speak Irish. It brings in loads of tourists.

Id say more tourist come to Belfast.... That's irrelevant....the Celtic tiger brought better infrastructure and money to the South, but at what cost?? Certainly the payback from owing soooo much money and nearly getting kicked out of the EU has had an immediate impact on the normal Paddy
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

I think with a different economic model the south would be able to afford the north. There would be lots of synergies.

T Fearon

Seafoid,Malachi O'Doherty a political commentator up here,said that unionists still wouldn't be persuaded to join a Unitec Ireland if the South was Dubai.

There is no economic argument to be made.Even if there was a vote in favour,unionists would seek and probably get repartition.

armaghniac

Quote from: T Fearon on May 29, 2016, 10:54:58 PM
Seafoid,Malachi O'Doherty a political commentator up here,said that unionists still wouldn't be persuaded to join a Unitec Ireland if the South was Dubai.

There is no economic argument to be made.Even if there was a vote in favour,unionists would seek and probably get repartition.

They can have Larne and Newtowards. If they don't wait too long.

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

seafoid

Quote from: T Fearon on May 29, 2016, 10:54:58 PM

rĂ©partition wouldn't be viable Tony. North Down and Antrim.  NI at the moment isn't really viable anyway.

Feckitt

I was just told this morning that the Phoenix Bar in Newry City (sic) centre was flying Northern Ireland flags for the Euros.  I thought this couldn't be true, but just now I passed there and sure enough they are flying both IFA & FAI emblem type flags.  Ok, this is a far cry from flying the old Stormont banner but I'm still fairly surprised.

T Fearon

Why wouldnt a Newry bar fly these flags? After all Pat Jennings and Peter Mc Parland come from Newry.I was in Drogheda on Monday,and a bar on the way into the town had a bunting featuring flags of all finalists including NI.

Milltown Row2

I await the usual, n.i ain't a country and that's not a real flag brigade  :P