Figuring out who is catholic on the NI soccer panel

Started by seafoid, May 26, 2016, 11:05:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Are you talking about RTE or the general populace? Rory McIlroy is sporting royalty in RTE.

heganboy

Im reasonably sure Rory is just sporting royalty
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Hardy

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

BTW, what 'shady bars' are in Craigavon?
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

lurganblue

Quote from: Fiodoir Ard Mhacha on May 27, 2016, 01:42:10 PM
BTW, what 'shady bars' are in Craigavon?

Tullygally Tavern?

stew

Quote from: OgraAnDun on May 27, 2016, 10:16:03 AM
Quote from: michaelg on May 26, 2016, 08:58:08 PM
Quote from: OgraAnDun on May 26, 2016, 08:33:01 PM
Quote from: michaelg on May 26, 2016, 08:31:13 PM
Quote from: lurganblue on May 26, 2016, 02:37:59 PM
Quote from: Keyboard Warrior on May 26, 2016, 02:07:05 PM
Quote from: stew on May 26, 2016, 12:35:14 PM
Who gives a f**k!

I am going to support the north during these championships!

I never lived in the south and have far more in common with the northern prods than I ever did the southern Catholics.

I hope both do well but you can shove both national anthems up your arise, I have no use for anything that divides us as a people.

Up Armagh ya b**tards.

Good on you Stew, we should all be more like you. Us other northerners who support the Republic team obviously haven't taken the time (or don't have the intellect) to weigh up those factors.

Seeing as you've more in common with the northern Prods than the southern Catholics, it would be a good idea to go watch the NI matches in some shaddy pub in Craigavon; I'm sure they'll be happy to put on the Armagh afterwards. Up Armagh and all that.

I'll f**k be supporting that shower... just because theyve managed to get to a major tournament doesnt mean thy've stopped hating me because of the religion i was born into. Oh aye but sure theyve changed and arent like that anymore  ::)
Yes, that's right, all Protestant Northern Ireland fans hate Catholics.  Do you actually believe that?

Nobody does, but while they still sing chants such as 'The Bouncy Song', the overriding atmosphere will be one of anti-Catholic hatred.
FFS, wise up.

Thanks to your opinion I have now seen the light, I shall be attending "Northern Ireland" matches, waving my hybrid England fleg, belting out GSTQ at the top of my voice, and singing little songs that the nationalist community should just realise is part of unionist kulture so they know their rightful place in society.

No one gives a shite who you support to be fair.

The north's supporters clubs and the association have worked hard to eradicate sectarianism from their rank and file, the south means little to me, the north means a lot, to me enough progress has been made for me to finally choose which team to follow, I hope they both do well but for m7e, well, I am a northerner and hopefully this squad can have a good tournament and win over people like me, the troubles are over lets move on.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

NAG1

Quote from: stew on May 27, 2016, 03:46:30 PM
Quote from: OgraAnDun on May 27, 2016, 10:16:03 AM
Quote from: michaelg on May 26, 2016, 08:58:08 PM
Quote from: OgraAnDun on May 26, 2016, 08:33:01 PM
Quote from: michaelg on May 26, 2016, 08:31:13 PM
Quote from: lurganblue on May 26, 2016, 02:37:59 PM
Quote from: Keyboard Warrior on May 26, 2016, 02:07:05 PM
Quote from: stew on May 26, 2016, 12:35:14 PM
Who gives a f**k!

I am going to support the north during these championships!

I never lived in the south and have far more in common with the northern prods than I ever did the southern Catholics.

I hope both do well but you can shove both national anthems up your arise, I have no use for anything that divides us as a people.

Up Armagh ya b**tards.

Good on you Stew, we should all be more like you. Us other northerners who support the Republic team obviously haven't taken the time (or don't have the intellect) to weigh up those factors.

Seeing as you've more in common with the northern Prods than the southern Catholics, it would be a good idea to go watch the NI matches in some shaddy pub in Craigavon; I'm sure they'll be happy to put on the Armagh afterwards. Up Armagh and all that.

I'll f**k be supporting that shower... just because theyve managed to get to a major tournament doesnt mean thy've stopped hating me because of the religion i was born into. Oh aye but sure theyve changed and arent like that anymore  ::)
Yes, that's right, all Protestant Northern Ireland fans hate Catholics.  Do you actually believe that?

Nobody does, but while they still sing chants such as 'The Bouncy Song', the overriding atmosphere will be one of anti-Catholic hatred.
FFS, wise up.

Thanks to your opinion I have now seen the light, I shall be attending "Northern Ireland" matches, waving my hybrid England fleg, belting out GSTQ at the top of my voice, and singing little songs that the nationalist community should just realise is part of unionist kulture so they know their rightful place in society.

The north's supporters clubs and the association have worked hard to eradicate sectarianism from their rank and file, the south means little to me, the north means a lot, to me enough progress has been made for me to finally choose which team to follow, I hope they both do well but for m7e, well, I am a northerner and hopefully this squad can have a good tournament and win over people like me, the troubles are over lets move on.

Will we get you a ticket beside the true blue from Ballymena who was on show at the scottish cup final? See how far they have come in their thinking and their attitude.  ;)

Longshanks

Guys I'm hazarding a guess here but I doubt everyone playing of the Republic of Ireland isn't catholic as its not like when you leave the north you are just surrounded by Catholics...

Me I'll be supporting ROI cause I grew up supporting them and that sure as hell isn't going change now, I have seen progress from NI in terms to the anti catholic thing but plenty more needs to be made.

In saying that I'll also want NI to win their matches, its only England I'm desperate to see lose.

Walter Cronc

The north will never attract wholesale nationalist support whilst playing at Windsor, but that ship has sailed.

It should have been a multi purpose sports stadium on the outskirts of Belfast with the option of going from 20-30k but thats a whole other story!

Some of the GAWA support reminds me of those eejits who follow the Belfast Giants. #banter

BennyCake

Isn't the issue with the NI team more to do with the fact that NI exists, rather than it's supporters/flag/anthem?

Feckitt

Quote from: BennyCake on May 27, 2016, 04:30:22 PM
Isn't the issue with the NI team more to do with the fact that NI exists, rather than it's supporters/flag/anthem?

At last, someone has hit the nail on the head.  I have no desire to see the NI team move from Windsor, or get a neutral flag or stop singing GSTQ because even if they do all that I still wouldn't support them.  I mean them no harm, and I am not hoping they lose, but as an Irishman from Armagh I have no affiliation to Northern Ireland.  Not the state , the government or the football team. 

armaghniac

Quote from: stew on May 27, 2016, 03:46:30 PM

OWC and Donald Trump.

You're welcome to them.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

seafoid

Quote from: ashman on May 26, 2016, 11:53:15 PM
Quote from: Main Street on May 26, 2016, 10:39:10 PM
The North are
Gerry Armstrong
Plucky underdogs.
The sum of the parts > than the parts of the sum.
Gritty, workmanlike and Kyle.
Tell us about that goal Gerry.
The reelly fawn tastic  fawns,  the GAWA.
Gerry, how did it feel?

To be fair the same could be applied to the 26 county team .

Both media are prone to utter bullshit .
I think sports media everywhere is very parochial
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

seafoid

The Belfast telegraph has an interview with Shaw of the IFA who says he hopes the whole country will get behind the team.
They don't take  soccer seriously in Kilkenny. Hard to see it happening.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

BennyCake

Quote from: seafoid on May 27, 2016, 07:24:13 PM
The Belfast telegraph has an interview with Shaw of the IFA who says he hopes the whole country will get behind the team.
They don't take  soccer seriously in Kilkenny. Hard to see it happening.

I would imagine the "whole country" he's referring to is different to the one you're talking about.