Figuring out who is catholic on the NI soccer panel

Started by seafoid, May 26, 2016, 11:05:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: BennyCake on May 27, 2016, 07:30:56 PM
Quote from: seafoid on May 27, 2016, 07:24:13 PM
The Belfast telegraph has an interview with Shaw of the IFA who says he hopes the whole country will get behind the team.
They don't take  soccer seriously in Kilkenny. Hard to see it happening.

I would imagine the "whole country" he's referring to is different to the one you're talking about.
would many people think of it in terms of a country?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on May 27, 2016, 07:42:57 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on May 27, 2016, 07:30:56 PM
The Belfast telegraph has an interview with Shaw of the IFA who says he hopes the whole country will get behind the team.

I would imagine the "whole country" he's referring to is different to the one you're talking about.
would many people think of it in terms of a country?

Christ you are a grinder!! Great doc called the Troubles... Watch it, it will fill you in
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ashman

Good warm up game for the people's team.   Belarus not up to much . 

Game on terrestrial tv unlike the secessionist 26 county team  redacted .

We can be dark horses in this tournament .  Real football , real fans. 

seafoid

armaghniac

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 27, 2016, 07:45:55 PM
Christ you are a grinder!! Great doc called the Troubles... Watch it, it will fill you in

Is it on Netflix?
Is it by the same crowd who brought us the Colonisation box set?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

SHEEDY

Yer man WIll Grigg is on fire again tonight. Someone should do a song about that.
nil satis nisi optimum

stew

Quote from: Feckitt on May 27, 2016, 05:43:00 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on May 27, 2016, 04:30:22 PM
Isn't the issue with the NI team more to do with the fact that NI exists, rather than it's supporters/flag/anthem?

At last, someone has hit the nail on the head.  I have no desire to see the NI team move from Windsor, or get a neutral flag or stop singing GSTQ because even if they do all that I still wouldn't support them.  I mean them no harm, and I am not hoping they lose, but as an Irishman from Armagh I have no affiliation to Northern Ireland.  Not the state , the government or the football team.

I won't use the term nortgern Ireland, I am from Armagh and I hope they win every game they play in.

I also have them in the work pool so tonight I have added incentive to see them do well.
I
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

general_lee

I hope they do well, these are lads from down the road. It's a sporting team to me and nothing else, Northern Ireland as a  political entity doesn't even register with me. There was a party atmosphere at Windsor tonight that would give the Aviva a run for its money.

Champion The Wonder Horse

Are you sure?
http://www.stkieranscollege.ie/college/u15-soccer-all-ireland-champions/

stew

Quote from: armaghniac on May 27, 2016, 05:46:03 PM
Quote from: stew on May 27, 2016, 03:46:30 PM
No one gives a shite who you support to be fair.

The north's supporters clubs and the association have worked hard to eradicate sectarianism from their rank and file, the south means little to me, the north means a lot, to me enough progress has been made for me to finally choose which team to follow, I hope they both do well but for m7e, well, I am a northerner and hopefully this squad can have a good tournament and win over people like me, the troubles are over lets move on.

OWC and Donald Trump.

You're welcome to them.

I don't support Trump you clown!

You keep supporting the republic, after all, you have spent so,much time,living there and all and their people as so into uniting the country again. ::)
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

T Fearon

Fact is N Ireland does exist,further fact is that the people of the 26 counties voted for its continued existence and their Government has no plans to end its existence.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on May 27, 2016, 08:51:42 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 27, 2016, 07:45:55 PM

Is it on Netflix?
Is it by the same crowd who brought us the Colonisation box set?

Don't know, haven't seen that one
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rossfan

It only exists as as an area of one country under the rule of another country.
You can't get " Northern Ireland" passports and I've never heard of a "Northern Ireland" Embassy anywhere.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

Quote from: T Fearon on May 27, 2016, 10:03:00 PM
Fact is N Ireland does exist,further fact is that the people of the 26 counties voted for its continued existence and their Government has no plans to end its existence.
Tony I thought the 26 counties didn't care and that NI had to plough a lonely furrow in an uncaring world 

T Fearon