Ros v Shligo 12th June 2016.

Started by Rossfan, May 24, 2016, 08:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moysider

Quote from: Lar Naparka on June 10, 2016, 01:26:15 AM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 09, 2016, 11:53:50 PM
Going by the championship so far, Roscommon will win handy.
Going by the championship last year, Roscommon were supposed to win handy too.

Exactly. I went down and wasn't a bit surprised by what happened. Roscommon should win this, you would expect, but they will have to be really firing to do it handy. Sligo will turn up for this.

sligoman2

We are missing Kyle Cawley because he is sitting the leaving cert.  Only a young lad, but had a great league campaign and played well for Summerhill also.

A natural goal scorer and someone we may miss on Sunday.  Hopefully Brian Egan produces the goods on Sunday, when he's hot he's good but when he's cold the play seems to pass him by.

Hoping for another upset...
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Syferus

Quote from: moysider on June 09, 2016, 11:49:50 PM

Really? I find it extraordinary that any manager at any level would start injured players if he had the resources besides that he believed could get the job done. It's all very well in hindsight saying any fit squad players would have been good enough.

Anyway got my tickets today for this and looking forward to it. There's been some very enjoyable Sligo/Ros. games down the years. Hoping for another good one.

He had our starting corner forward throughout the league this year sitting on his arse for most of the game last year. Our two best forwards this year were in the stands that day,  nevermind on the bench. The idea the players went in cocky is total media and outsider proselytizing  too. Playing a match with no fit inside forward starting usually is a good way to lose a match. Missing good opportunity after good opportunity drained the confidence of the team and allowed an honestly very workmanlike Sligo side to grow into the game.

Mano

Quote from: Syferus on June 10, 2016, 06:56:31 AM

Really? I find it extraordinary that any manager at any level would start injured players if he had the resources besides that he believed could get the job done. It's all very well in hindsight saying any fit squad players would have been good enough.

Anyway got my tickets today for this and looking forward to it. There's been some very enjoyable Sligo/Ros. games down the years. Hoping for another good one.

He had our starting corner forward throughout the league this year sitting on his arse for most of the game last year. Our two best forwards this year were in the stands that day,  nevermind on the bench. The idea the players went in cocky is total media and outsider proselytizing  too. Playing a match with no fit inside forward starting usually is a good way to lose a match. Missing good opportunity after good opportunity drained the confidence of the team and allowed an honestly very workmanlike Sligo side to grow into the game.
In 2010 Connacht final Sligo started with 2 injured players-Tony Taylor and Mark Breheny. Both didn't finish the game, Taylor lasted 25 minutes.We weren't moaning it cost us the game. Get over it ye were beaten by a better team last year.

oliverkelly

Just to clear something up, On last year Kilbride and Murtagh both passed fitness test provided by medical team last year before been selected to play, It went against team but it happens in every team sport in the world where players will have late fitness tests.
On the lad that started corner forward for most the league this year, He had only started one game for Roscommon previous to Sligo game so when your medical team tell you Murtagh and Kilbride are fit you are going to start them ahead of a lad with no senior experience.
On the two players you said we at the match in the stands. One was asked in loads of times and declined for what ever reason I know two lads who declined this year. He obviously couldn't commit. And the other guy was let go from panel for disciplinary reasons.

Anyway best of luck to Management and players sunday. I am expecting two changes to team named.

Syferus

Quote from: oliverkelly on June 10, 2016, 09:02:10 AM

Just to clear something up, On last year Kilbride and Murtagh both passed fitness test provided by medical team last year before been selected to play, It went against team but it happens in every team sport in the world where players will have late fitness tests.
On the lad that started corner forward for most the league this year, He had only started one game for Roscommon previous to Sligo game so when your medical team tell you Murtagh and Kilbride are fit you are going to start them ahead of a lad with no senior experience.
On the two players you said we at the match in the stands. One was asked in loads of times and declined for what ever reason I know two lads who declined this year. He obviously couldn't commit. And the other guy was let go from panel for disciplinary reasons.

Anyway best of luck to Management and players sunday. I am expecting two changes to team named.

John Evans has managed enough games to know when a player looks frigged in the warm-up. I'm sure both were dosed to the gills with painkillers, just as Senan was in 2011 to play the Connacht final.

sligoman

Quote from: Syferus on June 09, 2016, 11:29:27 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on June 09, 2016, 10:05:39 PM
Quote from: Syferus on June 09, 2016, 10:01:41 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on June 09, 2016, 09:55:14 PM
Quote from: giveballaghback on June 09, 2016, 09:46:48 PM
Diarmuid Murtagh not on squad for Sunday, injured in training on tuesday night.
Big blow that. Last year Roscommon had to endure late injury setbacks before the Sligo game, looks like history is repeating itself one year on.

The injuries weren't the issue. It was playing the injured players that was the bother.
If I recall right Donie Shine was to play last year only for a late injury.

He was concussed. If we named 15 fit players to start last year we would have won even playing as we did.

The arrogance of ye bucks knows no bounds.

Syferus

Quote from: sligoman on June 10, 2016, 09:34:52 AM
Big blow that. Last year Roscommon had to endure late injury setbacks before the Sligo game, looks like history is repeating itself one year on.

The injuries weren't the issue. It was playing the injured players that was the bother.

He was concussed. If we named 15 fit players to start last year we would have won even playing as we did.

Yawn. If you want someone to play the gombeen and tell you how tough and brave Sligo are there's plenty out there to oblige. The fact is Sligo barely survived D3 last year and got ran out the gates in both games after the Ros one.

sligoman

Quote from: Syferus on June 10, 2016, 09:37:18 AM

Yawn. If you want someone to play the gombeen and tell you how tough and brave Sligo are there's plenty out there to oblige. The fact is Sligo barely survived D3 last year and got ran out the gates in both games after the Ros one.

Yes. Sligo barely survived D3 but put you lot on your arses in Connacht.

Roscommon are all hot air. Sligo football is not in a great place at the minute but we're still not too far away from Roscommon when it comes to business time which tells you a lot about the levels of delusion with you bucks.

As a matter of interest how long do Roscommon have to back for a Championship win over Galway or Mayo or any decent Championship team for that matter?

Prove yourselves first before running your gob.

Maroon Manc

Is Harney injured?

D Murtagh appears to be very injury prone as do a few others.

Mano

Quote from: sligoman on June 10, 2016, 09:44:10 AM

Roscommon are all hot air. Sligo football is not in a great place at the minute but we're still not too far away from Roscommon when it comes to business time which tells you a lot about the levels of delusion with you bucks.

As a matter of interest how long do Roscommon have to back for a Championship win over Galway or Mayo or any decent Championship team for that matter?

+1

Rossfan

Last year Evans started his" Connacht Final team" against Sligo.
We saw how that worked out ::)
While Kilbride and Murtagh might have been medically fit to play - they hadn't trained since the London game and shouldn't have been started.
Not to mention other events that day some of which are urban myths.
Anyway it's now June 2016 and it's time to bury all that sh1te and hopefully drive the black and white back across the Curlieus as the McDermott clan did down through history. With 2 of them in our team let's keep our heritage alive.
A noble race from a land where kings once trod.
Ros by 5.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Mano on June 10, 2016, 09:56:15 AM
Quote from: sligoman on June 10, 2016, 09:44:10 AM

+1

+6

..on Sunday.

oliverkelly

Quote from: Maroon Manc on June 10, 2016, 09:53:59 AM
Is Harney injured?

D Murtagh appears to be very injury prone as do a few others.

Both are very injury prone. Murtagh has now pulled his hamstring 3 times in 12 Months. Harney has pulled his 3 times since December but is due to start full training in the next week. 

Rossfan

2 lads who've been year round footballers for 5 or more teams for   4 or 5 successive years.........
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM