Ros v Shligo 12th June 2016.

Started by Rossfan, May 24, 2016, 08:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Sligo taking all the wrong options too

Wildweasel74

galwayman

Mayo won't be losing too much sleep at the prospect of playing either of these teams.

manfromdelmonte

Hard luck to all the mayo and Galway trolls here

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

From the Bunker

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on June 12, 2016, 05:33:41 PM
Hard luck to all the mayo and Galway trolls here

Of which there were none on this topic!

Itchy

Truth is Sligo are a very average team. Roscommon gave them an 8 point lead. Roscommon are nothing special, expect them to likely face Mayo who will beat them easily.

maigheo

Excellent response from Ros in the second half.Will give the Connacht final a good rattle

joemamas

Sligo in fairness tried very hard some good individual players.
Marren loss immeasurable
Tommy or Tom obviously gives Galway no chance, as he said McHale and K Mcstay are off to Castlebar.

moysider

Roscommon able to create goal chances. They must have had 10 goal chances today. That makes them dangerous opponents in final for Galway or Mayo.

Chimley

Quote from: maigheo on June 12, 2016, 05:40:54 PM
Excellent response from Ros in the second half.Will give the Connacht final a good rattle

That was a very impressive second half from Roscommon surely. That will give Walsh and Rochford plenty to think about.

Itchy

Quote from: moysider on June 12, 2016, 05:44:58 PM
Roscommon able to create goal chances. They must have had 10 goal chances today. That makes them dangerous opponents in final for Galway or Mayo.

But those chances due to Sligo total lack of athleticism around the middle, their full back line had no chance. Mayo will match that. Also Aidan o Shea or O Connor at Full Foward will have a field day.

moysider

FFs even Jarlath Burns dismissing Galway!! Jaybus not so long ago the Sunday Game used to be drooling over Galway.

Syferus

I was wondering if our lads lacked heart at half-time. It was worse than last year in the first half when you'd have expected us to be ready to burst through walls. Got some answer in the second half. Collins was brilliant when he came on and David Keenan was everywhere even if he wasted a couple balls. To win the second half by 17 points - wow. Enda Smith's goal was a thing of beauty too. Nice to see the laughing cut short too.

I said +7 before the match and some of ye questioned how dare I make that sort of prediction. Well after the dust settles the only thing that was wrong was I was too conservative.

That first half will not be good enough in any of our remaining matches. Roll on July 10th.

skeog

syfergus keep dreaming as that ros team will be blown away by mayo imo