2016 Summer Olympics Rio

Started by DrinkingHarp, May 24, 2016, 06:12:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bennydorano on August 21, 2016, 11:00:06 PM
Don't see much of Linford these days either.

yeah, another one that's been given the cold shoulder... if Mo is caught they will do the same
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Minder

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 21, 2016, 11:02:37 PM

yeah, another one that's been given the cold shoulder... if Mo is caught they will do the same

Did he not have a drink driving charge a few years ago too, which wouldn't have helped him
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Minder on August 21, 2016, 11:16:39 PM

Did he not have a drink driving charge a few years ago too, which wouldn't have helped him

Does Sharon Davis know about that  ::)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Minder

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 21, 2016, 11:22:56 PM
Quote from: Minder on August 21, 2016, 11:16:39 PM

Does Sharon Davis know about that  ::)

No idea
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Milltown Row2

these are the GB lads that have been caught.... Not a lot really.. not as many as I thought, was going through the list and nearly as many Irish athletes on that list

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_doping_cases_in_athletics

Gary Cadogan, Linford Christie, Mark Edwards, Paul Edwards, Mark Lewis-Francis, Diane Modahl, Carl Myerscough,  Callum Priestley, Mark Richardson, Douglas Walker, Solomon Wariso, Gareth Warburton, Rhys Williams, 

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 21, 2016, 11:37:56 PM
these are the GB lads that have been caught.... Not a lot really.. not as many as I thought, was going through the list and nearly as many Irish athletes on that list

Gary Cadogan, Linford Christie, Mark Edwards, Paul Edwards, Mark Lewis-Francis, Diane Modahl, Carl Myerscough,  Callum Priestley, Mark Richardson, Douglas Walker, Solomon Wariso, Gareth Warburton, Rhys Williams,
The other question is how hard have they been looking? There is a whiff about Farah alright but I have also read people say that with Salazar's reputation Farah would be mad to be on the juice with the spotlight on their relationship.

muppet

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 21, 2016, 11:52:24 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 21, 2016, 11:37:56 PM

The other question is how hard have they been looking? There is a whiff about Farah alright but I have also read people say that with Salazar's reputation Farah would be mad to be on the juice with the spotlight on their relationship.

Michelle Smyth, Lance Armstrong and the Dali Lama would be mad to be on the juice.

Seriously Tony!!!!!
MWWSI 2017

imtommygunn

Modahl got cleared eventuallyi think.

Also i think limford is a uka coach somewhere so hasn't been shunned at all.

NAG1

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 22, 2016, 07:32:11 AM
Modahl got cleared eventuallyi think.

Also i think limford is a uka coach somewhere so hasn't been shunned at all.

I think it is probably more due to the fact that he is absolutely rubbish on TV and has no charisma or personality when interviewed.

JimStynes

So Ireland finished 62 in the medal table then.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: JimStynes on August 22, 2016, 10:00:58 AM
How does that rank against previous Olympics. I can't imagine that those who did win a medal get much in the way of funding.

shark

You get what you pay for.

Boycey

Ireland have only 31 medals in the history of the Olympics, 4 of which are tainted so I'd say 2 medals is a par to good total. Our expectations were probably set so high because of our boxing team..

NAG1

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 22, 2016, 10:11:48 AM
How does that rank against previous Olympics. I can't imagine that those who did win a medal get much in the way of funding.

Its the ones who are getting the big funding that didnt perform that we should be asking the questions of TB