2016 Summer Olympics Rio

Started by DrinkingHarp, May 24, 2016, 06:12:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowcard

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 14, 2016, 11:26:10 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on August 14, 2016, 11:23:26 PM
It's amazing how the BBC and British media have lapped up the success of British sportspeople like Wiggins, Froome, Farah and Radcliffe in recent times. Suspicion surrounds all of them but they rarely get asked the questions that need answering. The success of Britain relative to its population at recent Olympics at the very least raises questions about how it was achieved given the propensity for doping athletes that prevails. Those 4 are massive outliers and there are other others too. It's pure hypocrisy from media based on nationality. The only journalist that had the balls to ask Farah a doping question after last nights race was an Irish journalist.

Same then can be said about the rowers and lad was already dumped before heading to Olympics gor Ireland, Smith didn't exactly come across clean when she won the golds be we all cheered!!

Anyone with half a brain could see Smith had doped. Walsh and Kimmage and Howard all questioned her. I don't hear any Brirish journalists questioning their own but are very quick to castigate others. Smith Was an average swimmer (at the very top level) until she turned 26 and then suddenly transformed and became a world beater. Remind you of anyone else?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: yellowcard on August 14, 2016, 11:32:19 PM
It's amazing how the BBC and British media have lapped up the success of British sportspeople like Wiggins, Froome, Farah and Radcliffe in recent times. Suspicion surrounds all of them but they rarely get asked the questions that need answering. The success of Britain relative to its population at recent Olympics at the very least raises questions about how it was achieved given the propensity for doping athletes that prevails. Those 4 are massive outliers and there are other others too. It's pure hypocrisy from media based on nationality. The only journalist that had the balls to ask Farah a doping question after last nights race was an Irish journalist.

Same then can be said about the rowers and lad was already dumped before heading to Olympics gor Ireland, Smith didn't exactly come across clean when she won the golds be we all cheered!!

Anyone with half a brain could see Smith had doped. Walsh and Kimmage and Howard all questioned her. I don't hear any Brirish journalists questioning their own but are very quick to castigate others. Smith Was an average swimmer (at the very top level) until she turned 26 and then suddenly transformed and became a world beater. Remind you of anyone else?

Kelly, Roche ...... And any other Irish sports person that done well?  If the Brits are doing it so are the Irish ffs!! We can put our heads in the sand all we like but most sports people at the top  are always looking an edge that will bring an extra couple % in their performances
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JimStynes

Some game of tennis! 100m semis starting soon

yellowcard

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 15, 2016, 12:38:11 AM

Kelly, Roche ...... And any other Irish sports person that done well?  If the Brits are doing it so are the Irish ffs!! We can put our heads in the sand all we like but most sports people at the top  are always looking an edge that will bring an extra couple % in their performances

I think we agree, we are no strangers to doping controversies ourself but we do at least have some of the best journalists who will do their job properly and ask the difficult questions. All you hear from British media and commentators is ridiculous chest thumping patriotism.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: yellowcard on August 15, 2016, 01:02:37 AM

I think we agree, we are no strangers to doping controversies ourself but we do at least have some of the best journalists who will do their job properly and ask the difficult questions. All you hear from British media and commentators is ridiculous chest thumping patriotism.

To be fair, they hammerd Chambers and continue to do so
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Well done Murray, 2 in a row, cant see him winning US Open, but he's git a bitta form behind him

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Wildweasel74

staying up to watch 10 seconds in time, nearly as bad the night i stayed up to watch tyson mow spinks on Tv all those years ago

Tony Baloney

Bolt a frustrating hoor. I wish he'd just leave the hammer down and see what number he gets.

yellowcard

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 15, 2016, 01:09:29 AM

Fairly easy target, the big names are immune to questioning. They give media jobs to the likes of Christie and Millar.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: yellowcard on August 15, 2016, 01:19:02 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 15, 2016, 01:09:29 AM

Fairly easy target, the big names are immune to questioning. They give media jobs to the likes of Christie and Millar.

Very rarely see Christie to be honest... Names muck for sure

ONeill

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 15, 2016, 01:14:27 AM
staying up to watch 10 seconds in time, nearly as bad the night i stayed up to watch tyson mow spinks on Tv all those years ago

Excitin for yer missus though.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

moysider

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 15, 2016, 01:14:27 AM

There is other good stuff as well to stay up for as well. I don't want to miss a thing.

Tony Baloney

Mageean faded badly in that race. Was looking well placed.

moysider

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 15, 2016, 01:16:49 AM
Bolt a frustrating hoor. I wish he'd just leave the hammer down and see what number he gets.

It's about getting through semi and winning gold. I suspect he may go eyeballs-out in the final.