Freestaters coming North to burgle houses

Started by T Fearon, May 22, 2016, 07:42:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

:(. Is it just me or has this become an epidemic.PSNI arrested 5 members of the same North Dublin Family (Ironically the surname is Cash!) the other day in Tandragee,Co Armagh after a number of houses were burgled in Newry,Markethill,and even as far up as my home town,Portadown.Soon be we'll be wary if we see a freestate registered vehicle.

OgraAnDun

Freestaters? Thought they were just 'Irish' as opposed to your so-called nationality of "Northern Irish".

omaghjoe

This has become a very important issue.

I hope them West Brit bastards on here have some answers for what they are going to do about it!

T Fearon

Seriously,my Twitter and Facebook feed is full of warnings and pictures of freestate registered cars and vans,acting suspiciously particularly round the Newry area.Are houses easier to burgle up here,or is there richer pickings to be had?

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Eamonnca1

I'm seeing the same warnings about free state motors on my feed. People around Lurgan are warning about free staters cruising around in free state registered cars and robbing houses around Lurgan.

Sheedy

a lot of houses being robbed recently in south down area, a lot of people blaming people in southern reg cars and vans.
nil satis nisi optimum

thejuice

Sadly there has been an increase of freestaters robbing houses south of the border too. My folks got done over the Christmas and a friends house was broken into during the day and every one at home. People are just getting a bit desperate the way things are.

Also border areas generally are notorious for criminal activity as anyone from south Armagh should be well aware of, diesel smuggling anyone? when I was in northern Spain there was a serious problems with French car thieves coming over and taking cars back over the border. happened to my in laws. Of course it works both ways.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Hardy

Let me get this straight. Burglary is a problem when there's a perception that it's being done by people from the republic? If these robberies were being done by people with locally registered cars, that would be different?

Windmill abu

QuotePSNI arrested 5 members of the same North Dublin Family (Ironically the surname is Cash!) the other day in Tandragee,Co Armagh after a number of houses were burgled in Newry,Markethill,and even as far up as my home town,Portadown.

It shouldn't be to hard to catch the thieves.

If Armagh get to Croke Park this year through the back door. The Garda should look for people selling orange sashes as Armagh scarves.
Never underestimate the power of complaining

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Hardy on May 22, 2016, 08:55:57 PM
Let me get this straight. Burglary is a problem when there's a perception that it's being done by people from the republic? If these robberies were being done by people with locally registered cars, that would be different?

No. There were no robberies until these free state-registered cars started appearing.

Hardy

That's what I thought. Newry, Markethill and Portadown are famously crime free.

omaghjoe

As expected the freestaters are keen to point the finger elsewhere and offer no viable solutions to improve the situation. Fuppin typical!

Tony Baloney

Time to get the border checkpoints back in action.

BennyCake