The Official Euro 2016 Thread

Started by laoislad, May 22, 2016, 12:34:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Much better than the Rossie Bus...

MWWSI 2017

magpie seanie

Quote from: laoislad on June 10, 2016, 05:52:43 PM
Trouble brewing between Russian and English fans in Marseille at the moment apparently..

I read it was groups of French guys going round looking for fights. No mention of Russians. There are supposed to be a good number of known scumbags that have travelled to Marseille from England. Trouble assured you'd think.

In other news - Giroud is muck isn't he?

Asal Mor

Quote from: magpie seanie on June 10, 2016, 08:56:05 PM

I read it was groups of French guys going round looking for fights. No mention of Russians. There are supposed to be a good number of known scumbags that have travelled to Marseille from England. Trouble assured you'd think.

In other news - Giroud is muck isn't he?
Quote from: ballinaman on June 10, 2016, 05:19:50 PM
Heading via London tomorrow.

imtommygunn

What were you saying seanie...

To be fair he has been woeful.

thewobbler

Giroud is far, far from shite. He's a good finisher who can hold the ball up, play deft touches, and win most aeriel battles.

If a team keeps playing through balls to him against an international standard defence, then of course he's going to struggle for pace. But put balls into the box or use him for one-twos, and he's a bloody effective player.

magpie seanie

He's still a donkey. Misses far too many chances. He'll get plenty of chances in this team though

imtommygunn

Evra has slowed a bit. Been caught a number of times in this game.

Captain Obvious

This French side are a pale shadow of their past tournament winning teams, can someone remind me why they are one of favorites to win Euro 2016?

laoislad

Game has come to life a bit now. Up until the first goal the best thing had been the cameramans performance in picking out some of the talent in the crowd.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

imtommygunn

Home team so big advantage.

Some good players but you need better than giroud up front to challenge to win these things.

ONeill

Jays boys yer hard on Giroud. He'll get you goals with the right delivery. And will keep them out at the other end.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Milltown Row2

Evra is a liability... France going nowhere at the minute... First game generally ends in a shock or a draw
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GJL

imtommygunn

How did west ham get payet?? Or leicester kante for that matter??

From the Bunker

Hate to say it but probably a good result for Ireland?