The Official Euro 2016 Thread

Started by laoislad, May 22, 2016, 12:34:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

michaelg

Quote from: Boycey on May 31, 2016, 09:05:05 PM
Feck me Ireland have some very average players...
Who is the boy from the old 4th Division?

ashman

We beat this mob 3 nil last Friday night .

JPGJOHNNYG

Considering some playerz are fighting for their place in france they are absolute muck. Anyway 4 years ago we played great against Bosnia as the farewell and then got tanked in poland

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on May 31, 2016, 09:34:40 PM
Considering some playerz are fighting for their place in france they are absolute muck. Anyway 4 years ago we played great against Bosnia as the farewell and then got tanked in poland

So does that mean they will get slaughtered in France, well, based on that logic??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Boycey on May 31, 2016, 09:05:05 PM
Feck me Ireland have some very average players...
Has it ever been any different?

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 31, 2016, 09:43:28 PM
Quote from: JPGJOHNNYG on May 31, 2016, 09:34:40 PM

So does that mean they will get slaughtered in France, well, based on that logic??

Probably lol

BennyCake

How did McGeady get into that squad?!

highorlow

That wonder goal in 1st match got mcgeady the ticket.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

BennyCake

Quote from: highorlow on May 31, 2016, 11:25:24 PM
That wonder goal in 1st match got mcgeady the ticket.

And what's the reason for the other 81 caps? That's right, he has 82 caps!!  :o

laoislad

McGeady probably only got in because Arter got injured.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

AZOffaly

Daryll Murphy looked awful, but other than that it was a bit of 'who cares?'.. Looking forward to it now.

shark

Quote from: AQMP on June 01, 2016, 09:22:05 AM
Shay Given must be the oldest player at the tournament?  Though I see Chelsea old boys well represented as Gudjohnsen is in the Iceland squad and Ricardo Carvalho is in the Portuguese squad (quick Google reveals he's 38).

Buffon is 38 too and is surely the only player at the tournament who played at France 98. There is probably a player at the tournament who wasn't alive then.

AZOffaly

shark

Hound

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 01, 2016, 09:18:38 AM
Daryll Murphy looked awful, but other than that it was a bit of 'who cares?'.. Looking forward to it now.
McGoldrick not much better, but still better I'd have thought.

Last night O'Kane and O'Dowda made a difference when they came on, showed positivity, enthusiasm and both wanted the ball. O'Dowda in particular looks a bright spark for the future.