Munster Senior Hurling championship 2016 .

Started by ashman, May 20, 2016, 11:21:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: southderryman on June 23, 2016, 10:00:28 PM
Lads a wee bit of advice needed...

Had booked hotel in thurles thinking the game would be there

Have hotel in limerick booked now (free cancellation)

Best to stay in thurles or limerick? Best pubs?
4 friends of mine also staying in thurles

What's the train / bus services like between limerick and thurles?

Any info appreciated
stay in Limerick. Plenty of pubs across the river.

AZOffaly

southderryman

Thanks lads

Hit me with a few decent pub recommendations there please

AZOffaly

Loads of good pubs in Limerick. Where are you staying? Tom Collins has a lovely pint, old mans pub. Souths is a good pub. The Sin Bin is lively, Flannerys (there's 3 of them), cobblestone joes. There a lot of good pubs. Nancy Blakes is famous. There's literally 10 or 20.

southderryman

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 24, 2016, 10:18:14 PM
Loads of good pubs in Limerick. Where are you staying? Tom Collins has a lovely pint, old mans pub. Souths is a good pub. The Sin Bin is lively, Flannerys (there's 3 of them), cobblestone joes. There a lot of good pubs. Nancy Blakes is famous. There's literally 10 or 20.
Thanks AZ

johnneycool

Waterford v Tipp?

Waterford by the odd point or with Callanan be able to get enough ball to get Tipp over the line?

In fairness Tipp have improved the ball into the forwards, but both Cork and Limerick are a step below Waterford in terms of defending and maybe made it a bit easier to pick their men out than Na Deise will do on Sunday.

Here's hoping for a good game in terms of end to end stuff, but I can't see it, but neither will care if they can get themselves a semi-final spot in August and avoid Kilkenny as that's ultimately what's at stake as both need more than a Munster final victory to placate their fans.

Stiil think Waterford will sneak it.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: johnneycool on July 06, 2016, 10:30:54 AM
Waterford v Tipp?

Waterford by the odd point or with Callanan be able to get enough ball to get Tipp over the line?

In fairness Tipp have improved the ball into the forwards, but both Cork and Limerick are a step below Waterford in terms of defending and maybe made it a bit easier to pick their men out than Na Deise will do on Sunday.

Here's hoping for a good game in terms of end to end stuff, but I can't see it, but neither will care if they can get themselves a semi-final spot in August and avoid Kilkenny as that's ultimately what's at stake as both need more than a Munster final victory to placate their fans.

Really? I think there's less pressure on Waterford to win Munster

johnneycool

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on July 06, 2016, 12:28:34 PM
Waterford v Tipp?

I don't think winning a Munster Championship matters to either camp, its the easier run at the AI semi-final at stake and the fact that Kilkenny are potentially waiting on whoever loses via the qualifier route.

Canalman

Quote from: johnneycool on July 06, 2016, 12:46:14 PM
Waterford v Tipp?

I don't think winning a Munster Championship matters to either camp, its the easier run at the AI semi-final at stake and the fact that Kilkenny are potentially waiting on whoever loses via the qualifier route.

Agree 100%. Joy  of winning munster championship back in the day was putting 4 or 5 dangerous counties out of the championship and behind you and probably a stroll into the AIF.

Now imo ist is just a competition to get you straight into  AISF  which has its merits but doesn't imo again merit this "magic of the munster championship" we still get.

manfromdelmonte

Waterford v Tipp?

Better off to get Kilkenny in an AI semi final

Kilkenny's home pitch for championship games for the last 16 years has basically been Croke Park

johnneycool

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on July 06, 2016, 01:18:34 PM
Waterford v Tipp?

Better off to get Kilkenny in an AI semi final

Kilkenny's home pitch for championship games for the last 16 years has basically been Croke Park

You reckon?

I suppose its splitting hairs as they've not lost any semi-finals in a decade or more and only lost the one final to Tipp in 2010.

manfromdelmonte

Limerick and Waterford have given them good games in AI semi finals recently

Once Kilkenny get to Croker they are almost unstoppable

johnneycool

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on July 06, 2016, 10:50:53 PM
Limerick and Waterford have given them good games in AI semi finals recently

Once Kilkenny get to Croker they are almost unstoppable

Limerick did, but Waterford were set up to keep the score respectable, the result was never in doubt!

Premier Emperor

The final is nearly on us. Lets hope its a game to match the occasion and Waterford don't ruin it with puke hurling.
Tie up Gleeson and Waterford are very average.
Bubbles is a loss and Callanan is carrying an injury, but I still expect us to be too good for the blahs.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Premier Emperor on July 09, 2016, 11:18:54 PM
The final is nearly on us. Lets hope its a game to match the occasion and Waterford don't ruin it with puke hurling.
Tie up Gleeson and Waterford are very average.
Bubbles is a loss and Callanan is carrying an injury, but I still expect us to be too good for the blahs.
I hope Waterford wipe the floor with Tipp