What are you hoping for from this years championship, eg own county and overall?

Started by seafoid, May 19, 2016, 07:49:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

To tr**p Derry into the fcukin ground. Don't worry about any other game or the championship as a whole. Just bury those inbred fcukers.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Sandy Hill

Quote from: ONeill on May 19, 2016, 05:07:33 PM
To tr**p Derry into the fcukin ground. Don't worry about any other game or the championship as a whole. Just bury those inbred fcukers.

What under God have you been drinking this evening ONeill; a most uncharacteristic outburst!?
"Stercus accidit"

oakleafgael

Quote from: Sandy Hill on May 19, 2016, 10:22:01 PM

What under God have you been drinking this evening ONeill; a most uncharacteristic outburst!?

The Tyronies are like the Orange men coming up to the 12th in the week leading up to playing Derry in the Championship. Perfectly reasonable for the most of the year but likely to loss the run of themselves.

From the Bunker

From the Bunker

Quote from: seafoid on May 19, 2016, 07:50:32 AM
I would like to see Mayo beating the Dubs in the final and the Galway lads beating Kilkenny in the final for a change

You've been reading Old Moores Almanac again!

Could this finally be the Year of the Choker?

OgraAnDun

To win a game would be nice, first time since 2013 as well. To show some signs of building for the future, it might have been there in the last few league games or maybe it was just luck or coincidence.

For the championship in general, someone other than Dublin, and preferably someone completely new and outside of the usual five or six teams that are there or there abouts come AI semis.

ck

Sligo: To get to Connacht final

Overall: More attacking football. Blanket defences getting beaten and seen as something from the past.

Syferus

Quote from: oakleafgael on May 19, 2016, 10:34:20 PM

The Tyronies are like the Orange men coming up to the 12th in the week leading up to playing Derry in the Championship. Perfectly reasonable for the most of the year but likely to loss the run of themselves.

Someone should have told Fergal Logan.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Syferus on May 19, 2016, 11:41:34 PM
Quote from: oakleafgael on May 19, 2016, 10:34:20 PM

Someone should have told Fergal Logan.

Ah jaysus, get over it
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

seafoid

I would like to see Cavan, Ros  and Tipp making progress this year. Kerry dropping out early.
It would be great if Monaghan could push on but they only have the one forward.

In the hurling I would love to see Limerick going places .

Fuzzman

I'd love to see Marty Morrissey taking swipes at Joe Brolly every match he commentates on.
I'd love to see the Dubs lose to Laois in Nolan park and go on a tour around Ireland including Celtic park.
I'd love to see Tyrone v Donegal in the Ulster final and both teams agreeing to play a total open brand of football with the commentators in RTE totally shocked and stating it was the best match ever.

Schkite

Two main goals for the year are probably the same as the last couple of years, retain Ulster and reach the last four of the AI.

The second part is arguably more important at this stage, but would be much more achievable by doing the first part.

Avondhu star

1. National. When a player scores a great goal not to have some gobshite of a commentator say "If that was scored by some Spanish lad in the European championships we would never hear the end of it". Get the big chip off their shoulders. Gaelic games are great but they are not the only sports in the world.
2. County. Cork hurlers to get back the class of players that can turn a game around with goals goals goals. Scoring 22 points and being beaten by a point is no good.
Cork footballers to do something so we dont have to listen to the "Ah but theres some grand footballers in Cork if they could just get going" shite
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you