2016 Leinster Football Championship

Started by Kuwabatake Sanjuro, May 09, 2016, 09:31:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

High Fielder

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Jinxy on May 16, 2016, 09:04:36 AM
If gaelic football was art, the Leinster championship would be a painting by Salvador Dali.
The Ulster championship would be a CAD drawing.

The Leinster Championship would be a crayon colouring book with Dublin being an adult and everyone else being a child.

We could also have Kildare and Meath as mid teens in remedial class.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

seafoid

Leinster football championship

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Allegory_of_Good_and_Bad_Government#The_Effects_of_Bad_Government

Below the tyrant the captive figure of Justice lies bound, while the figures of Cruelty, Deceit, Fraud, Fury, Division, and War flank him, and above him float the figures of Avarice, Pride, Gougers and Vainglory.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Wexford at 9/2 are a ridiculously big price to beat Kildare next Saturday, Kildare are missing arguably our 2 best players in Niall Kelly and Daniel Flynn, still can't defend and are in a bad way panel wise. Wexford and some Dublin hurling supporters will outnumber Kildare fans in Croke Park by at least 10 to 1 and although Wexford failed to get promoted from division 4 they will have no fear of Kildare. They should know by now if they keeping running at Kildare they should get 7 or 8 goal chances in the game.
Rory Hickey refs, which is not a bad thing from a Kildare point of view as he allows tackling but there still remains serious issues in that defence.

AZOffaly

It's a big game for David Power as well. His first foray into senior inter county hasn't gone as he would have hoped. I know he has designs on the Tipp job eventually, but he's going to have to do more than fail to get promotion out of Division 4, and have early championship exits. A win over a Cian O'Neill led Kildare would be a huge boost for him and his profile.

Donnellys Hollow

Niall Kelly, Dan Flynn and Eoin Doyle out? We could be facing a major malfunction.

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on May 17, 2016, 07:56:39 PM
Wexford at 9/2 are a ridiculously big price to beat Kildare next Saturday, Kildare are missing arguably our 2 best players in Niall Kelly and Daniel Flynn, still can't defend and are in a bad way panel wise. Wexford and some Dublin hurling supporters will outnumber Kildare fans in Croke Park by at least 10 to 1 and although Wexford failed to get promoted from division 4 they will have no fear of Kildare. They should know by now if they keeping running at Kildare they should get 7 or 8 goal chances in the game.
Rory Hickey refs, which is not a bad thing from a Kildare point of view as he allows tackling but there still remains serious issues in that defence.

Sad to see the Kildare support being at a low ebb. Hopefully ye won't be in the doldrums for long.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on May 17, 2016, 08:57:30 PM
Niall Kelly, Dan Flynn and Eoin Doyle out? We could be facing a major malfunction.

Eoin Doyle was never really expected to be back considering he has been out all year pretty much, when he does get fit again I'd like to see him tried at corner back. Although a different sport I thought he acquitted himself very well there in the International rules game. Although he gives everything I never thought he was the answer at 6 either.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on May 17, 2016, 09:17:46 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on May 17, 2016, 08:57:30 PM

Eoin Doyle was never really expected to be back considering he has been out all year pretty much, when he does get fit again I'd like to see him tried at corner back. Although a different sport I thought he acquitted himself very well there in the International rules game. Although he gives everything I never thought he was the answer at 6 either.

Yeah he was never likely to feature but he'd be handy to have around with the other two out. He dragged Kildare over the line against Offaly in Tullamore last year.

Kelly missing is a savage blow. He's irreplaceable. His form was one of the bright spots of the league along with Flynn's return and now both of them are gone.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 17, 2016, 09:07:21 PM
Sad to see the Kildare support being at a low ebb. Hopefully ye won't be in the doldrums for long.

Although I still believe that Cian O'Neill is the best man available for the Kildare job there is a huge air of negativity around the county as League performances were poor, no progress has been made on improving tackling which is our biggest weakness, the squad is arguably weaker than last year with accusations of pro Moorefield bias having some merit unfortunately.
There is a talented bunch of under 21 players there this year but the majority of those asked turned down the opportunity while one who did make it messed up by going to the races instead of training.
The level of support attendance wise has been on a downward trajectory for a while now but has collapsed completely post McGeeney, even just 4 years ago Kildare packed out Breffni Park.

€25 for the match Saturday evening won't help either.

Rossfan

They're not charging €25 for a Prelim Round game?! :o
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Curtain raiser for Dublin hurlers which to be fair shouldn't be a bad game. It would have made a lot more sense to have Kildare and Wexford played in Carlow with the hurling in Parnell Park or Wexford but Leinster GAA don't give a shit about non Dublin football fans.

Rossfan

Presumably a "Dublin/Corporate Event" to make up for moving Dublin footballers to Nowlan Pk? >:(
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Croí na hÉireann

Only thing that is making me think Wexford have a chance is that they took out Down in the qualifiers last year IIRC. The fact they didn't push hard for promotion won't help them but they are capable of putting one big performance together. Kildare, even missing the buckos, should have more than enough to win by 5.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...