Roscommon's Napoleon complex

Started by seafoid, May 04, 2016, 08:27:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

"In recent years, the term 'Napoleon complex' has been used as an analogy to denote those persons who have little or no standing or importance within a social or business group but who falsely exhibit advanced levels of authority in spite of this lack of real authority, for example a security guard on the gate of a company making decisions above those within their remit simply because of the implied importance of their role."

In Roscommon's case this could involve

1 Taking excessive interest in what Mayo people think of them when the Rhubarbs couldn't care less
2 Feeling Leitrim people have a set on them
3 Feelings of superiority towards Longford people
4 Tanking in the championship after doing well in the league

Rudi

Far too much time, get a girlfriend.

Rossfan

I'm sure there are some tablets which could help him.....
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

BennyCake

Quote from: seafoid on May 04, 2016, 08:27:14 PM
"In recent years, the term 'Napoleon complex' has been used as an analogy to denote those persons who have little or no standing or importance within a social or business group but who falsely exhibit advanced levels of authority in spite of this lack of real authority, for example a security guard on the gate of a company making decisions above those within their remit simply because of the implied importance of their role."

You've just described Louis Van Gaal.

thejuice

If Roscommon plan on invading Russia my only advice would be wait till the summer.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

From the Bunker

God it must be tough being a Galway football fan going by that rant!

seafoid

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 06, 2016, 11:59:55 AM
God it must be tough being a Galway football fan going by that rant!
The rapture will be back soon enough.
Hard to believe the Rossies getting excited about Leitrim and not expecting a decent summer.

Jinxy

Quote from: thejuice on May 06, 2016, 10:45:31 AM
If Roscommon plan on invading Russia my only advice would be wait till the summer.

And vice versa.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

muppet

Quote from: Jinxy on May 06, 2016, 01:32:45 PM
Quote from: thejuice on May 06, 2016, 10:45:31 AM

And vice versa.

;D ;D

I love multi-layered punchlines.
MWWSI 2017

giveballaghback

Id rather have a Napoleon complex then a create a stupid thread trying to be clever complex. ;D ;D

seafoid

Quote from: giveballaghback on May 06, 2016, 05:29:37 PM
Id rather have a Napoleon complex then a create a stupid thread trying to be clever complex. ;D ;D
you wouldn't. Women would laugh at you

weareros

Quote from: Rudi on May 04, 2016, 08:38:07 PM

He's working on it but his personal ad needs a bit of work. Lonely Fancy Dan Galwayman seeks anti-Zionist middle eastern girl who'd like to take a swirl on Salthill promenade and spend romantic evenings together reading Marx, Brehony, Silke and Carney.

giveballaghback

Quote from: weareros on May 06, 2016, 06:30:08 PM
Quote from: Rudi on May 04, 2016, 08:38:07 PM

He's working on it but his personal ad needs a bit of work. Lonely Fancy Dan Galwayman seeks anti-Zionist middle eastern girl who'd like to take a swirl on Salthill promenade and spend romantic evenings together reading Marx, Brehony, Silke and Carney.
[ ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D/quote]

seafoid

Ye are in D1 having beaten Kerry. Why the lack of composure about Leitrim? Why would it matter what their fans say about Ros?

seafoid

Moaning about pitches is very Rossie.  Does anyone else care?