Armagh v Cavan 29/5/2016

Started by tonto1888, May 03, 2016, 07:49:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

Brolly's going to be on the receiving end of a prolonged sleeper-hold before long.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Jinxy

How is Seanie Johnston allowed to wear that necklace?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

OgraAnDun

Quote from: Jinxy on May 29, 2016, 05:14:00 PM
Brolly's going to be on the receiving end of a prolonged sleeper-hold before long.

I thought he was making some decent points to be fair. The overtraining and control of player's lives, and not exclusively at inter county level, is an issue that may be come more and more to the fore in the near future.

square_ball

Quote from: Jinxy on May 29, 2016, 05:19:10 PM
How is Seanie Johnston allowed to wear that necklace?

Cos it looks really cool!

brokencrossbar1

Dreadful. To concede 2-16 while playing a 'Blanket' defence is unforgivable. I'd love to know what the S & C coach is doing as nearly man for man Armagh were bullied. TK and Campbell only forwards to show anything. A lot of players not good enough. No game plan and no intensity. Time to look at the whole system and invest in the schools rather than the seniors and look to 8-10 year plan

Milltown Row2

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 29, 2016, 05:32:47 PM
Dreadful. To concede 2-16 while playing a 'Blanket' defence is unforgivable. I'd love to know what the S & C coach is doing as nearly man for man Armagh were bullied. TK and Campbell only forwards to show anything. A lot of players not good enough. No game plan and no intensity. Time to look at the whole system and invest in the schools rather than the seniors and look to 8-10 year plan

Cavan took a lot of long range points and Armagh gave away a lot of frees
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 29, 2016, 05:35:58 PM

Cavan took a lot of long range points and Armagh gave away a lot of frees

They did but the also cut the defence open repeatedly. The reason they gave away frees is because they didn't know how to tackle and often had men isolated by runners.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Great to see him doing well now, he should never have been frozen out in the first place. Cavan would have made progress sooner if he was involved the last few years.

Captain Obvious

Armagh senior football in a bad place looked every bit like a division three team today. Well done to Cavan they need to keep playing direct football and less of the cautious stuff against Tyrone next.

SHEEDY

i've a feeling that us down supporters will be writing something similar this time next week.
nil satis nisi optimum

Itchy

Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on May 29, 2016, 05:46:22 PM
Great to see him doing well now, he should never have been frozen out in the first place. Cavan would have made progress sooner if he was involved the last few years.

Horse poo. The dropping of a few players was where this all started for Cavan.

tonto1888

Poor from us. Didn't think we would win but wanted to see something that could give some optimism for qualifiers. That said I've a sneaking suspicion we will have a few more games this year

mrdeeds

Exactly itchy. Not only lad in that panel today dropped.

T Fearon

Worst and most depressing Championship performance since Derry in 1995 which precipitated a change of management.No positives whatsoever