Laythrum v Ros 22/5/2016

Started by Rossfan, May 03, 2016, 12:10:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maigheo

What happened to the bould Willie H today?Less entertainment but we will at least know what is happening on the pitch :)

Farrandeelin

Quote from: seafoid on May 22, 2016, 04:12:58 PM
Leitrim backs are poor. The béal bocht was shite.
Never fell for it anyway.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Jinxy

Quote from: maigheo on May 22, 2016, 04:17:27 PM
What happened to the bould Willie H today?Less entertainment but we will at least know what is happening on the pitch :)

You wouldn't want him wasting his tenuous analogies on a game like this.
Much like a man using a harpoon to fish for pike.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Syferus

Donie winning everything inside and kicked by soke beautiful points. Murtaghs playing well too. John Mac having his best game at senior. James Mac having a very good debut so far. Seanie cleaning up a lot of ball and full of running too.

Not in a mental state where we can afford to ease off in the second half. Need to put the boot in now to get the heads straight for the next day.

maigheo

maigheo

Leitrim 0.10 Ros 1.15    10 to go

Syferus

Didn't really turn up in the second half until Leitrim lost the heads and a man. Played well at the end of both halves and that was that. Shine, John Mac and Seanie the best on day, Fintan Cregg got the man of the match nod but any of the four were worthy. Good to see Cathal Shine coming on and looking sharp. He's our one midfielder who has all the tools to compete with Mayo's Agri Show selection of bullocks in the middle. Even if we beat Sligo we won't be found out in the middle but against the top teams you need a guy you can hang your hat on to win aerial battles.

Seanie McDermott had his 150th appearance for Roscommon today. Incredible servant. Not many players can say they've hit that total.

Rossfan

Strange atmosphereless game which followed the May script of D1 team easily disposing of limited D4 team while not playing all that well.
Some great points by us from play, some awful free taking, totally unable to defend against opponents who run at us, a lot of sides in the 3rd quarter especially.
Excellent performances from Seànie, Fintan, Devaney and Ronan Daly brought a lot to the table.
Some stinkers too incl Syfín's hero.
Anyway we've progressed to the Semi Final with 2 wins under our belts while Galway and Sligo are at the same stage without kicking a ball.
Meanwhile Laythrum go into the All Ireland Qualifiers why I don't know as they won't qualify for anything.
Oh yes now I remember....
They ain't going to be put into any B or 2nd tier competition ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

I was listening to Shannonside. I forgot the pronunciation. Riscommon.
Why are they not called the Rissies?

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on May 22, 2016, 09:20:53 PM
Strange atmosphereless game which followed the May script of D1 team easily disposing of limited D4 team while not playing all that well.
Some great points by us from play, some awful free taking, totally unable to defend against opponents who run at us, a lot of sides in the 3rd quarter especially.
Excellent performances from Seànie, Fintan, Devaney and Ronan Daly brought a lot to the table.
Anyway we've progressed to the Semi Final with 2 wins under our belts while Galway and Sligo are at the same stage without kicking a ball.
Meanwhile Laythrum go into the All Ireland Qualifiers why I don't know as they won't qualify for anything.

All 26 are my heroes.

Rossfan

Now now Syfín - some are more heroic than others in your worldeen ;D

seafoid

Anyways good to see Ros performing well. It won't be a cakewalk for the rhubarbs

seafoid

Quote from: Rossfan on May 22, 2016, 09:20:53 PM
It's not about winning the all Ireland for most counties though. Leitrim have their own goals. What was the point of Ros or Galway taking part in the last 5 years ? 

Rossfan

Galway qualified for a couple of Quarter finals didn't they.
That should be the aim anyway of teams in the Qualifiers - to qualify.

theyellowbus

I seen a man from Leitrim at the game yesterday with his three young sons who were all togged out in their native colours and i felt a wee bit of admiration as well as sadness for the young lads.
Its very hard to encourage lads like that to take up football and keep at it when you see your own county performing so poorly like yesterday.
I still think that all counties should be allowed their chances in the all Ireland series as i don't agree with these so called B championships or whatever they are.
The GAA at a higher level should be doing more to promote and help nurture a higher standard in so called weaker counties as there seems to be an acceptance of results like yesterday which happen around this time of year.
I was very disappointed with the Leitrim following yesterday as in fairness to them they are usually a lot more vocal than they were yesterday and i would say that their actual support was less than half of the attendance which for a home game is poor.