Started by Rossfan, May 03, 2016, 12:10:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: Cunny Funt on May 05, 2016, 03:54:57 PM
Quote from: seafoid on May 05, 2016, 07:17:17 AM
Quote from: Syferus on May 04, 2016, 06:03:32 PM
Quote from: seafoid on May 04, 2016, 04:59:17 PM
Quote from: Syferus on May 04, 2016, 11:55:38 AM
The Leitrims are near as bad as the Mayos. Maybe even worse per capita. Christ a world where there was more Leitrim people. Terrible thought.
I always thought Leitrim people were dignified in defeat. And then every so often they win...

Imagine Connacht v Munster in the rugby, Sea.
No interest in provincial rugby syf. Ros have more exposure to the school of hard knocks I suppose.
I expect at least a qf appearance this year given the D1 status.
You are expecting too much I feel, would be a remarkable turnaround for Roscommon if they can go from a one point win against New York to reaching AI quarter final in one summer.

Sea has to find hope somewhere.

moysider

The Leitrims are near as bad as the Mayos. Maybe even worse per capita. Christ a world where there was more Leitrim people. Terrible thought.
I always thought Leitrim people were dignified in defeat. And then every so often they win...

No interest in provincial rugby syf. Ros have more exposure to the school of hard knocks I suppose.
You are expecting too much I feel, would be a remarkable turnaround for Roscommon if they can go from a one point win against New York to reaching AI quarter final in one summer.

I dunno. They dodged a bullet in NY and they lost the later league games as well, but those games were against arguably the strongest teams when they had already reached their goal of staying in Div.1.
Ros. now have time to regroup, train on and set themselves up for championship. Championship will tell where they are at like it will for everybody else as well.

seafoid

Quote from: moysider on May 06, 2016, 12:31:43 AM

I dunno. They dodged a bullet in NY and they lost the later league games as well, but those games were against arguably the strongest teams when they had already reached their goal of staying in Div.1.
Ros. now have time to regroup, train on and set themselves up for championship. Championship will tell where they are at like it will for everybody else as well.
I thought they had a decent team.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

giveballaghback

Seafoid is lamenting the Chokers v rhubarb rivalry in the mid to late nineties, have you forgotten your get out of jail free against the rossies in tuam and the gift goal in extra time in the replay in 1998 or the hammering in tuam in 2001 when only the new backdoor system saved yere bacon. maybe ye dont like the nightmares of being tested to the last by lesser beings and only reminisce about battles with what ye consider equals. That would be pretty much par for the course as Jim Carney of the tuam herald has shown many times in his anti rossie rants. 

Rossfan

And Seàn Bàn biased Gaillimheach floor as well >:(
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

Quote from: giveballaghback on May 06, 2016, 05:16:30 PM
Seafoid is lamenting the Chokers v rhubarb rivalry in the mid to late nineties, have you forgotten your get out of jail free against the rossies in tuam and the gift goal in extra time in the replay in 1998 or the hammering in tuam in 2001 when only the new backdoor system saved yere bacon. maybe ye dont like the nightmares of being tested to the last by lesser beings and only reminisce about battles with what ye consider equals. That would be pretty much par for the course as Jim Carney of the tuam herald has shown many times in his anti rossie rants.
The thing is they won the fn thing in both of those years.
I would love to see Ros winning the all Ireland. Why can't they ?

giveballaghback

Any news from Rossie camp re injuries, midfield will be a big problem Sunday week, none of our injured players seem to be making progress looking at the club lineouts and reports from last weekends club games, will have it all to do in pairc Sean by all accounts, Leitrim will be setting up ultra defensively as they did against Galway last year and Ros have problems playing against these systems especially on a tight pitch like carrick.
Now Leitrim finished second last in div 4 but how much would they have beaten Ny by if they played them.
I was in Ny and it was a terrible display, in my time watching championship football the worst display by far. Reading Mcstays interview in yesterdays indo gaa mag he is very much at odds with the display and seems very unsure of what ground we stand on. A little disconcerting so near a championship  that we have been preparing for since last October.
Some think this is all part of the greater plan, not so I say. Only good performances and decisive wins against both Leitrim and Sligo will steady the ship and give the team confidence to face a Connacht final on July 10. 

Cunny Funt

Talk of a Connacht final on July 10th needs to be parked for Roscommon. After what happened in New York it would be foolish to think that far ahead, leitrims lack of firepower their problem but Sligo are well capable of beating Roscommon again.

Rossfan

Let's just show a biteen of respect and play Leitrim first.
After NY all the carried away guff should be put to bed.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Only the totally mad people in the county would be look is beyond Leitrim. Even Sligo aren't on the radar, let alone a Connacht final.

seafoid

Quote from: Syferus on May 11, 2016, 06:03:52 PM
Only the totally mad people in the county would be look is beyond Leitrim. Even Sligo aren't on the radar, let alone a Connacht final.
I don't believe that you are drinking g the Kool Aid syf

giveballaghback

I have total respect for both Leitrim and Sligo, an upset is always a possibility, if either side beats us then the Ny form will have been rubber stamped and we are right back where we started before the new management team took over.
So if we dont qualify for the Connacht final then we are not a top 16 team never mind a top 8 team.
We have survived the warning in Ny. The next 2 games will tell us for once and for all where this group of players are, I believe they will come up trumps and reach a Connacht final for the first time since 2011.
Keep yere knickers on lads, if stating the obvious hexes the team then maybe they are not the team most ros supporters think they are.
We will reach a Connacht final, unless Mayo have gone back considerably we will lose the final but I would hope that we can reach a quarter final, that would be progress for this season. Losing to Leitrim or Sligo would be a major step back. No disrespect to those 2 teams but thems the facts. Now shout and fart all ye like ;D

sligoman2

Remember that Sligo's best performance comes when we are severe underdogs.

- Leitrim will be big favorites when we play them.   ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

weareros

Quote from: seafoid on May 11, 2016, 08:14:16 PM

Kook Aid? With 10 mins to go we were no longer drinking cold beer in the Bronx.

seafoid

Quote from: weareros on May 12, 2016, 12:18:00 AM
Quote from: seafoid on May 11, 2016, 08:14:16 PM

Kook Aid? With 10 mins to go we were no longer drinking cold beer in the Bronx.
Those matches are always tricky. the thing is to get past them