Memories of Hillsborough

Started by JBM on the 21, April 26, 2016, 07:27:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Don't be so Savage  >:(

I never thought I'd agree with David Vance who tweeted today that if Liverpool's supporters put as much effort into obtaining justice for Heysel victims they might actually gain more credit.

While I have once again every sympathy for the Hillsborough victims,none of whom were involved in any misbehaviour,I will pose this question.If every so called Liverpool supporter behaved in a reasonable fashion at Hillsborough that day,would this tragedy have happened?

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on April 27, 2016, 08:34:09 PM
Don't be so Savage  >:(

I never thought I'd agree with David Vance who tweeted today that if Liverpool's supporters put as much effort into obtaining justice for Heysel victims they might actually gain more credit.

While I have once again every sympathy for the Hillsborough victims,none of whom were involved in any misbehaviour,I will pose this question.If every so called Liverpool supporter behaved in a reasonable fashion at Hillsborough that day,would this tragedy have happened?

No comment.

Just quoting it because he will try to delete it later.
MWWSI 2017

T Fearon

I will not delete it.At the end of the day the Police and any other statutory agencies should be held to account for their failings,but if everyone had behaved responsibly that day,their failings wouldn't have happened.

Just as I believe that Brendan Smyth was ultimately  responsible for his vile behaviour, not Sean Brady,and that those who planted the bomb in Omagh are ultimately responsible,not the RUC/Garda who failed to intercept the bomb.

Red Hand Man

I'll engage you. In what way did the Liverpool fans behave irresponsibly?

T Fearon

Who caused the surges on the terraces?

I was in the West Stand that infamous night at Lansdowne Road when it all kicked off with Combat18. We all obeyed Gardai instructions to the letter and got out promptly and safely.

omaghjoe

Tony would you ever just shut up the f**k

imtommygunn

that is a staggering read red hand man. Your man hasn't the ability to form a rational opinion so i wouldn't worry and little point engaging.

T Fearon

And every jury,in this case made up by lay people totally sympathetic to the civilians, is always 100% right? I do not want to sully the names of the victims who I accept were totally innocent (and I've visited the memorial at Anfield to pay my respects on a few occasions), but the Police were under extreme pressure that day and as a result made tragic and fatally wrong decisions.You have to ask what or who caused this abnormal pressure.

Red Hand Man

I shouldn't have engaged with you.  But I will say this. Tony, I genuinely pity you.

Aaron Boone

Imagine being on a jury for 2 years.

Gabriel_Hurl

It's a joke he's been allowed to peddle his bullshit on this place for so long.

seafoid

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on April 27, 2016, 10:04:40 PM
It's a joke he's been allowed to peddle his bullshit on this place for so long.
This issue is a real gamechanger I think

imtommygunn

Point proven.

A person with the ability to form a rational opinion would have read that article.

They're even one word answers.

Anyway it is great justice has been done and hopefully there will be more of it wwith prosecutions.

The tory government and the sun newspaper can hang their heads in shame. Sadly i think we are only beginning to see the damage a tory government can do :(