Dublin

Started by ashman, April 24, 2016, 05:17:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

Imagine the reaction if this was an ex Tyrone player?

screenexile

Quote from: rrhf on May 10, 2016, 11:13:22 AM
Imagine the reaction if this was an ex Tyrone player?

HAHAHAHA!!!!

Wind yer neck in this has zero to do with Tyrone for a change. . . contrary to the fact Tyrone are in the Irish News every day the world doesn't revolve around you!!!

Main Street

Yet another paranoid Tyrone thread infection.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Avondhu star on May 10, 2016, 08:25:26 AM
I've seen O Se at games. When play stops up the field he would have a bit of a chat with the linesman or umpire making himself out to be a real nice fella. Then when it comes to the crunch he will get the 50 50 decision. O Dwyer was the same. When with Kildare he met the ref coming out of the dressing room and said "Im glad we have a good strict ref for this game" Kildare won by a point from a soft free

The late Gerry McDermott used to tell that story regularly:

QuoteHe often told the story about one of the many championship wins they shared together in Kildare.

"At half-time Micko was annoyed with some of the [referee's] decisions but told the players to accept them even if they were wrong. As we were walking back across to the dugout, who came along but the referee. I said to myself, 'God, there's going to be some confrontation here'. Instead Micko said, 'Jesus, Johnny, you're having a mighty game! You're the best referee in the country! I'm telling yoouuu!' wagging his finger like this here.

"Well, Johnny went away with his tail wagging and the next thing we got a free in which should definitely have been a free out. We won that game by a point. When the final whistle went, Micko gave me a nudge and winked, 'It pays to praise people, you know'."

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/columnists/gerry-loved-the-game-more-so-than-the-association-178880.html
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

From the Bunker

Quote from: Main Street on May 10, 2016, 04:38:32 PM
Yet another paranoid Tyrone thread infection.

As the song goes 'Just because you're paranoid. Don't mean they're not after you'.

Main Street

To be fair to Tomás, he got it right first time,  there isn't a better word than what he used. to describe that element. "Mental strength" just sounds embarrassingly corny, like an alibi that could be only listened to in a Judge O'Connor court.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Gougers would've been a good term to use but would probably be too specific. When I was younger gouger was a more common term but incidentally the act of gouging seems more prevalent in recent years. Although I'm unsure whether the act of gouging and the term gouger have any link to one another.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

rrhf

Seriously though what the fcuk makes someone eye gouge

ashman

Dublin are winning because they are fine footballers and are on another level physically and athletically to all other teams .

A "nasty streak" has little or nothing to do with it .

rrhf

Agreed they are probably good enough to win even without the eye gouging.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Quote from: rrhf on May 11, 2016, 10:18:33 PM
Seriously though what the fcuk makes someone eye gouge

Roid rage is the only thing I can think off, would explain why it is so common in Rugby. No normal person would do it.

INDIANA

Quote from: rrhf on May 11, 2016, 10:26:24 PM

Well Ricey and Gormley gave masterclasses in it for years and you never cried foul so pot and kettle

rrhf

thebuzz

Quote from: INDIANA on May 11, 2016, 10:54:17 PM
Quote from: rrhf on May 11, 2016, 10:26:24 PM

Well Ricey and Gormley gave masterclasses in it for years and you never cried foul so pot and kettle

Now RRHF, Ricey and Gormley were great footballers but they were no angels either.... :-)