Minors 2016

Started by twohands!!!, April 13, 2016, 10:44:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Quote from: Rossfan on May 12, 2016, 10:39:53 PM
2011?
I seem to recall us losing an AI SF to Tipp that year.

Sorry, badly worded. I should have said 2010. I meant since Tipp made the breakthrough in 2011.

AZOffaly

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 12, 2016, 11:43:01 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on May 12, 2016, 10:16:14 PM
Quote from: twohands!!! on May 12, 2016, 09:02:26 PM
Cork 1-19 Limerick 0-6 FT

Standard Munster Final of Cork v Kerry

Makes the Tipperary capitulation v Limerick all the harder to understand. Young lads, eh. As for the standard final, I think this is he first Cork Kerry minor final since 2011.

They played each other in 2014!

Of the last 11 there have been only 4! So it's not so bad! Tipp have been in 7 and won 2!

You're right. I forgot about that year as well. But I think my point stands :) We just have to try and make sure it doesn't revert to the previous norm.

Dinny Breen

Kildare 1-07 Westmeath 0-02 ht

Westmeath's accuracy shockingly poor. Scoreline should be tighter, Kildare forwards very economical, referee very focused on steps.
#newbridgeornowhere

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Kildare win 1-16 to 0-08, Ciaran Kelly and Hyland doing the majority of the scoring again.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on May 21, 2016, 02:20:38 PM
Kildare win 1-16 to 0-08, Ciaran Kelly and Hyland doing the majority of the scoring again.

They did but I thought Masterson and Marnell did well at midfield and O'Loughlin pulled the strings. Jack Robinson showed promise but if Westmeath had better accuracy it could have been a lot tighter.
#newbridgeornowhere

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

muppet

Quote from: Jinxy on May 21, 2016, 05:39:07 PM
Meath 1-18
Dublin 2-05

Leinster MFC: Royals demolish Dubs by ten points

http://www.hoganstand.com/Meath/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=255471&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Time to split Meath.

More seriously, great performance.
MWWSI 2017

Jinxy

This is the start... the start of THE END.
A terrible beauty is born.

thejuice

Great result. There has been stirrings of something good at underage for the last 12 months, hopefully this can transfer into the seniors in the coming years. Considering this minor team lost a talent like Conor Nash to Aussie rules and still get a big win against Dublin.

Results like that are a great boost to the county and hopefully a sign the board are getting things right. But one swallow as they say doesn't make a summer. Trophies need to follow on from this.

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Is it Kildare and Meath in the semi final now or is there another draw? The big thing for Meath is to continue the players development in the next 3 years.
Kildare hammered Dublin at minor 3 years ago but lost narrowly to them at u21 this year. By the time the players are 24 there will undoubtedly be some gap.

ONeill

Derry a point up at half time.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

OgraAnDun

0-14 to 0-10 to Derry at the minute.

oakleaflad

Derry minors won 1-15 to 0-10

ballinaman

FT Offaly 0-19 Wexford 1-11

Semi Finals Meath vs Kildare, Offaly vs Laois

Jinxy

Some joke.
Dublin beat Offaly, Meath beat Laois, Meath beat Dublin and both Offaly and Laois make a semi-final against each other.