Minors 2016

Started by twohands!!!, April 13, 2016, 10:44:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Quote from: tippabu on April 21, 2016, 09:23:29 AM
Disappointing but annoying considering this year minor hurling manager got his way and county board weighed in and said no dual players.....reaching two minor finals last year was seen as a massive failure to hurling people.

On anot her note, someone said to me this is our first time in 13 years losing to someone other than cork or kerry....good record all the same

Good record, but now need to bounce back and get back on track. That should have been a good minor team, they won the Munster competition 2 years ago. Obviously the hurling situation didn't help matters, but they should have been able to beat Limerick. (Who are not a bad side at all, and I warned people about them all week), I actually think it was Limerick that they beat in that U16 competition.

Very disappointed for the lads, but as I say, it's vital the football side take full stock of what the county board stance (in direct contravention of a county convention vote!!) means, and cut our cloth according to measure. It's not the end of the world if no dual players are allowed, but we have to have access to them a lot earlier than waiting for the last rounds of hurling cuts or whatever.

Maroon Manc

How many dual players missed out for Tipp?

AZOffaly

twohands!!!

Limerick 1-13 Waterford 1-5

Waterford were 1-3 to no score up after 7 minutes, then they didn't score again until the 42nd minute.

Conallach

Quote from: muppet on April 18, 2016, 01:52:48 PM
"Under the deal, which follows on from the Croke Park, Haddington Road and previous agreements, teachers are required to work an extra 33 hours per school year in non-classroom contact – but after school sports don't count towards this figure."

That was very short sighted. Anyone know why this was part of the agreement?

We get to spend Croke Park Hours either sitting in unproductive meetings, or doing paperwork that's of no benefit to anyone, bar perhaps ourselves on occasion. It's busy-work and part of the trend of blindly copying the UK's completely unsuccessful moves on best practice in teaching, moves that have led to the enormous drop-out rate among young teachers, with no positive trade-off.

Opening up the Croke Park hours to after school activities would be wonderful. I'd much rather spend the time on street leagues, art projects or dramas. It'd be better for parents, children and teachers.

muppet

Quote from: Conallach on April 29, 2016, 12:10:52 PM
Quote from: muppet on April 18, 2016, 01:52:48 PM
"Under the deal, which follows on from the Croke Park, Haddington Road and previous agreements, teachers are required to work an extra 33 hours per school year in non-classroom contact – but after school sports don't count towards this figure."

That was very short sighted. Anyone know why this was part of the agreement?

We get to spend Croke Park Hours either sitting in unproductive meetings, or doing paperwork that's of no benefit to anyone, bar perhaps ourselves on occasion. It's busy-work and part of the trend of blindly copying the UK's completely unsuccessful moves on best practice in teaching, moves that have led to the enormous drop-out rate among young teachers, with no positive trade-off.

Opening up the Croke Park hours to after school activities would be wonderful. I'd much rather spend the time on street leagues, art projects or dramas. It'd be better for parents, children and teachers.

This sounds like a no brainer.

What is the thinking behind the opposition to this, if indeed there is any?
MWWSI 2017

Conallach

Top down decision making (agreed by unions abnormally weighted towards the older members) in a pressurised environment probably, although it came a little before my time teaching.

mrhardyannual

Quote from: Conallach on April 29, 2016, 05:10:11 PM
Top down decision making (agreed by unions abnormally weighted towards the older members) in a pressurised environment probably, although it came a little before my time teaching.
Let's hope that the rest of your teaching is better prepared that the ridiculous comments above. The extra hours were imposed by the DES as a  means of avoiding payment for substitution at secondary level (for lunchtime supervision and teacher absences). At primary level it was designed to impose mandatory periods of group planning. The DES refused to allow any extra-curricular activity be included despite requests from Unions. The extra hours were agreed by teachers in ballots under departmental duress.The suggestion that "older members" would have agreed it as they wouldn't be as involved in extra curricular activities as younger teachers is as insulting as it is uninformed. Many such teachers have given and continue to give of their time freely to their pupils and much of what they did was funded from their own pockets.

Conallach

Interesting post. As I said, I wasn't around for it, was guessing and absolutely stand corrected!

If it makes you feel any better, I'll always be that chunk short of your paypacket!

StephenC

Quote from: mrhardyannual on April 29, 2016, 09:11:44 PM
Quote from: Conallach on April 29, 2016, 05:10:11 PM
Let's hope that the rest of your teaching is better prepared that the ridiculous comments above. The extra hours were imposed by the DES as a  means of avoiding payment for substitution at secondary level (for lunchtime supervision and teacher absences). At primary level it was designed to impose mandatory periods of group planning. The DES refused to allow any extra-curricular activity be included despite requests from Unions. The extra hours were agreed by teachers in ballots under departmental duress.The suggestion that "older members" would have agreed it as they wouldn't be as involved in extra curricular activities as younger teachers is as insulting as it is uninformed. Many such teachers have given and continue to give of their time freely to their pupils and much of what they did was funded from their own pockets.

LOL. What "duress" has the department ever been able to bring to bear on Teachers? Rubbish.

armaghniac

Quote from: StephenC on April 30, 2016, 06:07:55 PM
LOL. What "duress" has the department ever been able to bring to bear on Teachers? Rubbish.

I think cutting your pay is a form of duress, but of course in your world it may be different.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Croí na hÉireann

Tough draw for Westmeath in the nightmare half of the draw (presuming 3 plays 4).
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

AZOffaly

Offaly have bounced back well after the defeat v Dublin. 2 good wins in Longford and in Aughrim. Wexford are at a disadvantage here as Offaly now have 3 good games under their belts while Wexford only have that farce against Kilkenny.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on May 05, 2016, 03:39:44 PM

Tough draw for Westmeath in the nightmare half of the draw (presuming 3 plays 4).

Is it not open draw again for the semis to help promote the games?
#newbridgeornowhere

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 06, 2016, 10:10:06 AM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on May 05, 2016, 03:39:44 PM

Is it not open draw again for the semis to help promote the games?

Could be, how would you know though?
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...