Minors 2016

Started by twohands!!!, April 13, 2016, 10:44:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PW Nally

Quote from: Duine Eile on July 30, 2016, 10:49:32 PM
Always hard to judge a minor team, couple of very handy forwards on this Galway side, Evan Murphy (cousin of Sean Armstrong I believe) Rob Finnerty (son of Mayo's Anthony Finnerty) and Dessie Conneely are all quality players but they seem loose enough at the back, Haslem had to make a big number of saves today and there was a penalty given away which he saved.
The full back is some buckeen
https://youtu.be/7XQE6g9vf7A

Duine Eile

;D a fairly handy handball player too I believe, no end to his talents!

Syferus

Quote from: ck on July 30, 2016, 10:19:49 PM
I saw Galway twice this year and was highly impressed. In saying that they will exit the Cship in next round. Donegal sources are saying this is the best minor side they've ever had. They wiped Cork off the pitch in 2nd half today.

Galway will probably walk the game.

GalwayBayBoy

Kerry 1-24 Derry 2-10

Wildweasel74

Knew Kerry beat Derry as they had a serious conveyor belt past 2/3 years but 1-24 a massive score to give away. Given Derry give it tight to Donegal looks like Kerry massive favorites to lift it again this year.

J70

Quote from: Syferus on July 31, 2016, 10:51:08 AM
I saw Galway twice this year and was highly impressed. In saying that they will exit the Cship in next round. Donegal sources are saying this is the best minor side they've ever had. They wiped Cork off the pitch in 2nd half today.

Based on?

J70

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 31, 2016, 02:11:35 PM
Knew Kerry beat Derry as they had a serious conveyor belt past 2/3 years but 1-24 a massive score to give away. Given Derry give it tight to Donegal looks like Kerry massive favorites to lift it again this year.

Probably, but both Kerry AND Donegal beat Cork by six.

Hard to know at minor level from game to game.

twohands!!!

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 31, 2016, 02:11:35 PM

All bar one point coming from play -  :o that's serious firepower.

Syferus

Quote from: J70 on July 31, 2016, 04:14:52 PM
Quote from: Syferus on July 31, 2016, 10:51:08 AM

Based on?

Based on CK's track record with minor teams!

The last hyped up Donegal side were nearly beat by an ok Ros minor side in 2014 also. I recall CK saying we had no hope going into that one. Galway have an excellent set of forwards and have every chance of not only beating Donegal but winning the AI. CK definitively saying Donegal will beat Galway based on 'sources' is a bit too much gravy for my roast.

macdanger2

Any updates on the Mayo v Kildare game?

Edit: just caught an update on Midwest, 1-2 to 1-4 to Kildare, almost ht

GalwayBayBoy

HT

Kildare 1-4 Mayo 2-2

Zulu

Mayo had the wind in the first half so are probably under pressure now. The half finished with a 30 man brawl according to the commentators so things could be feisty in the second half! No sendings off but a few black cards and yellows. Live commentary - http://www.kfmradio.com/listen-live-player.html

Dinny Breen

Poor game. Conditions under foot not good very slippy. Usual incompetent referee with farcical scenes before ht but Kildare were the losers with Hyland getting a black card for been dragged to the ground by his neck. Kildare with strong wind in the 2nd half.
#newbridgeornowhere

Zulu

Mayo 2-05 Kildare 1-10 about 10 minutes gone in the second half.

Cunny Funt

Kildare making hard work of this against a less than great Mayo minor team.