LSFC Meath v Kildare

Started by Dinny Breen, May 01, 2007, 10:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

I was very impressed with O'Neill during the club championship. I like to see a full-back that attacks the ball and drives out with it. I was at the league semi against Donegal however and he didn't look happy at midfield. Maybe he was tired but he showed none of the speed or assurance I'd seen during the club campaign. Where will they put Lyons if O'Neill goes full-back?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Dinny Breen

QuoteWhere will they put Lyons if O'Neill goes full-back?

Would you believe there is talk of Lyons going to midfield, he plays there a bit with Clane. However I'd like to see him at half-back, he's got good recovery speed and his confident talking the ball forward.
#newbridgeornowhere

Jinxy

I thought your centre back in the Donegal game looked a bit small. Maybe Lyons will slot in there. Also, is Karl Ennis fit to play?

Captain Scarlet

Ennis wouldn't be near right Id say.

word is it will be Glavin and Sweeny in the middle. Lyons in the half back line.

seemingly Glavin is ok but Roly may run out of steam towards the end.

the lads are confident if they even break even in the middle thay will do it.

agree about hogarty at no 6, good player but lacking presence at this level. should be a good game. i live RIGHT on the border so i hope to jaysus we win.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Dinny Breen

I'd like that midfield, would be confident we'd win our own share. Likewise would have reservations about Hogarty, that spot will be Mick Foley's soon enough. They should be confident and tradtionally we have no fear of Meath, should be a good day on Sunday...
#newbridgeornowhere

thejuice

Really looking forward to this, even tho I cant go. I've got a good vibe, reckon we can do it. Should be a good ole game and I reckon Coyler will have the boys raring to go. The prize of a shot at the Dubs should be enough motivation. None of the above is based on fact or any insite to the palyers or teams just that feeling i get in my gut when the Championship starts every summer, the old "this could be our year" bug that i think every GAA man gets no-matter where he's from.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

An Lark

Crofton's team selection has been quite consistent from game to game in the latter half of the league. So I'd be surprised to see him making too many changes.

I agree that Kevin O'Neill is a better full back and will in future play there but at the moment with our current injuries in midfield, why would we move the only fully fit lad to have played there regularly this season. Same for Lyons - he's being playing well at fullback. If he was going to be moved it should have been done 5/6 games ago.

Ideally, I think the lads returning from injury (Glavin, Sweeney, Foley) should be introduced in the second half rather than be first 15 starters. With Tomas O'Connor gone, he might have to chance Glavin or Sweeney in the half forwards.  Willie Heffernan and Kevin O'Neill should start at midfield. Lyons should be full back.

And while I'm at it - if Peter Canavan wants to help us out he should transfer to us and forget about this sh!te of trying to coach us!

Jinxy

Any whispers of the Meath line-up? I'd say it won't differ much from the latter stages of the league. GG as impact sub. I think big joe might find his way in there somewhere. He showed well against Armagh by all accounts. Still think he's too slow for Croker.

The Claw

Any truth in the runour that the Hill is closed?
havent heard anything but would expect it to be somthing like
1. Muphy
2. Harro
3. Fayser
4. McKeigue
5. King
6. Moyles
7. Kenny
8. Wardy
9. Crawford
10. McGloughlin
11. Reilly
12. Byrne
13. Bray
14. Farrell
15. Sheirdan

Graham, Cian Ward to make appearances.

Jinxy

The Hill is deffo closed.

Dinny Breen

Kildare Team named

Enda Murphy,
Eamann Callaghan,
David Lyons,
Aindriu MacLochlainn,
Anthony Rainbow,
Mark Hogarty,
Emmett Bolton,
Ross Glavin,
Kevin O'Neill,
James Kavanagh,
Padraig O'Neill,
Ken Donnelly,
Tadhg Fennin 
John Doyle (capt)
Mikey Conway.

Well JC went with the defence that served us very well in the league, Glavin gets a shot at midfield, Sweeney was probably too much of a risk and personally I'm glad to see Conway get a chance, a very talented young lad. O'Neill is probably at CHF to help add a physical presence around midfield. Would have reservations about Donnelly and Rainbow (big pitch won't suit a slow Anthony) but think that's a team that can beat Meath. 5 days to go  8)
#newbridgeornowhere

Gnevin

Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Jinxy

I think they are installing a slatted floor for ye.

Gnevin

Quote from: Jinxy on May 15, 2007, 11:51:25 PM
I think they are installing a slatted floor for ye.

They are properly installing slower gates so they can blaim us for more delays
  ::)
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Jinxy

They are widening the turnstiles so the average Dublin fans porter belly can fit through without getting wedged. ;D