Anyone (else) in a choir?

Started by Shamrock Shore, April 13, 2016, 11:54:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shamrock Shore

I was wondering if there are any fellow GAAboarders in a choir?

I am in one here in Site Dublin. One of 6 tenors in a 30+ strong group of mixed sexes and ages. It's a great distraction and we were one of the choirs that were in the recent Centenary RTE production. (I can be seen Dad dancing at one stage  :-[ )

I think it's a wonderful way of de-stressing and if you've ere a note in your head you should seek out one in your locale. There are hundreds of them all over Ireland.

Orior

I've tried various ways of picking up chicks but joining a choir isn't one of them. But hey Shamrock Shore, if it worked for that guy in American Pie then go for it. Make sure to come back later to tell us how you got on. And don't forget Rule 1.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Shamrock Shore

Orior

Nah - choir is not a place to pick up de weemin. Unless you fancy some auld wan. One of our elder ladies was at The Beatles in The Adelphi in Dublin in 1963.

laoislad

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on April 13, 2016, 12:19:28 PM
Orior

Nah - choir is not a place to pick up de weemin. Unless you fancy some auld wan. One of our elder ladies was at The Beatles in The Adelphi in Dublin in 1963.
Rule 1.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

stew

Quote from: laoislad on April 13, 2016, 12:20:48 PM
Orior

Rule 1.

I was in one for years in Green Bay, I loved it and met some wonderful people through it, I also got a lot of pleasure in the spiritual aspect of it.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Shamrock Shore

QuoteI also got a lot of pleasure in the spiritual aspect of it.

True for ya Stew. There is one piece we do - "Cantique de Jean Racine" that always moves our audience (not way from us and closer to the exits I might add) and it's one I particulary enjoy doing.

Here it is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jliWPm6hoU but note. THAT IS NOT US.

No Rule 1s Laois Lad. But, rest assured, she's no Debbie MeGee.

Tony Baloney

Orior

A colleague of the wife is in Belfast Community Gospel Choir and from what I have seen of them on tv it is full of quare things.

I'm a stickler for rule 1 myself, so...

http://www.bcgc.biz/meet-the-choir/

stew

Quote from: Tony Baloney on April 13, 2016, 01:49:11 PM
Orior

A colleague of the wife is in Belfast Community Gospel Choir and from what I have seen of them on tv it is full of quare things.

I'm a stickler for rule 1 myself, so...

http://www.bcgc.biz/meet-the-choir/

I would shag at least 35 of those hens, maybe 40 if they would let me, but nit all St one, just a couple at a time, test said, not a one if them would let me. :'(
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

seafoid

MoChara

Quote from: laoislad on April 13, 2016, 12:20:48 PM
Orior

Rule 1.

Admittedly not had a lot of exposure to Choirs or the goings on but are you alluding that they are actually an underground fight club which he shouldn't be speaking about?

Shamrock Shore

No - MoChara. In this case Rule 1 means Laoislad wants to see a picture of the wimmin of the choir for some sick fantasy he has for auld wans  ;)

MoChara

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on April 13, 2016, 03:46:00 PM
No - MoChara. In this case Rule 1 means Laoislad wants to see a picture of the wimmin of the choir for some sick fantasy he has for auld wans  ;)
Disgusting Individual  :P

theskull1

Is it just singing or do bells get rung as well?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera