London v Mayo 29th May

Started by Mayo Club 51, April 05, 2016, 11:23:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you going to London v Mayo in Ruislip 29th May?

Travelling from Mayo & Have a match ticket
7 (23.3%)
Travelling from Mayo & Don't have a match ticket
11 (36.7%)
Travelling from England & Have a match ticket
4 (13.3%)
Travelling from England & Don't have a match ticket
8 (26.7%)

Total Members Voted: 30

moysider

Diarmuid wouldn t be one either unfortunately.

Cillian has been dogged by injury. I'm pretty confident if he gets a good run injury free now he can ram the doubters dissing of him down their throats.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: INDIANA on May 08, 2016, 08:12:38 PM
Quote from: muppet on May 08, 2016, 07:45:45 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on May 08, 2016, 07:31:42 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on May 07, 2016, 11:04:28 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on May 07, 2016, 01:26:13 PM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on May 07, 2016, 01:07:36 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on May 07, 2016, 12:53:39 PM
Cillian named captain. Has potential to be captain for good few years.
great man to engineer a free

Not half as great as James O'Donoghue!
Kinda agree with you there. COC is as good as if not better than O'Donoghue in many ways but his lack of pace holds him back. I can't recall him going on a solo run or rounding his man and taking off. Diarmuid on the other hand is fairly nippy and if injuries don't get in the way, he'll light up the summer for us. Man with the most potential on the team.

He's not better then Jamsie in any way I'm afraid. He's an excellent free-taker who has an excellent right foot from play. But the absence of pace and a left foot means he's markable.

Is there way Diarmuid can be converted to an inside forward? In the modern game you'd be lucky to score 0-2 a game on a good wing back playing at 10 or 12. It's inside forwards you need and with Rochford's bizarre decision to drop some of the better ones it's hard to see where the scores will come from. But Diarmuid is a different level to his brother as I pointed out 15 months ago.

You think Cillian doesn't have a left foot?

Not in the mould of the top forwards I'm afraid. If Mayo had one top class inside forward they could win Sam. Unfortunately they haven't got one.
I'm inclined to believe that we have two,namely, Diarmuid O'Connor and Evan Regan, although I think Diarmuid would be better employed as a winger.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

rosnarun

i would not consider Diarmuid  an inside forward at all. hes as good a half forward as is in the country at the minute . as is cillian in the full forward line. diarmuid is just not greddy enough for scores . for a top class inside forward a pass is the last option.
despite a huge improvement in the latter stages of the league regan is still in the proving himself stage. but signs are good
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Mayo Club 51

INDIANA

Quote from: moysider on May 08, 2016, 10:48:43 PM

Cillian has been dogged by injury. I'm pretty confident if he gets a good run injury free now he can ram the doubters dissing of him down their throats.

I wouldn't get so defensive over it. Very few forwards are blessed with the equilibrium of talent of a Mc Manus, Brogan, Connolly or Murphy. If one of them had been born in Mayo - the wait would be long over.
Ciaran Mc Donald was born in the wrong era unfortunately

Rossfan

So only 3,000 can get in before the game is played ( no Rhubarbs?) but any amount can turn up to the "after match party".
I presume the oul planning permission application brought the attention of the public event health/safety people to the goings on in Ruislip.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

From the Bunker

Quote from: INDIANA on May 09, 2016, 11:27:22 PM

I wouldn't get so defensive over it. Very few forwards are blessed with the equilibrium of talent of a Mc Manus, Brogan, Connolly or Murphy. If one of them had been born in Mayo - the wait would be long over.

James Horan was born in the wrong era in regards Ciarán!

moysider

Quote from: INDIANA on May 09, 2016, 11:27:22 PM

Maybe. Mayo haven't a great history of getting the best out of their better forwards - and I'd include Ciaran McDonald in that. Kevin O Neill reappeared in 06 after being dismissed for the guts of a decade. Mikey Conroy scored 1-1 as a sub in 2004 and didn t reappear again until 2012 after being reluctant to do so because of earlier experiences with Mayo management. By then he was a bit off the pace and injury prone and we never really saw him at his best. Evan Regan was dismissed before his injuries when he was arguably playing better football than he is now.
So we'll see how it goes now. I don t think many Mayo fans are disappointed with those let go. In fairness to management lads were told they had time to get up to speed. Conroy in fairness couldn't get back because he is racked with injury. Shane McHale the same for the present anyway but young enough to get sorted. No point stringing fellas along in a panel if they realistically can t be played later for one reason or another. Andy Moran and Alan Dillon in the end-game of their careers but probably a better bet for an impact role than lads that have been let go.
By the way, I'm not defensive at all about COC or anybody else. When a player plays he is judged, even though he may be held back with a chronic injury. O Connor has been playing without being able to train properly and I'm confident that he will be a different proposition if he gets an injury free run at it.

maigheo

I see Brian Reape has been called up to the Mayo squad.Proably not going to make an impact this year but could be one for the future? Fergal Boland is a player that has impressed  me this year and I could see him making a Mayo team in a few years.Always seems to do the right thing and can score from distance.Would need a year or two of S and C training  before making the step up .Never played minor for Mayo so this is his first year of playing top level football so I see great potential there.

macdanger2

Anyone know what the full squad is now missing one in the list below I think

Hennelly
Clarke

Caff
Harrison
Higgins
O'Hora
Keane
Barrett
Nally
Crowe
Keegan
Boyle
Coen
Hall
Vaughan

Parsons
SOS
Gibbons
AOS
Moran

COS
DOC
COC
Doc
Regan
Moran
Dillon
Loftus
Freeman
McLoughlin
Carolan

macdanger2

Actually, Durcan is missing from that list, would that make it the correct 32?

moysider

O Hora gone earlier I believe.

moysider

Quote from: maigheo on May 10, 2016, 02:37:44 AM
I see Brian Reape has been called up to the Mayo squad.Proably not going to make an impact this year but could be one for the future? Fergal Boland is a player that has impressed  me this year and I could see him making a Mayo team in a few years.Always seems to do the right thing and can score from distance.Would need a year or two of S and C training  before making the step up .Never played minor for Mayo so this is his first year of playing top level football so I see great potential there.

Boland opted out of minors because of LC.
This year as well a quality minor has opted out for same reason.

Farrandeelin

I hope Freeman has a good year. He's due one again at this stage.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

moysider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 10, 2016, 11:08:05 PM
I hope Freeman has a good year. He's due one again at this stage.

T'would be nice. I believe he has it in him.