National Games Development Centre

Started by GlenMan, April 04, 2016, 04:33:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stad

Quote from: Hound on April 07, 2016, 03:06:18 PM
Gotta love the whinging.

Suck it up crybabies.

Are the same people complaining about Kilkenny's utter dominance in hurling?

What about Kerry winning 4 in a rows?

Dublin being good means Meath and Kildare have the excuse to be pants?
No excuse for Meath and Kildare to fall so far behind Mayo, Donegal, Tyrone. Sorry for bringing Meath into, as I know they are far more annoyed with themselves than the Dubs. But the flourbag whingebags are a laughing stock.

Was it money that produced Diarmuid Connolly and Paul Flynn? That makes them work their absolute boll*x off every game, that makes them catch high balls and kick monster points? Two of the best half forwards ever, that happened to come along at the same time, and instead of praising them people want to put them down because there is money being pumped into grassroots level?
Money produced Stephen Cluxton, the greatest keeper of all time, who has changed the way the position looked at? Seriously, do people actually think that money has even the slightest thing to do with that?

Dublin happen to have the greatest bunch of players they've ever had. Success also breeds success so we are building on it. But the really great players haven't got long left, and at underage we're not dominating in any similar way. Players coming through over the next few years will certainly be no better than Kildare's.

We won't be the best team for too much longer, so sit back and enjoy it while it lasts. Though I guarantee if/when Mayo, Kerry, Donegal, Tyrone play us in championship this year, all of them will feel they can beat us.

And Leinster will turnaround also, though I do dread it. When Meath get to 80% as good as us, they'll probably take us. When Kildare get to 120% as good as us, they might even take us too.

Dublin 1-8 Tyrone 3-14.
Cluxton and Connolly started this game.

Dublin 1-7 Kerry 1-24
Cluxton, Connolly and Flynn started this game.

Strange that the greatest players of all time were part of the Dublin team that were getting absolute hammerings in the late naughties. Do you think the improvement in results after this had anything to do with the conveyor belt of talent that was paid for by all of us? Or do you deny the obvious? O'Sullivan, O'Carroll, Fitzsimons, McCarthy..... the list goes on and on. Also Flynn was basically a full time athlete for a number of years.

Are you somehow trying to claim that enormous amounts of money has no effect on the success of a team? That's like claiming black is white, it's ridiculous. Now stop having a pop at other counties and face facts, there'd be no All Ireland's for Dublin without the money and the unfair advantages handed to Dublin are ruining Gaelic football.

JoG2

Quote from: Hound on April 07, 2016, 03:06:18 PM
Gotta love the whinging.

Suck it up crybabies.

Are the same people complaining about Kilkenny's utter dominance in hurling?

What about Kerry winning 4 in a rows?

Dublin being good means Meath and Kildare have the excuse to be pants?
No excuse for Meath and Kildare to fall so far behind Mayo, Donegal, Tyrone. Sorry for bringing Meath into, as I know they are far more annoyed with themselves than the Dubs. But the flourbag whingebags are a laughing stock.

Was it money that produced Diarmuid Connolly and Paul Flynn? That makes them work their absolute boll*x off every game, that makes them catch high balls and kick monster points? Two of the best half forwards ever, that happened to come along at the same time, and instead of praising them people want to put them down because there is money being pumped into grassroots level?
Money produced Stephen Cluxton, the greatest keeper of all time, who has changed the way the position looked at? Seriously, do people actually think that money has even the slightest thing to do with that?

Dublin happen to have the greatest bunch of players they've ever had. Success also breeds success so we are building on it. But the really great players haven't got long left, and at underage we're not dominating in any similar way. Players coming through over the next few years will certainly be no better than Kildare's.

We won't be the best team for too much longer, so sit back and enjoy it while it lasts. Though I guarantee if/when Mayo, Kerry, Donegal, Tyrone play us in championship this year, all of them will feel they can beat us.

And Leinster will turnaround also, though I do dread it. When Meath get to 80% as good as us, they'll probably take us. When Kildare get to 120% as good as us, they might even take us too.

I'd call it concern Hound

Stad

Here's what Dublin have won since 2009:

Senior
Football
All Ireland Senior Football Champions: 2011, 2013, 2015
Leinster Senior Football Champions: 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
National Football League Champions: 2013, 2014, 2015

Hurling
Leinster Senior Hurling Champions: 2013
National Hurling League Titles: 2011

U21
Football
All Ireland u21 Football Champions: 2010, 2012, 2014
Leinster u21 Football Champions: 2009, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015

Hurling
Leinster u21 Hurling Champions: 2010, 2011

Minor
Football
All Ireland Minor Football Champions: 2012
Leinster Minor Football Champions: 2009, 2011, 2012, 2014

Hurling
Leinster Minor Hurling Champions: 2011, 2012

Stad

In 7 years that 31 titles by my count!!!

Here's what they won in the 7 years between 2002 and 2009:

Senior
Football
Leinster Senior Football Champions: 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

U21
Football
All Ireland u21 Football Champions: 2003
Leinster u21 Football Champions: 2002, 2003, 2005

Minor
Football
Leinster Minor Football Champions: 2003

That's 10! But of course money had nothing to do with the huge increase!!! :D

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: Stad on April 07, 2016, 04:33:45 PM

Senior
Football

U21
Football

Minor
Football

Are you from Laois by any chance?
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

From the Bunker

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on April 07, 2016, 05:59:24 PM
Quote from: Stad on April 07, 2016, 04:33:45 PM

Senior
Football

U21
Football

Minor
Football

Are you from Laois by any chance?

What does it matter where he is from? Is he wrong? And explain your reply!

manfromdelmonte

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/dubs-to-fund-abbotstown-gym-34609400.html

Dublin County Board is providing the funding to equip the new state-of-the-art gymnasium at the GAA's National Games Development Centre in Abbotstown.

Tubberman

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on April 08, 2016, 08:07:52 AM
http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/dubs-to-fund-abbotstown-gym-34609400.html

Dublin County Board is providing the funding to equip the new state-of-the-art gymnasium at the GAA's National Games Development Centre in Abbotstown.

Very altruistic of them!
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Jinxy

It's a bit like someone who's been given a Ferrari saying, "I didn't get it for nothing, I had to pay for the wipers out of my own pocket."
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Dinny Breen

Heard Dublin are going to call it this..
#newbridgeornowhere

From the Bunker

It's got very quiet in here. None of our Dublin posters defending their Cash Cow! They are probably hoping that this topic drifts to the bottom of the page and then onto the next page and then is forgotten about until the next big handout!

tonto1888

Quote from: Stad on April 07, 2016, 09:14:42 AM
Quote from: INDIANA on April 06, 2016, 07:48:06 PM
Quote from: Stad on April 06, 2016, 05:12:40 PM
I think even some of the Dubs are questioning it at this stage. What's the point in winning things if you haven't earned it? I wonder do supporters of teams in other sports question the validity of things they won? Like the soccer clubs with billionaires backing them or rugby teams with similar financial backing. I suppose the opportunity for other teams to do similar is possible in those sports but not in the GAA world. In fact, is there any example of another team that gets bankrolled by the actual governing body of a sport like we see with Dublin? It's crazy when you think about it.

We've earned all out titles. 

We bankroll a lot of Clubhouses and pitches as well

None of you complain about that.

Other counties simply took their eye off the ball

You've bought your titles.

The clubhouses could have been paid for with the millions given to Dublin GAA.

Other counties are still amateur while Dublin are professional.

I didn't realise the Dublin players all jacked in their dayjobs and make their living from playing GAA

INDIANA

I think even some of the Dubs are questioning it at this stage. What's the point in winning things if you haven't earned it? I wonder do supporters of teams in other sports question the validity of things they won? Like the soccer clubs with billionaires backing them or rugby teams with similar financial backing. I suppose the opportunity for other teams to do similar is possible in those sports but not in the GAA world. In fact, is there any example of another team that gets bankrolled by the actual governing body of a sport like we see with Dublin? It's crazy when you think about it.

We won through hard work. You should try it an odd time. You might achieve something

We're not apologising for being the best

Even when Kildare have a 50% percent better u21 team they still can't beat us.

What can we do to get better is the question we ask ourselves.

Other counties just ask how much can we whinge.

From the Bunker

Quote from: INDIANA on April 08, 2016, 08:22:18 PM

We won through hard work. You should try it an odd time. You might achieve something

We're not apologising for being the best

Even when Kildare have a 50% percent better u21 team they still can't beat us.

What can we do to get better is the question we ask ourselves.

Other counties just ask how much can we whinge.

A couple of Million since you ask how much!

Hey, of course Dublin GAA works hard. There is no doubt about that. You can't get to where you are without work. They have a above decent team (and getting better each year). They have huge advantages, in that all because of economics all their players are based in the Capital. Work is made a available to suit their lifestyle, PR representatives, Work schemes, College, and all of this local. They travel little or nothing from April to September for games, in fact they don't travel at all. All home games in the familiar surrounding of Croke Park. Their own Dressing room, their own warm up area and all getting to sleep in their own beds the night before the game. There is no worry of support. Dublin supporters can get up in the afternoon get the dart, bus, luas to the game. So the cost factor in time and money is little. This means bigger support.

Now we come down to the support network. The backroom team. This is where things can get crazy! Individual Caterers, different coaches, drivers, Medics, Solicitors, Video analysists etc. Some that are hands on for most of the year, some who pop in and out as they are needed. All (you'd expect) are very good at what they do and all (you'd expect) cost a lot of money for their expertise. Many of the chasing bunch will have same amount (if lucky) of backroom experts and support, but on a smaller cost (and often lesser expertise).

On the development level. Huge grants far out weigh anything going to any other counties. Biggest amount of full time coaches. This leads to proper development of young players.

Sponsorship is a bottomless pit of tenders. County Sponsors, Team Sponsors, Training Sponsors! Money is not an object and there is a queue to be associated with the Dublin GAA brand.

It's so in your face that most GAA fans don't see this. Dublin fans talk about having their house in order and having no debt, but this is easy when you have a constant wind fall each year and have no costs/debts in maintaining your home ground (Croker) and the infrastructure around you.

Dublin at the moment look like winning the next 5 Leinsters. That will be Crossmaglen dominance of Leinster. Mayo and Donegal will evolve back to mediocrity and lower team budgets (as their counties will not be able to justify the cost). Kerry might knock a dent here and there.

How do fix this? Is it something that needs fixing?

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

The next 5 Leinsters is being optimistic, I can't see anyone challenging in the next 10. Only Kildare have been competitive at underage level and there isn't a hope of that transferring to senior level with the gap in resources. Cian O'Neill would need to be the greatest manager in the history of the GAA to manage Kildare to win a Leinster.