Monaghan v Kerry, Clones, 27mar, 3pm

Started by gwan-ye-boy-ya, March 21, 2016, 10:17:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gwan-ye-boy-ya

Right lads. can we bate them again? At home and all to play for.

GrandMasterFlash

They have a few big names returning to the fray, we are not firing on all cylinders, they are Kerry..

Absolutely we can!  :)

Main Street

Sheehan,  Maher and  O'Donoghue are out,
everybody else is in for Kerry

Captain Obvious

Monaghan beat Kerry in Kerry last year no reason why Monaghan aren't capable of beating Kerry in Clones.

GrandMasterFlash

I'd like to see the likes of Kieran Hughes and Vinny Corey in the frame for this one. They add much needed strength and aerial ability to the spine of the team. I'm all for the new lads and think it's great that they're being given ample time; but it's that time of year where you'd like to see the more experienced team on show. This is generally how the likes of Kerry do it..

gwan-ye-boy-ya

1   Rory Beggan   
2   Colin Walshe   
3   Drew Wylie   
4   Ryan Wylie   
5   Dessie Mone   
6   Fintan Kelly
7   Karl O'Connell   
8   Neil Mc Adam   
9   Darren Hughes
10   Shane Carey   
11   Dermot Malone   
12   Thomas Kerr
13   Ryan McAnespie   
14   Daniel Mc Kenna   
15   Conor McManus   

Team for sunday. K Hughes still injured ?

GrandMasterFlash

Kerry (SF v Monaghan) - B Kelly; M O Se, M Griffin, S Enright; P Crowley, A O'Mahony, F Fitzgerald; K Donaghy, D Moran; J Buckley, P Murphy, D Walsh; D O'Sullivan, C Cooper, S O'Brien.
Monaghan (v Kerry) - R Beggan; C Walshe, D Wylie, R Wylie; D Mone, F Kelly, K O'Connell; N McAdam, D Hughes; S Carey, D Malone, T Kerr; R McAnespie, D McKenna, C McManus.

K Hughes must still not be 100%, unless he's a late change..  :o

Short kickouts from Rory me thinks with Donaghy & Moran in MF; I'd love to see the Hughes bros against them actually..

AZOffaly

I think it's indicative of a bit of a problem for Kerry that Darren O'Sullivan is playing all the time, Donnacha Walsh is still a nailed on starter and Paul Murphy, one of their better backs, is being deployed at centre forward. I know James O'Donoghue is out, but that Kerry forward line wouldn't frighten you too much.

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 25, 2016, 10:52:41 AM
I think it's indicative of a bit of a problem for Kerry that Darren O'Sullivan is playing all the time, Donnacha Walsh is still a nailed on starter and Paul Murphy, one of their better backs, is being deployed at centre forward. I know James O'Donoghue is out, but that Kerry forward line wouldn't frighten you too much.

Our full back line is our best line. It's MF I'm worried about and the alternative scoring options should McManus be double-teamed, which I suspect he will.

Nudie tells it like it is: http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/football/hughes-too-much-is-being-expected-of-mcmanus-389362.html

From the Bunker

They would not frighten you on paper, but on the pitch the story is different!

twohands!!!

I think Darren O'Sullivan is injury free for the first time in a few years and seems to be in flying form in the league from what I have seen and read of Kerry. A Kerryman I was talking to was tipping him to be in consideration for an All-Star if he keeps up his league form and stays injury free - said he has been Kerry's best/most consistent player in the league. Walsh seems to be a bit of a slow starter in terms of the league but the amount of ground he covers in a game is frigthening. The Paul Murphy thing definitely is a bit weird - he was supposedly lining out there for his club for a bit, but I think having him in the forwards might be some sort of tactical shenanigans. One lad who seems a bit limited in the Kerry forwards is Stephen O'Brien - doesn't seem the best at winning ball and anytime he does it's very much his go-to move is to take a direct route to goal with his pace - poor defenders will foul him/let him by but a decent defender can really shut him out of a game. Paul Geaney is only back in action and I regard him as a far superior option.
Also Kerry have been missing a fair few lads up until this game - of all the things I'd be doing I wouldn't be writing off Kerry's attack just yet.

1. Brian Kelly Killarney Legion
2. Marc Ó Sé An Ghaeltacht
3. Mark Griffin St Michaels/Foilmore
4. Shane Enright Tarbert
5. Peter Crowley Laune Rangers
6. Aidan O'Mahony Rathmore
7. Fionn Fitzgerald Dr Crokes
8. Kieran Donaghy Austin Stacks
9. David Moran Kerins O'Rahillys
10. Johnny Buckley Dr Crokes
11. Paul Murphy Rathmore
12. Donnchadh Walsh Cromane
13. Darran O'Sullivan Glenbeigh-Glencar
14. Colm Cooper Dr Crokes
15. Stephen O'Brien Kenmare
Fir Ionaid:
16. Brendan Kealy Kilcummin
17. Killian Young Renard
18. Alan Fitzgerald Castlegregory
19. Barry John Keane Kerins O'Rahillys
20. Padraig O'Connor Killarney Legion
21. Brendan O'Sullivan Valentia
22. Denis Daly St Marys
23. Pa Kilkenny Glenbeigh/Glencar
24. Jonathan Lyne Killarney Legion
25. Paul Geaney Dingle
26. Aidan Walsh St Marys

A lot of the lads on the subs bench are fairly unknown to me but they still have Maher, Sheehan, O'Donoghue, Tommy Walsh plus U21 options to come into the reckoning.

Main Street

TG4   deferred coverage "....agus craoladh iarbheo ar Mhuineacháin v Ciarraí as Páirc Naomh Tighearnach, Cluain Eois"

I suppose that's down to all the Monaghan gaelgoers.

straightred

Quote from: gwan-ye-boy-ya on March 24, 2016, 09:57:33 PM
1   Rory Beggan   
2   Colin Walshe   
3   Drew Wylie   
4   Ryan Wylie   
5   Dessie Mone   
6   Fintan Kelly
7   Karl O'Connell   
8   Neil Mc Adam   
9   Darren Hughes
10   Shane Carey   
11   Dermot Malone   
12   Thomas Kerr
13   Ryan McAnespie   
14   Daniel Mc Kenna   
15   Conor McManus   

Team for sunday. K Hughes still injured ?

McCarthy held back for the u21 game v armagh ?

timmyot501

Mcanespie not held back for u21s??. There may be changed before the throw in though