Bravest footballer

Started by Jinxy, April 30, 2007, 02:51:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crossban

Toal, McGeeney and Bellew in that order in armagh

full back

Quote from: realredhandfan on May 01, 2007, 02:16:55 PM
In Tyrone football,  Gormley and Dooher have been the bravest over the last 10 years. 

Difficult to add him because he dives so much and goes to ground too easily. Dont get me wrong he is strong in the tackle & brave winning break ball etc, but the fact that he drops like a fly if tackled when on the ball goes against him IMHO

Six Inch Nail

Quote from: full back on May 01, 2007, 02:26:26 PM
Quote from: realredhandfan on May 01, 2007, 02:16:55 PM
In Tyrone football,  Gormley and Dooher have been the bravest over the last 10 years. 

Difficult to add him because he dives so much and goes to ground too easily. Dont get me wrong he is strong in the tackle & brave winning break ball etc, but the fact that he drops like a fly if tackled when on the ball goes against him IMHO

Ditto with Dooher!

Brian Roper for me is a hardy wee bastard.  As someone else said a big man should be in there anyway, a small man who goes in with the animals is brave!
Silverbridge Harps GAC, Co. Armagh

realredhandfan

Without a shadow of a doubt Dooher is the bravest footballer mentioned on this thread so far anyway.  And also the most important being a double all ireland winner.  Probably the bravest and most important so far then.. Any new ones?

6th sam

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on May 01, 2007, 12:10:26 PM

There you go then... knowledge inadequecies on your part is the problem. Toal is the bravest, hardiest fcuker i'e ever seen in an armagh jersey. if e're talking about dirty ropey ball bouncing around amongst the boots then toal will come up with it.

Im confused, enlighten me as to where my lack of knowledge is. Your basically basing that on your opinion of Toal, im wrong because in your opinion "Toal is the bravest, hardiest fcuker i'e ever seen in an armagh jersey. if e're talking about dirty ropey ball bouncing around amongst the boots then toal will come up with it"

As a Down man,Brick ,I have to disagree ,Toal is a brave man-especially with a bottle of water in his hand ,and a luminous "uisce" bib on his back!

Seriously,my vote goes to Wee James,and also Peter Canavan---too lads small in stature but unsurpassed in terms of bravery!

downredblack

Yeah  Peter was a hardy wee fcuker , remember him swinging at thon big Aussie a few years back at croke park .

sureyouwill

Quote from: downredblack on May 01, 2007, 02:58:47 PM
Yeah  Peter was a hardy wee fcuker , remember him swinging at thon big Aussie a few years back at croke park .

Hardy doesn't equate to brave, either does persistent diving.

realredhandfan

Canavan was up there with the very best but theres so many Armagh ones on here, ye darent say too much.. hurts their feelings.  Wee james got stuck in too.  Tony scullion, and Liam harnan - true hard bastards of Gaelic Football.   
On another note In the bar last night an anti Armagh question was asked.  If Football began in 1999 when will it actually end?

full back

Quote from: realredhandfan on May 01, 2007, 03:07:22 PM
 On another note In the bar last night an anti Armagh question was asked.  If Football began in 1999 when will it actually end?

September 2002 :D

Jinxy

Quote from: downredblack on May 01, 2007, 02:58:47 PM

Thon aussie wasn't big at all. Just ignorant.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

cavan4ever

Quote from: realredhandfan on May 01, 2007, 02:52:50 PM
Without a shadow of a doubt Dooher is the bravest footballer mentioned on this thread so far anyway.  And also the most important being a double all ireland winner.  Probably the bravest and most important so far then.. Any new ones?

He's that brave he'd even hit ya in the balls.

realredhandfan

Aye Nicholas wash and his dirty fingernails are as brave as they come.

Jinxy

He's a hard man to keep down alright. <insert Martin O'Connell reference here> ;)
If you were any use you'd be playing.

cavan4ever

Quote from: realredhandfan on May 01, 2007, 04:05:10 PM
Aye Nicholas wash and his dirty fingernails are as brave as they come.

i didn't see anyone called Walsh brave here, id call him a dirty fecker.

blanketattack

Páide Ó Sé mightn't have been that big but was very tough and brave. Going by your criteria for importance, seeing that Páide was an 8 times All-Ireland winner that makes him 4 times as important as Dooher.