Dublin v Donegal, Croke Park 26/3/2016 7pm

Started by Beffs, March 15, 2016, 11:55:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UpMeeyo

As a neutral watching that reply, at first i thought nothing of it, but its that point where McCarthy stops leading with his index finger and changes to his thumb that shows intention to me. In that last second he knew what he was doing.

Main Street

Quote from: Syferus on March 26, 2016, 10:43:44 PM
Quote from: Hound on March 26, 2016, 10:41:54 PM
Clearly wasn't an eye gouge. The complete non-reaction of the Donegal player tells you that. Anyone who has been actually eye gouged can tell you all about it.

In any event MCCarthy got booked for the incident. So end of story

It better not be.
Who knows, maybe Hound can read the ref's mind  and speak with authority about what the ref was thinking ;D

On it's own pushing the face backwards is a yellow card offense,
therefore we can cast doubt on the merits of  lHound's  psychic spoofs.

Main Street

Quote from: J70 on March 27, 2016, 12:47:06 AM
Quote from: ballinaman on March 26, 2016, 09:13:28 PM
Doesn't look hectic for McCarthy...

http://youtu.be/PXSpBsBMIgY

I think on that viewing that it would be difficult to prove that was a deliberate eye gouge.
I don't get it why intent has to be established. The action should  just have to be deemed reckless.
What is in his defense is that he did not inflict an injury therefore imo it's just a
Catagory 3  red card
5.17  To behave in any way which is dangerous to an opponent.
one match suspension

But McCarthy behaved in such a reckless way, that without altering much, could have done serious damage.
Quick action from the Donegal player prevented any damage being inflicted.

Jinxy

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on March 27, 2016, 02:32:57 AM
Do the same people who believed Neil McGee was deliberately trying to break the Kerry player's fingers now argue that McCarthy was trying to make one of the Donegal players go blind in one eye?

He was trying to break his eye.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

straightred

Doesnt look good for him. Was at the game so didn't know what the scuffle was about - thought it was a reaction to Murphy sliding in late (maybe it was). He should know better than to have his hands near his eyes. Dublin can do without losing another speedy half back.

Jinxy

No good reason to have your hand near any man's face unless you're giving him a box.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

INDIANA

Quote from: Main Street on March 27, 2016, 11:26:42 AM
Clearly wasn't an eye gouge. The complete non-reaction of the Donegal player tells you that. Anyone who has been actually eye gouged can tell you all about it.

It better not be.
Who knows, maybe Hound can read the ref's mind  and speak with authority about what the ref was thinking ;D

As said previously your infatuation with Dublin GAA is quite something. He pushed his glove into the man's face. He certainly didn't gouge anyone

I'd also remind you you're questioning a player with an impeccable disciplinary record. He is not Philly Mc Mahon or anything like him

BluestackBoy

Quote from: INDIANA on March 27, 2016, 04:58:30 PM
Quote from: Main Street on March 27, 2016, 11:26:42 AM

It better not be.

As said previously your infatuation with Dublin GAA is quite something. He pushed his glove into the man's face. He certainly didn't gouge anyone

I'd also remind you you're questioning a player with an impeccable disciplinary record. He is not Philly Mc Mahon or anything like him

And there was me thinking Philly was a saint ;D ;D ;D
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

SouthDublinBro

Quote from: Stad on March 26, 2016, 11:47:08 PM
In fairness I don't think any style will win the All Ireland anymore. Amateurs competing against professionals will never work. Dublin should win every year, how can they not?

You and all of the other bitter naysayers make it seem like every Dublin player is earning a weekly wage for playing football. There is nothing stopping any other county from having as professional a background set up as Dublin.

BluestackBoy

Quote from: SouthDublinBro on March 27, 2016, 06:28:11 PM
Quote from: Stad on March 26, 2016, 11:47:08 PM
In fairness I don't think any style will win the All Ireland anymore. Amateurs competing against professionals will never work. Dublin should win every year, how can they not?

You and all of the other bitter naysayers make it seem like every Dublin player is earning a weekly wage for playing football. There is nothing stopping any other county from having as professional a background set up as Dublin.

Except money maybe :'( :'( :'(
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

dublin7

If James McCarthy had gouged the  Donegal player you can be sure the player would have reacted straight away. No gouge and no reaction from Donegal player but that is irrelevant to the f*ckwits on this MB who want to have a go at the dubs. The bitterness is very strong, especially from our northern posters. What was the real talking point from the weekend was the ridiculous all out defence tactics from Donegal. Teams have copped on to the 15 men behind the ball game plan Donegal inflict on every one else. This defensive approach won't work anymore. God forbid Donegal might actually approach a game with the plan to score more than the opposition rather than try to grind out victories by 4 points to 3.

J70

Quote from: dublin7 on March 27, 2016, 11:42:47 PM
If James McCarthy had gouged the  Donegal player you can be sure the player would have reacted straight away. No gouge and no reaction from Donegal player but that is irrelevant to the f*ckwits on this MB who want to have a go at the dubs. The bitterness is very strong, especially from our northern posters. What was the real talking point from the weekend was the ridiculous all out defence tactics from Donegal. Teams have copped on to the 15 men behind the ball game plan Donegal inflict on every one else. This defensive approach won't work anymore. God forbid Donegal might actually approach a game with the plan to score more than the opposition rather than try to grind out victories by 4 points to 3.

Dublin have scored ONE more point than Donegal in their six respective league games to date. Including goals, both teams are averaging 16 points per game.

Both Dublin and Kerry have better defensive records than Donegal so far.

The fact is that Donegal had not been playing that defensively before yesterday. They simply felt they'd a better chance approaching this particular game like Tyrone and Derry did last year. Plus, scoring differentials may turn out to be important in this league.

Besides, the past few games between Donegal and Dublin have been very open, including league games and AI semi.

rrhf

Shameful behaviour by Dublin no 5. My first reaction would be that a boy prepared to do that has no place in our games.