Dublin v Donegal, Croke Park 26/3/2016 7pm

Started by Beffs, March 15, 2016, 11:55:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

INDIANA

Quote from: Cunny Funt on March 26, 2016, 09:06:54 PM
Quote from: Zulu on March 26, 2016, 09:00:41 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on March 26, 2016, 08:56:03 PM
Dublin numbers back = great defending
Donegal numbers back = blanket defence the death of football.

A poor game where the Dubs put a gloss on the winning margin with a late goal on the break. Donegal might be thinking what might have been if Murphy didn't get sent off so early but the best team on the night won or be it a two or three point win would have been a fair reflection for the 70 minutes played.

Will you stop for the love of God. Donegal running back to get everyone inside their own half while Dublin weren't doing that at all.

If only god gave you a better pair of eyes. The Dublin numbers back is even more noticeable when you watch these games live in Croke park! And the dubs haven't conceded low scores this year by chance.

We score more then everybody else too- you left that bit out

Zulu

I'm not saying Dublin's forwards or midfielders never went into their own half but they had at least 3 forwards up front for a lot of the game, unlike Donegal's 0. They also didn't have their forwards turn and run back to their 45 and beyond as soon as a kickout was taken. You're surely not equating the two teams tactics?

How did the Dublin goal come about?

ballinaman

Main Street

Quote from: ballinaman on March 26, 2016, 09:13:28 PM
Doesn't look hectic for McCarthy...

http://youtu.be/PXSpBsBMIgY
The evidence is superficially damning. The thumb just happens to find it's way into the eye and  some magnetic force caused  it to press into the eye socket.
::)

INDIANA

Quote from: Main Street on March 26, 2016, 09:18:52 PM

The evidence is superficially damning. The thumb just happens to find it's way into the eye and  some magnetic force caused  it to press into the eye socket.

He'll be back for the all -ireland semis. I'll let you know the result if you don't get to watch it on TV. You won't need tickets for it anyway

J70

Quote from: Main Street on March 26, 2016, 09:01:23 PM
Quote from: J70 on March 26, 2016, 08:53:44 PM
Didn't see any of it, but sounds like I didn't miss much. Not surprised we went defensive though after the Roscommon game.

As for All Irelands, no one in Donegal is talking about that. We'll be thrilled with an Ulster title.

RTE reckon McCarthy could be in bother for alleged eye gouging.
It isn't alleged eye gouging , it's a fact,  the video evidence is damning  but if there is such a thing it was not a serious gouge,  more of a handbags gouge.

I used "alleged" because I didn't see it myself and was reporting what RTE said.

Syferus

Quote from: INDIANA on March 26, 2016, 09:12:09 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on March 26, 2016, 09:06:54 PM
Quote from: Zulu on March 26, 2016, 09:00:41 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on March 26, 2016, 08:56:03 PM
Dublin numbers back = great defending
Donegal numbers back = blanket defence the death of football.

A poor game where the Dubs put a gloss on the winning margin with a late goal on the break. Donegal might be thinking what might have been if Murphy didn't get sent off so early but the best team on the night won or be it a two or three point win would have been a fair reflection for the 70 minutes played.

Will you stop for the love of God. Donegal running back to get everyone inside their own half while Dublin weren't doing that at all.

If only god gave you a better pair of eyes. The Dublin numbers back is even more noticeable when you watch these games live in Croke park! And the dubs haven't conceded low scores this year by chance.

We score more then everybody else too- you left that bit out

Actually Roscommon still have scored more than you and we've played a game less.

Blowitupref

Quote from: Zulu on March 26, 2016, 09:12:52 PM
Where a massive hole was found in the blanket  :P
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

J70

Quote from: INDIANA on March 26, 2016, 09:20:44 PM
Quote from: Main Street on March 26, 2016, 09:18:52 PM

He'll be back for the all -ireland semis. I'll let you know the result if you don't get to watch it on TV. You won't need tickets for it anyway

Are you 12?

Hound

Didn't see any of it, but sounds like I didn't miss much. Not surprised we went defensive though after the Roscommon game.

As for All Irelands, no one in Donegal is talking about that. We'll be thrilled with an Ulster title.

If you'd seen the match I imagine your number 1 feeling would have been frustration. Management seem to have a complete lack of faith in the ability of your footballers

Both James Horan and Aaron Kernan said it was in no way a deliberate eye gouge.

Stad

I think it's very unfair to criticise Donegal. They're an amateur team playing against professionals, what way are they supposed to play the game? They had to try to keep it tight. It worked in 2014 to the extreme embarrassment of everyone in Dublin. The eye gouging by the Dublin player is disgusting. Not the first time one of their players has done this. They are also in the habit of biting opposition players.

Syferus

Quote from: Hound on March 26, 2016, 09:25:07 PM

If you'd seen the match I imagine your number 1 feeling would have been frustration. Management seem to have a complete lack of faith in the ability of your footballers

Both James Horan and Aaron Kernan said it was in no way a deliberate eye gouge.

Pretty clearly deliberate. Mad decision on his part.

Zulu

Quote from: Blowitupref on March 26, 2016, 09:23:05 PM
Quote from: Zulu on March 26, 2016, 09:12:52 PM
Where a massive hole was found in the blanket  :P

Having some Dublin jerseys in the Donegal half helped, to be fair!!

dublin7

Anti dubs bias on this MB is clear. Donegal player grabs McCarthy by the shirt and McCarthy tries to push him away. Only thing you can say against McCarthy is he shouldn't have pushed Donegal player in the face. It's depressing to think that all the MB posters from northern counties would rather make up a charge of eye gouging against a dublin player rather than have a go at the bulls**t all out defensive game plan Donegal employed tonight to lose by 6 points. 

IolarCoisCuain

I don't think it was a deliberate gouge either. There's plenty of stuff to get annoyed about on the discipline / rules side of the GAA without making stuff up or accusing men in the wrong.