[D1] Roscommon v Mayo - 27/03/16 [3:30pm, Dr. Hyde Park]

Started by Syferus, March 13, 2016, 06:27:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larryin89

I'm not sure where we are at and I don't think anyone else is TBH , although I'd be in the camp of its not lookin good . Have certain players targeted summer peak only because of the mileage they have clocked up these last five years , or is it just the obvious end of an era phase pundits like Tommy Carr are getting great pleasure in voicing ?

Next Sunday week will tell us more for sure ,i can see it being a real high intensity game for a league match for all the obvious reasons but it's very difficult to see how we are going to coma away with a victory unless there is a massive improvement .

I backed Roscommon today to win Connacht , I thought long and hard all week about it and I reached the conclusion it's a win win bet  . If it's a winner it will cheer me up a bit next July and if it's a loser I'll be the happiest man in Castlebar .(that's if we beat Galway though)
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Beffs

Quote from: Syferus on March 19, 2016, 09:15:13 PM
Kerry or Tyrone can have whatever opinions they want to. That Dublin team simply is the best team to come about since O'Dwyer's Kerry.

Kerry have been in 10 or 11 AI finals this millennium. They won 6 of them. Dublin have been in 3 and won 3. If they want to be considered the best team in decades, Dublin will have to put up much better numbers than those. They may very well be on the way to doing so, but they aren't there yet

Rossfan

Quote from: Syferus on March 19, 2016, 01:42:09 PM
The last time the Roscommon senior team played at the Hyde was March 29th 2015 when we played Galway in the second last round of the league. Crazy to think an entire year has passed since a county last played at its home ground.
Ah sure poor oul Dublin haven't played at home in Parnell Pk in years ::) ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Rossfan on March 20, 2016, 02:24:31 PM
The last time the Roscommon senior team played at the Hyde was March 29th 2015 when we played Galway in the second last round of the league. Crazy to think an entire year has passed since a county last played at its home ground.
Last time Roscommon played Dublin in.Parnell Park they won. Correct me if wrong

Rossfan

2002 when we were " the pin up boys of Gaelic football". ;D

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Syferus

Quote from: Farrandeelin on March 21, 2016, 12:15:28 AM
Maurice Deegan is reffing the game.

At least it's not Marty or the Larry.

Live on TG4 too. Jaysis for a team who can't play Saturday night games at home at all (so no chance of Setanta coverage) we're not doing too badly with the matches.

seafoid

Quote from: Rossfan on March 20, 2016, 07:22:15 PM
That team fizzled out, didn't it? I suppose 2001 was a sucker punch
there is a line in one of the Galway videos in Laochra Gael where someone I think it was Ja Fallon
says "there was no way Roscommon were going to beat us twice"

Syferus

Quote from: seafoid on March 21, 2016, 04:21:08 AM
there is a line in one of the Galway videos in Laochra Gael where someone I think it was Ja Fallon

They didn't even beat us once over 140 minutes in 1998. Galway lads have always been good at posturing.

seafoid

Quote from: Syferus on March 21, 2016, 05:01:37 AM

They didn't even beat us once over 140 minutes in 1998. Galway lads have always been good at posturing.
But even better at winning
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gS94zRxJfKc

Ros have to step up to the plate now 

seafoid

Quote from: larryin89 on March 19, 2016, 09:28:26 PM
I'm not sure where we are at and I don't think anyone else is TBH , although I'd be in the camp of its not lookin good . Have certain players targeted summer peak only because of the mileage they have clocked up these last five years , or is it just the obvious end of an era phase pundits like Tommy Carr are getting great pleasure in voicing ?

Next Sunday week will tell us more for sure ,i can see it being a real high intensity game for a league match for all the obvious reasons but it's very difficult to see how we are going to coma away with a victory unless there is a massive improvement .

I backed Roscommon today to win Connacht , I thought long and hard all week about it and I reached the conclusion it's a win win bet  . If it's a winner it will cheer me up a bit next July and if it's a loser I'll be the happiest man in Castlebar .(that's if we beat Galway though)
It's only the league, Larry. Mayo are very streetwise and have experience that nobody else in the province has. I think it is too early to write them off.

galwayman

You always have an answer for everything don't ya. A little dig at Mayo or Galway in every single thread. Tiresome. Get that chip off the shoulder there good lad

Syferus

Quote from: galwayman on March 21, 2016, 12:20:22 PM

You always have an answer for everything don't ya. A little dig at Mayo or Galway in every single thread. Tiresome. Get that chip off the shoulder there good lad

You'd want to read the sequence of what you quoted before you say I was the one taking a dig.

commonman

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on March 20, 2016, 06:14:24 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on March 20, 2016, 02:24:31 PM
Last time Roscommon played Dublin in.Parnell Park they won. Correct me if wrong

You are wrong I am afraid, the last time in Parnell Park was in April 2008 when an already relegated Roscommon were trounced by Dublin in NFL 2 game, think Paul Earley may have been the caretaker manager as it was after the abrupt departure of John Maughan the previous week and the now infamous customer comments.

Rossfan

Jeeeeeesus but those were depressing days :( :'(
that was one horrible NFL campaign.