Laois Senior Football Championship 2016

Started by Heshs Umpire, March 04, 2016, 10:32:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Monument Road

Quote from: town1980 on October 21, 2016, 02:14:17 PM
big roumours of the heath gaa going to be a gaels team,,with the timahoe village apart of the amalgamation,,can this work???if so they would be a seriously strong side
Would be a very strong team although silly season is about to kick in and all kinds of rumours are flying about. I hear that a few of the Timahoe lads would like to try out their football skills with Stradbally as a parish gaels team.Also heard that Brian Daly wants to play with St Josephs, JOL wants to play with Portlaoise and that complete unrest has surfaced down in Kileen with a couple of their players looking to leave.

Don Draper

Quote from: town1980 on October 21, 2016, 02:14:17 PM
big roumours of the heath gaa going to be a gaels team,,with the timahoe village apart of the amalgamation,,can this work???if so they would be a seriously strong side
Is Jackie Hyland dead?

Helix

Will hardly be passed by the oulder bunch of members surely on the Heath.
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

town1980

Emo players bid to go play with mmelick turned down flat on a vote of 27-6,,, heaths outcome will be the same,,, any managerial news for clubs looking for new people????

SCFC

Quote from: The Monument Road on October 21, 2016, 03:35:02 PMcomplete unrest has surfaced down in Kileen with a couple of their players looking to leave.

Brothers?!! ;)

The Monument Road

Spillane

Firstly want to congratulate Stradbally on their great result against the town. No one gave them a hope, myself included, but hard work and never say die attitude resulted in a famous win for them. (Along with a bit of luck)

Just wanted to see what people made of the team of the year in the Leinster this week.

The main thing that stood out to me was the omission of Kingston, who should have been the first name on the teamsheet. Best Player in the county by some distance. Also thought Padraig MacMahon being overlooked at half back was very harsh, as he was outstanding in two games I saw him in, scoring 5 points I think. I suppose matter of opinion really. Wont argue against both Buggie and Begley collecting their awards as both were huge to Strads win. Comerford also has to get a mention too, very intelligent player from what i saw of him.

BallyroanAbbey

thought cormac murphy from cretty was worth inclusion too

town1980

mt team of the year foe what its worth
dereck bale,,strad
frigi muruphy,,,strad
liam knowles,,strad
cahir healy,,portlaoise
jamie farrell,,,blinan
eoin buggie,,strad
p macmahon,,,broan
barney maher,,strad
donie kingston,,arles kileen
greg ramsbotton,,strad
sean o shea ,,,kileen
garry walsh,,blinan
paul cahaline,,portlaoise
bruno mcormack,,portlaoise
jody dillon,,strad, just for the last goal

High Fielder

Quote from: Spillane on October 23, 2016, 10:34:19 PM
Firstly want to congratulate Stradbally on their great result against the town. No one gave them a hope, myself included, but hard work and never say die attitude resulted in a famous win for them. (Along with a bit of luck)

Just wanted to see what people made of the team of the year in the Leinster this week.

The main thing that stood out to me was the omission of Kingston, who should have been the first name on the teamsheet. Best Player in the county by some distance. Also thought Padraig MacMahon being overlooked at half back was very harsh, as he was outstanding in two games I saw him in, scoring 5 points I think. I suppose matter of opinion really. Wont argue against both Buggie and Begley collecting their awards as both were huge to Strads win. Comerford also has to get a mention too, very intelligent player from what i saw of him.

It was crazy not to include Kingston. He is so far ahead of the rest of the forwards in Laois. The chap just has everything. The Leinster Express obviously thought otherwise.

Ballyroan Abbey

Quote from: town1980 on October 24, 2016, 09:24:57 AM
mt team of the year foe what its worth
dereck bale,,strad
frigi muruphy,,,strad
liam knowles,,strad
cahir healy,,portlaoise
jamie farrell,,,blinan
eoin buggie,,strad
p macmahon,,,broan
barney maher,,strad
donie kingston,,arles kileen
greg ramsbotton,,strad
sean o shea ,,,kileen
garry walsh,,blinan
paul cahaline,,portlaoise
bruno mcormack,,portlaoise
jody dillon,,strad, just for the last goal

begley?

town1980

a massive bo bo on my behalf,,if you let me sub jody and put begly in the middle and donie inside,,i totally forgot about him and he is prob the player of the year apologisies

Downtheroad

Quote from: town1980 on October 23, 2016, 03:26:03 PM
Emo players bid to go play with mmelick turned down flat on a vote of 27-6,,, heaths outcome will be the same,,, any managerial news for clubs looking for new people????
Big crowd for a committee meeting. No doubt the right decision in the long run.

BallyroanAbu

Question is Alan or Jamie Farrell than plays at centre back for BLinan because I thought Ballylinan's no 6 was their outstanding player.  Find it hard to see how Gary Walsh is on any team of the year.   Begley was outstanding for Stradbally pity he does not play like that for Laois.   

I suppose the story of the year was the collapse of the Heath and Emo.  I am slightly worried for Laois County Football as very little new talent emerged this year. 

Roll on 2017

SCFC

What was the Leinster's team? I'd find a place for Criostoir Maher of Cretty.