Round 4: Monaghan v Mayo: St Tiernach's Park, Clones, 6/3/2016

Started by moysider, February 29, 2016, 03:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Quote from: larryin89 on March 06, 2016, 11:07:38 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on March 06, 2016, 11:00:40 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on March 06, 2016, 10:52:07 PM
Decent win but I wouldn't get carried away at all . We are in a dog fight because of poor results so far . Kerry game will be a massive test next week, it will be intense and Kerry done mighty today to get a victory .will someone take sos aside and tell him one solo  Max and rid . DOC is the greatest thing to happen since his brother .

Kerry will be under the spotlight this week from the CCCC. Actually what am I talking about, the Kerry Mafia media will step in and blame Donegal as sole culprits.

Watched it there earlier , Magee is an absolute tr**p but Kerry bucks were at it from the start too .By jeez they are unbelievable at it , how Donaghy manages to get away with so much all the time is truly beyond me , it's simply incredible , he never friggin stops .
That's for another thread, but
but one thing for sure, Monaghan will attempt to go toe for toe against Kerry when they visit and if I only had one game to attend, Kerry and Donaghy at home in Monaghan would be that game.   

moysider

Decent win but I wouldn't get carried away at all . We are in a dog fight because of poor results so far . Kerry game will be a massive test next week, it will be intense and Kerry done mighty today to get a victory .will someone take sos aside and tell him one solo  Max and rid . DOC is the greatest thing to happen since his brother .

Kerry will be under the spotlight this week from the CCCC. Actually what am I talking about, the Kerry Mafia media will step in and blame Donegal as sole culprits.

Watched it there earlier , Magee is an absolute tr**p but Kerry bucks were at it from the start too .By jeez they are unbelievable at it , how Donaghy manages to get away with so much all the time is truly beyond me , it's simply incredible , he never friggin stops .

Privilege of birth. Donegal were never going to be let throw their weight around today though in Tralee without a response in kind. Kerry were forewarned.
So should the ref for Mayo match next weekend. No reason likes of Donaghy and Mahony should be beyond reproach.

From the Bunker

Quote from: moysider on March 06, 2016, 11:30:01 PM

Privilege of birth. Donegal were never going to be let throw their weight around today though in Tralee without a response in kind. Kerry were forewarned.
So should the ref for Mayo match next weekend. No reason likes of Donaghy and Mahony should be beyond reproach.

Why do you think Donaghy and O'Mahony are beyond reproach? History has proven otherwise. What makes you think things will change now?

sans pessimism

Quote from: Main Street on March 06, 2016, 10:01:42 PM
Quote from: moysider on March 06, 2016, 09:20:40 PM

It's a learning curve for likes of these. They re gonna have to adapt playing against these top defenders. The best thing for them is an injury free run. Both lost important development time with bad injuries. If management believe they have the quality then they will probably persevere with them. As you pointed out a top international forward at the top of his game is held scoreless at the other end.
Let's not get too carried away  A top  forward  nationally will do.
But scoreless is not quite an accurate description, is it?
Still-there's no man in mainland Europe to mark him.......
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

moysider

Quote from: From the Bunker on March 06, 2016, 11:34:21 PM

Why do you think Donaghy and O'Mahony are beyond reproach? History has proven otherwise. What makes you think things will change now?

So, you think they don t get away with stuff? Fair enough.
Was Donaghy carded for the drag down of Murphy around the neck? He may have been, I dunno. Mahony though was as much entitled to walk as McLoone in the other spat imo.
The black card was also brought in to punish verbal abuse/sledging and yet Donaghy gets away with constant bitching and dogging of officials.

From the Bunker

Quote from: moysider on March 07, 2016, 12:05:14 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on March 06, 2016, 11:34:21 PM

So, you think they don t get away with stuff? Fair enough.
Was Donaghy carded for the drag down of Murphy around the neck? He may have been, I dunno. Mahony though was as much entitled to walk as McLoone in the other spat imo.
The black card was also brought in to punish verbal abuse/sledging and yet Donaghy gets away with constant bitching and dogging of officials.
Sorry worded that wrong.  Totally agree with you.

rosnarun

Donegal were at the same crap against mayo.  only difference is mayo did not respond in kind and the Ref saw nothing .
they are a lot of scumbags on that Donegal team  certain players  you'd mcgees McGrath Mcloone etc,.. expect but the worst offenders yesterday were Kavangh and Murphy
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: rosnarun on March 07, 2016, 10:34:05 AM
they are a lot of scumbags on that Donegal team  certain players  you'd mcgees McGrath Mcloone etc,.. expect but the worst offenders yesterday were Kavangh and Murphy

Illiterate keyboard warrior  :o

rosnarun

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on March 07, 2016, 01:57:28 PM

Illiterate keyboard warrior  :o
my apologies for speaking in the Colloquial .
please select the one  you think is Correct

1)there are many scumbags on the Donegal team
2)most of the Donegal team are scumbags
3)Some of the Donegal team are not Scumbags
4)all of the Donegal team are scumbags
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

upmonaghansayswe

We're now looking back down the table after yesterdays loss.  Another mixed bag performance that leaves me wondering is the glass half full or half empty.

First thing of note from yesterday was the sheer difference in size between the two teams. The strength and power of Mayos middle 8 crippled us and I really thought the game would have been sown up much earlier only for their inability to convert that dominance into scores throughout the game. That said Karl o Connell put in a MoM performance for us and caused problems for Mayo down the middle. But when our kick out for Mayo's second goal was landed on top of him and Ryan mc anespie against 3 Mayo bruts our big problem was shown up so clearly.  We've no midfield... We did ok with getting kick outs out short but anything played long was a mess. Parsons and o shea cleaned anything that came near them with Parsons particularly having a great game. Was surprised Mayo didn't focus on getting him moving forward more often.

That said I suppose we were missing Kieran and maybe Vinny round the middle and Darren will get stronger, but without all of those we'll struggle against any top team. Again our full back line was solid. A mix up with two going for the same ball for the first goal and it looked like no one calling for the second with Rory. Our defence has been too solid to start picking at isolated errors no matter how costly they were. We did get cut open through the middle a few times but a lot of credit goes to Mayo for that.

Up front we were sharp for the first half half with Daniel showing up well in the inside line practically winning the penalty. Carey and Kerr had good periods too. Cafferkey had Conor well marshalled throughout. We lost/ran out of that potency relying on frees for all of the second half. Yet like the Roscommon and Dublin games we showed a grit to come back so strong from 5 down and worked our way back into it.  It was also good to see mc carthy mc ginn playing for a good 20min.  I havent seen much of either before but hopefully between them Yankey Kerr and Carey we'll get more scores from play.  Also I have to say I thought the mayos fans were a credit to their team. The numbers they turned up in with a feverish excitement was something to witness.

So off to Cork next Sunday. Hopefully we have another win in us. It's gonna take at least one....

Main Street

Quote from: upmonaghansayswe on March 07, 2016, 03:14:11 PM

First thing of note from yesterday was the sheer difference in size between the two teams. The strength and power of Mayos middle 8 crippled us a

......Ryan mc anespie against 3 Mayo bruts our big problem was shown up so clearly.  We've no midfield...
Monaghan is where the  runts of the irish litter are born.
Myself, I was fortunate to have a 50% Kerry bloodline which completly dominated the poorly Monaghan gene and ended up 6ft 4" tall.

We just need to sent the women out to Mayo, Donegal and Kerry to get impregnated.

highorlow

QuoteMcloone etc

Ah now, you shurley have only based this on yesterday's incident? Tidy enough player imo. O'Mahoney is and always has been a pup. He deserves a broken nose before the year is out as much as McGee deserved one yesterday.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

J70

Donegal were at the same crap against mayo.  only difference is mayo did not respond in kind and the Ref saw nothing .

What have the likes of Paddy McGrath or Leo McLoone ever done to be labeled a "sc**bag"?

Leo got the line yesterday when a multitude of other players could have instead. The only other nasty incident he's been involved with was when he hit Joe McMahon the slap in 2011, which was during a tussle for the ball. Even if you maintain that one was deliberate, he's done nothing in the five years since or the couple of years he was on the team beforehand.

As for Mayo, they're no angels either. There were a couple of boys lucky to stay on the field in the early stages of the 2012 final when the likes of Karl Lacey were targeted with late, high tackles.

upmonaghansayswe

There's lamenting going on here... Take your donegal mayo talk elsewhere.

Main Street

Quote from: upmonaghansayswe on March 07, 2016, 06:12:06 PM
There's lamenting going on here... Take your donegal mayo talk elsewhere.
Donegal are the new Tyrone, it's official.
That means any thread, any time, can just combust into a discussion about Donegal.