Started by moysider, February 29, 2016, 03:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo Border

Is that how you get your therapy jinxy bullshitting on a Mayo discussion thread

Main Street

Quote from: Mayo Border on March 06, 2016, 07:13:26 PM
Is that how you get your therapy jinxy bullshitting on a Mayo discussion thread
Arrogant Mayo .....,
this is a Monaghan Mayo  thread  and  Jinxy is our neighbour.

Maguire01

Disappointing to leave another game with nothing. Relegation battle now. Too many unnecessary mistakes, and a total inability to score from play.

From the Bunker

Well we got through it with two points. Left the damp and drizzly rain of the west this morning for the calm and sunny skies of Clones in the afternoon. A brilliant day for football and supporters. Anyway happy with the result. Fair dues to Hennelly for the two points at the end. Mayo's top performers - Parsons, Boyler, Caff (held McManus scoreless from play)and DOC. Diarmuid has some engine. Every time he got the ball something happened.

Players who had a bit of a wobbly time today - Nally, had a dodgy brain fart 3 minutes, but got back on the horse and did ok. Sheamie ran and ran into trouble, but he's a bit off the pace yet! Black cards for Leeroy and Aido meant we had to look at different options. Regan, well the Jury is still out. No doubt his free taking ability and he scored a superb point out on the left wing in the first half. Loftus took his goal (very) well but like Regan was caught a lot in possession. Conor O'Shea had a decent game. Needs a bit of coaching on running into space. But that will come in time (I hope!)

McQuillan was all over the place with decisions for both sides, as were the lines men and umpires. There seemed to be many times where he realised he made the wrong decision earlier and tried to balance it up later on. And the advantage rule seemed to be never used when there was an actual advantage. Leaving many players and supporters very frustrated.

Cunny Funt

That win for Mayo especially the manner of it will bring them on a ton and are in a good place to face and beat Kerry next.

moysider

Quote from: From the Bunker on March 06, 2016, 08:18:36 PM
Well we got through it with two points. Left the damp and drizzly rain of the west this morning for the calm and sunny skies of Clones in the afternoon. A brilliant day for football and supporters. Anyway happy with the result. Fair dues to Hennelly for the two points at the end. Mayo's top performers - Parsons, Boyler, Caff (held McManus scoreless from play)and DOC. Diarmuid has some engine. Every time he got the ball something happened.

Players who had a bit of a wobbly time today - Nally, had a dodgy brain fart 3 minutes, but got back on the horse and did ok. Sheamie ran and ran into trouble, but he's a bit off the pace yet! Black cards for Leeroy and Aido meant we had to look at different options. Regan, well the Jury is still out. No doubt his free taking ability and he scored a superb point out on the left wing in the first half. Loftus took his goal (very) well but like Regan was caught a lot in possession. Conor O'Shea had a decent game. Needs a bit of coaching on running into space. But that will come in time (I hope!)

McQuillan was all over the place with decisions for both sides, as were the lines men and umpires. There seemed to be many times where he realised he made the wrong decision earlier and tried to balance it up later on. And the advantage rule seemed to be never used when there was an actual advantage. Leaving many players and supporters very frustrated.

It's a learning curve for likes of these. They re gonna have to adapt playing against these top defenders. The best thing for them is an injury free run. Both lost important development time with bad injuries. If management believe they have the quality then they will probably persevere with them. As you pointed out a top international forward at the top of his game is held scoreless at the other end.

Farrandeelin

Pleasing win. Yes Monaghan were well on top early on, but I thought Mayo's attacking options opened up and they were getting the better of the Monaghan defence. Would agree with Bunker's analysis of Mayo's best performers. DOC would have been my man of the match. Boyle had a mighty game as captain as well. It's two points in the bag anyway. I thought Monaghan were going to do it when they drew level at the end. Hennelly scored two beauties though to win the game and I thought it was a fair result to give Mayo the win.

Of the newbies Regan and Loftus are worth persisting with. I thought Nally was good today too. Harrison was solid too and Michael Hall was able to step into Barrett's shoes as well.

It's nice to be writing after a win after 2 'nearly wins'.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Main Street

Quote from: moysider on March 06, 2016, 09:20:40 PM

It's a learning curve for likes of these. They re gonna have to adapt playing against these top defenders. The best thing for them is an injury free run. Both lost important development time with bad injuries. If management believe they have the quality then they will probably persevere with them. As you pointed out a top international forward at the top of his game is held scoreless at the other end.
Let's not get too carried away  A top  forward  nationally will do.
But scoreless is not quite an accurate description, is it?

Maguire01

McManus played half the game well out the field. Don't know why, as it didn't seem to add anything.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Maguire01 on March 06, 2016, 10:14:39 PM
McManus played half the game well out the field. Don't know why, as it didn't seem to add anything.

He was moved out to get away from Cafferkey who had his number (today). It was the right thing to do.

moysider

Quote from: Main Street on March 06, 2016, 10:01:42 PM
Quote from: moysider on March 06, 2016, 09:20:40 PM

Let's not get too carried away  A top  forward  nationally will do.
But scoreless is not quite an accurate description, is it?

;D ;D I know, I know. Just that I couldn t make the game today (funeral) and while listening to Madwest radio report I heard that our 2 'current all stars and internationals' were black carded :o. That kinda set the theme for me ;D

The other bit I should have said scoreless from play. The point I was trying to make is that some Mayo fans are expecting novices to shoot the lights out against top teams while even the very best can be held sometimes.

larryin89

Decent win but I wouldn't get carried away at all . We are in a dog fight because of poor results so far . Kerry game will be a massive test next week, it will be intense and Kerry done mighty today to get a victory .will someone take sos aside and tell him one solo  Max and rid . DOC is the greatest thing to happen since his brother .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

From the Bunker

Quote from: larryin89 on March 06, 2016, 10:52:07 PM
Decent win but I wouldn't get carried away at all . We are in a dog fight because of poor results so far . Kerry game will be a massive test next week, it will be intense and Kerry done mighty today to get a victory .will someone take sos aside and tell him one solo  Max and rid . DOC is the greatest thing to happen since his brother .

Kerry will be under the spotlight this week from the CCCC. Actually what am I talking about, the Kerry Mafia media will step in and blame Donegal as sole culprits.

timmyot501

The other bit I should have said scoreless from play."

Was the goal not from play?  Pen missed. Rebound dispatched. The papers tomorrow shoild show c McManus 1-8 (0-8f)
Pedantic I know!

larryin89

Quote from: From the Bunker on March 06, 2016, 11:00:40 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on March 06, 2016, 10:52:07 PM

Kerry will be under the spotlight this week from the CCCC. Actually what am I talking about, the Kerry Mafia media will step in and blame Donegal as sole culprits.

Watched it there earlier , Magee is an absolute tr**p but Kerry bucks were at it from the start too .By jeez they are unbelievable at it , how Donaghy manages to get away with so much all the time is truly beyond me , it's simply incredible , he never friggin stops .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .