M Donnelly
C Cavanagh
Sludden
Bradley
Meyler
McCurry
S Cavanagh
R O'Neill

Petey Harte injured? Mickey clearly pushing Ronan O'Neill to make a big claim on a FF role this year.

LeoMc

Quote from: omagh_gael on February 25, 2016, 08:53:37 PM
Tyrone team:

M O'Neill
McCrory
McCarron
HP McGeary
T McCann
JustyMc M
B Tierney
M Donnelly
C Cavanagh
Sludden
Bradley
Meyler
McCurry
S Cavanagh
R O'Neill

Petey Harte injured? Mickey clearly pushing Ronan O'Neill to make a big claim on a FF role this year.
O'Neills fitness levels have often been questioned. Nothing like a good run of games to get to the required level and to let him reach his potential.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

omagh_gael

Listened to this on teamtalk, from what I gathered Tyrone could have won by a bagful but took their foot of the pedal and nearly paid the price. Bit like the Galway game a few weeks back. Need to knock that on the head quickly.

Anyway, from our discussion above it appears that Ronan O'Neill had a very good game. Commentators described him as quarterback-like spraying great passes into FF line.

Was anyone at the game? Could they provide any additional appraisal of proceedings? Noel mentioned that the crowd appeared to be 90% in Tyrone's favour, what the feck's going on down there?

Redhand Santa

Not sure about 90 per cent but Tyrone probably had the majority of the crowd. Got a much tougher game than many predicted so good to get away with the points. Not sure if it's to do with training but Tyrone again had the game won then struggled badly in last 15 minutes.

Mattie Donnelly was probably the pick of the team with a strong second half display. Tyrone definitely missed both colm cavanagh and Meyler when they went off, both had played well. Meyler didn't look that well holding his stomach, there was suggestions he got a blow of the ball but I didn't see it.

Ronan oneill had a decent game coming out the pitch but we badly need someone to step up in the full forward line and start becoming a reliable scorer. Wasn't mccurry or Sean cavanaghs best days. Thought the likes of McCann and mcrory did rightly in defence.

Unlaoised

Thought Laois matched the red hands for much of the game and were unlucky to be two points down at half time..

Tyrone ran hard at Laois for 15 minutes after half time and played some great stuff scoring  5 points in a row and but for great defending it could have been more then they seemed to run out of energy and the Tyrone backs who had put so much into that spell struggled when Laois started to come back at them.

Tyrone were glad to get a goal to open up an 8 point gap cause Laois were really putting the foot down and winning the physical battles in the last 15.

But for a great save by the Tyrone keeper at the end this game would have ended up a draw and Laois might have just deserved it as Mickey harte said himself.

Tyeone played a nice brand of football as did Laois and it was a great advertisement for Div 2.

Crowd was chalked down at 4,800 I'd say 2800 were from Tyrone Laois have lost a lot of their support in recent years but its just starting to come back!
LAOIS ABÚ