Be advised my passport's green...the Board and British passports

Started by deiseach, February 22, 2016, 02:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you eligible for, and in possession of, a British passport?

Yes
21 (31.3%)
No
46 (68.7%)

Total Members Voted: 67

Voting closed: February 27, 2016, 02:06:58 PM

Windmill abu

I have had the opportunity to have 3 different passports

Irish, British and U.S.A. (through marriage)

I have always had the Irish passport.

During the 1970's and 80's  living in "Northern Ireland",  The passport along with the GAA was one of the few legal ways to express your Irishness.

While some people may view it as irrelevant or which passport is the cheapest, their are a section of the population which held onto our Irish passports during a very difficult time for Irish Nationalists in the North.

Never underestimate the power of complaining

brokencrossbar1

Passports are for poofs,  we don't need them in the free republic of south armagh and we just go wherever the f**k we like, like!

Have an Irish one these days but the first one was a British one as they were easier to get in a hurry and my Protetsant GF at the time from the Cregagh Road had booked a last minute holiday and I needed one quickly!!!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 22, 2016, 11:05:23 PM
Passports are for poofs,  we don't need them in the free republic of south armagh and we just go wherever the f**k we like, like!

Have an Irish one these days but the first one was a British one as they were easier to get in a hurry and my Protetsant GF at the time from the Cregagh Road had booked a last minute holiday and I needed one quickly!!!
DCI card does you S. A'magh boys.

Orior

You were a poof and had a protestant GF? lol
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Windmill abu

QuotePassports are for poofs,  we don't need them in the free republic of south armagh and we just go wherever the f**k we like, like!

I have grown up in East Tyrone and always respected the people of South Armagh during the hard times.  I find it hard to believe that someone from Crossmaglen would disrespect a symbol of Irishness because they were so close to the border. Maybe the distance from the R.O.I. makes it seem more important.
Never underestimate the power of complaining

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Windmill abu on February 22, 2016, 11:47:13 PM
QuotePassports are for poofs,  we don't need them in the free republic of south armagh and we just go wherever the f**k we like, like!

I have grown up in East Tyrone and always respected the people of South Armagh during the hard times.  I find it hard to believe that someone from Crossmaglen would disrespect a symbol of Irishness because they were so close to the border. Maybe the distance from the R.O.I. makes it seem more important.
;D

ONeill

Sure he's not allowed back because of it.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

armaghniac

I have grown up in East Tyrone and always respected the people of South Armagh during the hard times.  I find it hard to believe that someone from Crossmaglen would disrespect a symbol of Irishness because they were so close to the border.

Being from Cross' is one thing, being in Creggan, home of the Eamonn Mallie accent, they are really weird.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: armaghniac on February 23, 2016, 12:12:05 AM
I have grown up in East Tyrone and always respected the people of South Armagh during the hard times.  I find it hard to believe that someone from Crossmaglen would disrespect a symbol of Irishness because they were so close to the border.

Being from Cross' is one thing, being in Creggan, home of the Eamonn Mallie accent, they are really weird.
Now you're talking, roll those marbles young Mallie!!

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Orior on February 22, 2016, 11:24:01 PM

You were a poof and had a protestant GF? lol

Yeah, well, yeah, screw you, go and bite me shite!

AQMP

Eligible for a British one but have always held an Irish one since about 1975 or so.  Some on the board may regard me as no better than a flegger but I've always considered it an expression of my Irish identity.

I was flying out of Belfast about two years ago, was in the queue to check in and there were four guys in front of me.  Three of them were in GAA county colours and one was in his club colours.  All four had British passports.  Spies??

AQMP

Quote from: Champion The Wonder Horse on February 22, 2016, 05:38:44 PM
Never did, never will.
Have a British passport that is.

A bit surprised by the Draperstown boy though.

Loyal to the half crown.  Worshipful Company of Drapers and all that ;)

The Gs Man

Who needs a passport when you can just moonwalk your way through border control giving out high fives to customs officers?
Keep 'er lit

AQMP

Quote from: The Gs Man on February 23, 2016, 09:09:39 AM
Who needs a passport when you can just moonwalk your way through border control giving out high fives to customs officers?

Have you been to the USA recently??

haranguerer

I think its mad not to get every passport you're entitled to. I had a british one as a child, but if I hadn't I'd ensure I got one at some point. You never know what way things will change; and there are plenty of advantages to having more than one passport, even greater potential advantages, and no disadvantages apart from the cost.