Started by Captain Obvious, February 22, 2016, 01:14:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: ck on April 08, 2016, 01:29:15 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on April 08, 2016, 11:34:13 AM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on April 07, 2016, 10:51:12 PM
Quote from: ck on April 07, 2016, 10:27:32 PM
Quote from: skeog on April 07, 2016, 09:07:21 PM
ulster council hand out 2 grand fines for handbags at end of u 21 semi in celtic park as usual the sinned get hit as hard as the sinner 24 week ban for bonner a whitewash as he is not involved with any club or county team until next year if he is still in charge of donegal u 21s

What did Bonner get 24weeks for precisely? If it's for punching a player then it underlines what a utter joke the GAA is. If he actually did punch a player (I have my doubts and suspect that it's just talk by Tyrone supporters) then he should never be let near a sideline again. If he did it why are the media not all over it?

His ban was for abusing the ref.

You have my word that Bonner clipped at least one Tyrone player. I was told it was missed by the camera at the game.

I heard he resigned after the game as he knew he had overstepped the line.
Apparently he man handled an Ulster official as well but I wasn't at the game so I didn't witness this myself.

A lot of people have heard things, but did anyone actually see anything? The provincial council officials and stewards don't seem to have seen anything either (if they had then he'd have received a suspension I'd assume?).

QuoteHis ban was for abusing the ref.

You have my word that Bonner clipped at least one Tyrone player. I was told it was missed by the camera at the game.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Schkite

Semis are a double header at Tullamore on Saturday the 16th.

Dubs v Mayo 2.45 pm
Monaghan v Cork 4.30pm

Main Street

Quote from: Schkite on April 08, 2016, 02:09:26 PM

Dubs v Mayo 2.45 pm
Monaghan v Cork 4.30pm

There's more  news according to GAA.ie    TG4 live coverage

EirGrid All Ireland Under 21 Football Championship semi-final fixtures

Saturday April 16

Dublin v Mayo, O'Connor Park, Tullamore, 2.45pm (Live on TG4)

Cork v Monaghan, O'Connor Park, Tullamore, 4.30pm (Live on TG4)

upmonaghansayswe

Quote from: Schkite on April 08, 2016, 02:09:26 PM

Dubs v Mayo 2.45 pm
Monaghan v Cork 4.30pm

Crowd wise, you would think we would be first.

macdanger2

Quote from: Main Street on April 08, 2016, 01:03:17 AM
Quote from: macdanger2 on April 07, 2016, 10:34:03 PM
Quote from: Schkite on April 07, 2016, 10:30:09 PM
Will there be highlights of these two games next week maybe? I read somewhere that tg4 had cameras at the game last night.

Monday night on TG4
When on Monday?
I only see this on the sceideal    8.30pm -  9.30pm Súil siar ar Chluichí Leathcheannais Shraith Peile Allianz.

That's the one. Or at least it was last Monday for the other semis.

larryin89

Al Ireland semi finals on Saturday and not a word anywhere , is it any wonder there are poor crowds at this grade . GAA is wonderful but they really lack ambition at times when it comes to promoting a game to maximise attendance
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

ashman

To be fair the could be all the promotion in the world and there will be small enough crowds from cork and dublin.  Monaghan will have a great support and mayo a decent support .

There is a rule of thumb in the GAA - the greater success at senior level = a smaller support at underage.

From the Bunker

Quote from: larryin89 on April 12, 2016, 06:56:40 AM
Al Ireland semi finals on Saturday and not a word anywhere , is it any wonder there are poor crowds at this grade . GAA is wonderful but they really lack ambition at times when it comes to promoting a game to maximise attendance

it's not in Croke Park so there are no corporate boxes, Vendors etc to worry about. They don't care how many turn up for this game(s).

twohands!!!

Also TG4 does a great job but for huge swathes of households the channel doesn't remotely register (it has a 1.5% of the market share according to the TAM figures for Feb) so the GAA would be as well off broadcasting on Japanese television , in terms of attracting the attention of younger children/those outside the traditional strongholds/newer GAA supporters.

Rossfan

There's be quare giving out if they offered it to SKY or Setanta  ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Unlaoised

Playing it in tullamore and at them times is even worse....

Why not in Portlaoise under lights on a Saturday evening ??

Easier venue for all to get to aswell
LAOIS ABÚ

AZOffaly

Tullamore is a better pitch, and a nicer venue. And it's not in Laois.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 12, 2016, 04:27:25 PM

Amen to that brother.
#newbridgeornowhere

Unlaoised

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 12, 2016, 04:27:25 PM

Nightmare to get to compared to Portlaoise doesn't even have 4 ends to watch the game from...Stand is a joke if your in the middle section trying to get in or out in front of the press boxes who ever designed it should be shot.

Pitches are similar and from the inter county players I have spoken too they all like O'Moore Park ..

Not saying O'connor Park isn't good but they could have down so much better when upgrading it having been over there for few big games in last 5/6 years its too small the terrace is tiny and behind the goals coming in is no place to watch a match!!!!

No flood lights either??????????????
LAOIS ABÚ

AZOffaly

We don't need lights. It's naturally brighter in Offaly.

And as for the pitches, O'Connor Park is, was and always will be a better surface.