2016 All Ireland U-21 football championship

Started by Captain Obvious, February 22, 2016, 01:14:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

larryin89

Quote from: Rossfan on March 19, 2016, 09:48:48 PM
Not a great show by our buckeens at all but still won comfortably.
Too defensive a game plan/ mindset meant we were so often taking so much out of the ball when a quick through ball to a forward running into space would be theright thing to do.
Still getting to the Final was the requirement and now its done.
Be great to have the Final as a double header with the Dublin game but I suspect JP won'tbe having that..
If we keep a clean sheet we will probably win it.

Ffs and you'd be grand if it was visa versa IE a double header in Castlebar before a league game v Dublin ?

Wouldn't give our bucks much of a chance against a forward line like Roscommons , our defence seemed to be very easily opened up tonight v Leitrim .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Captain Obvious

Would be a shock and big disappointment among Mayo supporters if their 2013 minor All Ireland winning team now fail to win a Connacht title. The Dubs look menacing at this level again.

Aaron Boone

Quote from: Captain Obvious on March 20, 2016, 01:07:31 AM
Would be a shock and big disappointment among Mayo supporters if their 2013 minor All Ireland winning team now fail to win a Connacht title. The Dubs look menacing at this level again.
The Dubs as ever look primed. Cork haven't been tested but have scored freely in Munster.
Most pundits say Armagh are the best in Ulster.

GalwayBayBoy

Not uncommon though. Neither of the Galway sides that won the U-21 All-Irelands in 2011 and 2013 won Connacht at minor level before that.

ck

Quote from: Syferus on March 19, 2016, 07:30:21 PM
Sligo had no support today. It was sad to see them outnumbered so massively in Marky which is usually a fortress for Sligo teams. Some standout performances by Mullooly, Walsh and Darcy but everyone did their part. Nothing too hectic but dealing with being favourites is something the lads handled well. Good to see Harney back, his touch was a little rough but this was exactly when he should be getting through the bad disel with the Connacht final coming up.

Expecting a really good game in the final.

It's a hard ask to expect a big turn out when expectation was so low. Our 21s have taken a few bad beatings coming into this game which led to supporters apathy.
That's a really decent Rossie side and there'll be very little between them and Mayo. My only criticism is that yee are too defensive when yee have the players to be more attacking.

ck

Quote from: Aaron Boone on March 20, 2016, 03:10:53 AM
The Dubs as ever look primed. Cork haven't been tested but have scored freely in Munster.

Usual story in Munster. Dubs with Basquel back are contenders. Nothing between Mayo and Ross in Connacht and in Ulster I'd disagree with you, despite a big win for Armagh I think Monaghan will beat them but it's Tyrones to loose.

Throw ball

Quote from: ck on March 20, 2016, 04:49:46 AM

Usual story in Munster. Dubs with Basquel back are contenders. Nothing between Mayo and Ross in Connacht and in Ulster I'd disagree with you, despite a big win for Armagh I think Monaghan will beat them but it's Tyrones to loose.

I would imagine the Monaghan v Armagh game will be close, as will the other semifinal. Donegal have had a couple of good minor teams recently but Tyrone have pedigree at this level. The winners should come from that semi final.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: ck on March 20, 2016, 04:49:46 AM

I'd be surprised if Tyrone beat Donegal. We've lost 10 of our starting team from last year's final, including the starting 6 defenders and most of this year's side are underage again next year. We seem to be heavily reliant on McShane and Burns. Donegal have a more physical side that us and were minus a few important players due to injury against Derry, should they return I would expect them to beat us. Not too sure how good Armagh are, Down GAA is such a mess at the minute you can't read much into it. From what I understand they have some very good players but a lot of them are only in their first year at this grade and it will probably be down the line where they challenge for honours. Monaghan will be decent but I expect the winner to come from the Tyrone-Donegal semi and I expect Donegal to edge that one.

larryin89

Where as it will be disappointing it will not be surprising , Roscommon will be odds on to win Connacht . Very poor defensively Mayo and Roscommon very strong in the forward department , suggests a comprehensive victory for Roscommon in Hyde park on 2nd of April .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Blowitupref

Down to the last ten

Kerry 7/2   
Mayo 5/1
Dublin 5/1
Kildare 5/1
Cork 6/1
Roscommon 7/1
Tyrone 8/1   
Donegal 12/1
Armagh 14/1
Monaghan 20/1

Monaghan the outsider even though they won Ulster minor 3 years ago, i think that suggests the overall quality of this years U-21 All Ireland championship.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Syferus

The punters disagreeing with Captain Obvious in Leinster.

redhandefender

Not sure which pundits you are listening to but it would be Donegal, Tyrone, and hard to split monaghan/armagh. They hammered an extremely poor Down side!

Tyrone supporters seem to be writing of our u21 side already but this team played the all ireland final v mayo this minor year. Granted they lost their best player but still a good side

naka

For me it's a Monaghan Tyrone Ulster  final
And it's a toss up as to the winner
Would love Armagh to get through Monaghan

orangeman

Quote from: Blowitupref on March 20, 2016, 01:15:24 PM
Down to the last ten

Kerry 7/2   
Mayo 5/1
Dublin 5/1
Kildare 5/1
Cork 6/1
Roscommon 7/1
Tyrone 8/1   
Donegal 12/1
Armagh 14/1
Monaghan 20/1

Monaghan the outsider even though they won Ulster minor 3 years ago, i think that suggests the overall quality of this years U-21 All Ireland championship.

Kerry should have a very good side but don't seem to be firing having struggled to beat Tipp and Limerick in their 2 outings to date. I don't see how they are favourites to win the whole thing.

Syferus

Quote from: orangeman on March 21, 2016, 12:36:04 AM
Quote from: Blowitupref on March 20, 2016, 01:15:24 PM
Down to the last ten

Kerry 7/2   
Mayo 5/1
Dublin 5/1
Kildare 5/1
Cork 6/1
Roscommon 7/1
Tyrone 8/1   
Donegal 12/1
Armagh 14/1
Monaghan 20/1

Kerry should have a very good side but don't seem to be firing having struggled to beat Tipp and Limerick in their 2 outings to date. I don't see how they are favourites to win the whole thing.

Jacko.