2016 All Ireland U-21 football championship

Started by Captain Obvious, February 22, 2016, 01:14:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Cork and Mayo in a underage final - Novel pairing!  :P

Captain Obvious

Hard luck Monaghan defended poorly today which didn't happen in Ulster. I think Mayo will win the final.

Throw ball

The more economical and 'streetwise' team won. Hard luck Monaghan. I still have a feeling they will get more senior players out of this team than Cork.

Generally not a great deal between any of the 4 teams. Any combination would grace a final.

On a different note watching the referees today you would think there was 2 different types of rules. One blew everything and the other lost the pip in his whistle!

reddgnhand

Great game. Monaghan can consider themselves very unlucky.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: From the Bunker on April 16, 2016, 05:53:25 PM
A repeat of the 2006 All Ireland U21 final and i would expect a repeat result.

Main Street

In the end it was deserved by Cork.  Cork were able to exploit space in the Monaghan half  and some good approach work in front of goal.
Monaghan did well to bring the game to the wire, beaten but not bowed. All in all, 2 very good games with some great confident point scoring.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Cunny Funt on April 16, 2016, 06:01:37 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on April 16, 2016, 05:53:25 PM
A repeat of the 2006 All Ireland U21 final and i would expect a repeat result.

Nice to be there. Great spirit in this group and have a natural all round leader in Diarmuid.

Club Rossa

2 very good games today.Should be a good final.Hard luck to Monaghan,they can be proud of their performance.

Jinxy

Why are people so upset over the grade being changed to u-20?
Will the difference be noticeable even?
The grade was changed to reduce the pressure on young players who are playing for too many teams.
Don't get the outrage myself.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Redhand Santa

Two very good games. I only saw a glimpse of it but did the Monaghan player do a really bad dive to get the cork player a black card?

Rossfan

Quote from: Jinxy on April 16, 2016, 06:10:44 PM
Why are people so upset over the grade being changed to u-20?
Will the difference be noticeable even?
The grade was changed to reduce the pressure on young players who are playing for too many teams.
Don't get the outrage myself.
+1.
U20 will hardly be too bad or do lads only become good at 21?????
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Thy Kingdom Come

O'Connor like some one mentioned earlier know how to manufacture a free. Mayo very lucky to be in the final. Dublin played well for the middle third of the game only. Nearly bottled it like all Mayo teams do eventually. Cork will have more than enough for them in the final. Being a final you can take a couple of scores away from Mayo. Because Mayo teams psychologically need to be better than they think they are to win finals. Mayo teams have already lost 3 All Ireland finals this year. They just don't have the bottle in the final hurdle. In all three finals they were seriously outclassed! I presume the final will be in Limerick?

Tubberman

Quote from: Thy Kingdom Come on April 16, 2016, 06:15:59 PM
O'Connor like some one mentioned earlier know how to manufacture a free. Mayo very lucky to be in the final. Dublin played well for the middle third of the game only. Nearly bottled it like all Mayo teams do eventually. Cork will have more than enough for them in the final. Being a final you can take a couple of scores away from Mayo. Because Mayo teams psychologically need to be better than they think they are to win finals. Mayo teams have already lost 3 All Ireland finals this year. They just don't have the bottle in the final hurdle. In all three finals they were seriously outclassed! I presume the final will be in Limerick?

You need to use some subtlety lad.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Farrandeelin

Sure Mayo may as well have stayed at home today according to Thy Kingdom Come ::)
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.