2016 All Ireland U-21 football championship

Started by Captain Obvious, February 22, 2016, 01:14:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunny Funt

Well done to Monaghan a great win for them first Ulster U21 title since 1999? And they do it by knocking out All Ireland champions.

omagh_gael

McCarthy was playing, Crete. Congratulations to Monaghan, hopefully they can go on and make their mark nationally.

omaghjoe

Bummer!

Ah well fair play to Monaghan.......and Dinky

rrhf

The farney army goes barmy!
Hard luck to the Tyrone lads. Best of luck Monaghan in the all ireland

Norf Tyrone

Well done Monaghan. I always think at this level you need to get your better players on the ball, and I never head Brennan mentioned much in the first half and McShane, Burns, nor Kavanagh the whole contest.

Sounds like Monaghan did their homework and out thought Tyrone.

Hopefully they go on and beat Mayo now. It is Mayo isn't it?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Schkite

Serious result! They came out flying at the start of the second half and were able to hold that lead til the end in poor conditions. Some quality players coming through in that group, and they have a real winners mentality now, which we've rarely had from underage teams.

McAnespie has now won minor, u21 and senior Ulster titles - that must be a first for a Monaghan player. I don't think any others from that group were on the senior panel last year?

Tubberman

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on April 06, 2016, 09:42:40 PM
Well done Monaghan. I always think at this level you need to get your better players on the ball, and I never head Brennan mentioned much, and McShane, Burns, nor Kavanagh the whole contest.

Sounds like Monaghan did their homework and out thought Tyrone.

Hopefully they go on and beat Mayo now. It is Mayo isn't it?

Nope, we play the Dubs
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

omagh_gael

Ulster plays Munster next, Cork and Kerry play tomorrow night.

Maguire01

Quote from: Schkite on April 06, 2016, 09:44:01 PM
Serious result! They came out flying at the start of the second half and were able to hold that lead til the end in poor conditions. Some quality players coming through in that group, and they have a real winners mentality now, which we've rarely had from underage teams.

McAnespie has now won minor, u21 and senior Ulster titles - that must be a first for a Monaghan player. I don't think any others from that group were on the senior panel last year?
Yep, and that's massive if it can translate into the senior panel.

Il Bomber Destro

Well done Monaghan.

Have Monaghan any midfielders that could do a job for them at senior level in the u21 setup at the minute?

The players that seem to be in the senior picture at the minute who are currently u21 are all forwards as far as I know.

Moortown Spuds

Throw ball

Having watched Monaghan last week I knew they had a good chance tonight. They have a very strong team and will give any of the teams remaining a run. Well done and good luck Monaghan in the All Ireland semi final.

rrhf

For Monaghan to bring it to the next level this team needs to win the all Ireland. They can't settle for Ulster yet again.

Aaron Boone

Hopefully the Monaghan manager makes the trip to Tralee tomorrow night.
It won't be on tv.

BennyHarp

Well done Monaghan, fair play to them and I hope they gone to win the All Ireland. Hard luck to Tyrone, hopefully a few of those lads will join up with the seniors now and kick on.
That was never a square ball!!