Armagh v Fermanagh

Started by illdecide, February 19, 2016, 09:30:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DuffleKing

Quote from: PAULD123 on February 24, 2016, 08:13:54 AM
Quote from: DuffleKing on February 23, 2016, 01:03:29 PM
.....Just what we need. The Down village idiot posting on Armagh subject matter.

I didn't say one personally insulting thing about McGeeney and you have no justification for insulting me. I was careful to only present the facts. What part of that is idiocy? I would have expected some reasonably intelligent comment on the facts not just some small minded childish insult.

I'm referring to your well established reputation posting on Down issues. I'm simply rolling my eyes at the prospect of being subjected to your ramblings in an Armagh thread.

Beffs

PaulD123's post about McGeeney's career with Kildare was both intelligent and fair. It doesn't deserve cheap digs. Unfortunately, some people are either unable or willing to separate the 2002 McGeeney, legendary leader & player as he was, from McGeeney, the manager in 2016. His playing career & the cult of personality that has grown up around the man, has blinded some people to his limitations as a game day tactician, strategist and decision maker. Helped in no small part by the media, who love an "interesting character" they can hang their hat on. (Paper never refuses ink, as they say.) The quality of the players he has available to him, is only one side of the coin imo.

illdecide

Quote from: Beffs on February 24, 2016, 03:27:41 PM
PaulD123's post about McGeeney's career with Kildare was both intelligent and fair. It doesn't deserve cheap digs. Unfortunately, some people are either unable or willing to separate the 2002 McGeeney, legendary leader & player as he was, from McGeeney, the manager in 2016. His playing career & the cult of personality that has grown up around the man, has blinded some people to his limitations as a game day tactician, strategist and decision maker. Helped in no small part by the media, who love an "interesting character" they can hang their hat on. (Paper never refuses ink, as they say.) The quality of the players he has available to him, is only one side of the coin imo.

Well I'm glad u shared that great knowledge of KMcG with us...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

stew

Spot on, the man put up facts and figures that were accurate and took time, he did not deserve the dogs for what he posted on fairness.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Beffs

Quote from: illdecide on February 24, 2016, 06:16:46 PM

Well I'm glad u shared that great knowledge of KMcG with us...

There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.  8)

Over the Bar

DuffleKing still goes to bed in his Kieran McGeeney PJs, so don't burst his bubble that K is gonna lead Armagh to glory once again!! ;)

DuffleKing

Nothing to do with the content of his post... It's just that I've read his previous posts.

Beffs

Quote from: DuffleKing on February 24, 2016, 10:30:08 PM

Nothing to do with the content of his post... It's just that I've read his previous posts.

So in replying to someones post about a very specific subject, you ignore the contents of that post entirely & rely on the contents of other posts, that have nothing to do with what is being discussed?

And PaulD is the idiot here?

Okey dokey then !  ::)

tonto1888

when will the team be named?

FermGael

Armagh 4/7 Draw 15/2 Fermanagh 7/4
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

JP

Quote from: FermGael on February 26, 2016, 10:07:00 AM
Armagh 4/7 Draw 15/2 Fermanagh 7/4

If I wasn't from Armagh I would be taking those odds on Fermanagh.

Applesisapples

I sincerely hope Armagh can get a result tomorrow night. McGeeney may not have the most talented squad but they are not as bad as results suggest. He did ok in Kildare with a panel that wasn't really much better. As a fan the big disappointment from me is the absence of more Cross players in the panel. They are the best team in the county by a country mile and whilst not all of them are up to county standard more than 2 are. At the end of the day McGeeney really owes Armagh nothing from his contribution as a player, as a manager he must stand or fall on results. The essence of good management is recognising your own shortcomings as a coach, tactician or trainer and bringing people with those skills in. I don't know the answer to these issues for Armagh but as a fan it is frustrating. One thing is for certain Mcgeeney will always give his all for Armagh.

illdecide

Handicap betting is prob the way to go...Fermanagh were actually 2/1 last week so Bookies are cutting the odds, they were also +3pts on the Handicap and that has been cut to 2pts. TBH if i was setting the odds i'd have both teams at evens. Armagh are under big pressure to win this, they know a defeat and they're fecked so this could be a juicy match with plenty of bite in it.

FermGael

Fermanagh were 11/4 with a bookmaker at the start of the week.
I decided that was value
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

illdecide

Quote from: FermGael on February 26, 2016, 11:59:25 AM
Fermanagh were 11/4 with a bookmaker at the start of the week.
I decided that was value

Hey u...illdecide...lol.