How would you define Irishness and what it means to be Irish (32 c, obviously) ?

Started by seafoid, February 17, 2016, 12:55:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Oraisteach

To be a member of a country that ranks number one in the Good Country Index. 

Aristo 60

From the Bunker

As a people we have a small country mentality. Which is only natural as we are a small country. Because of this we will never be really anything other than a small part of any Jigsaw.

foxcommander

Quote from: Beffs on February 17, 2016, 03:53:35 PM
Begrudgery.

Close the thread.

can I add fickle to the list. Especially the free staters. Real two faced fockers.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

Farrandeelin

Holding conversations about the weather. We do good at funerals as well.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Tubberman

Quote from: foxcommander on February 17, 2016, 05:54:04 PM
Begrudgery.

Close the thread.

can I add fickle to the list. Especially the free staters. Real two faced fockers.

Whereas you're just a straight-up pr*ck :)
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

From the Bunker

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 17, 2016, 05:55:05 PM
Holding conversations about the weather. We do good at funerals as well.

In fairness, when you have had the weather we've had the last 2 years. And especially since mid-october, how can you not talk about anything else. Four whole months of dark depression!  :(

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Clov

Insecurity about one's identity must rank pretty highly.

I think Behan said it best - 'other people have a nationality. The Jews and the Irish have a psychosis'.
"One of the most salient features of our culture is that there is so much bullshit"

Beffs

Begrudgery.

Close the thread.

I wouldn't call them two faced. All the free staters I know, freely admit that they couldn't give a shiny shite about North Iron.

snoopdog

Jumping on a rugby bandwagon and when the wheels fall off that then  another bandwagon like ufc will be  boarded

foxcommander

Quote from: Beffs on February 17, 2016, 07:40:14 PM
Begrudgery.

Close the thread.

I wouldn't call them fickle. All the free staters I know, freely admit that they couldn't give a shiny shite about North Iron.

I actually meant in general (not in relation to the north). Shake your hand and stab you in the back just as quickly.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie