All Ireland Club SFC Semi-finals Feb 2016

Started by general_lee, February 10, 2016, 05:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

INDIANA

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on March 17, 2016, 05:00:16 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on March 17, 2016, 04:49:25 PM
Quote from: Zulu on March 17, 2016, 04:30:08 PM
Boden get a lot of players back when CM get forward but you wouldn't think CM were one of the country's top clubs if today was your first day seeing them, they've been awful.

CM haven't played anyone in Boden's league this year.

Said it pre-game playing the top 6 clubs in Dublin is a different ball game to anything they played to date

Can CM adjust to the pace in the second half and make a game of it. No goals and Boden win the game.

Ah now in fairness they beat last year's All-Ireland champions in the Connacht final and Corofin would do just fine in Dublin. Even though Corofin were not going as well this year as last.

Think it's just a severe under performance from Castlebar today unfortunately for them.

Corofin would do well in Dublin. Very few other teams would. Corofin were knackered against CM.

I don't think any of the current clubs from Ulster or Connacht would. Cross previous vintage would have well in Dublin- current vintage wouldnt though

Portlaoise are a better team then CM for example.

moysider

Well done Ballyboden but today's story is all about CM not getting out of bed. Everything else is noise.

Zulu

Quote from: moysider on March 17, 2016, 05:06:53 PM
A system failure from the start. The response to early goal was shocking. They were wild instead of settling things down. Only team and management can explain how this could have happened. I for one would not like to be trying to explain this away. Reflects very poorly on preparation and management.

It isn't always the managements fault. They can't be blamed for so many CM players being unable to do the basics or shoot even reasonably well.

From the Bunker

general_lee

Most teams would beat Castlebar the way they played today. Credit to BBSE but not like they faced any sort of resistance. Kicking wide from 30m out you don't deserve to win

From the Bunker

Quote from: Zulu on March 17, 2016, 05:12:53 PM
A system failure from the start. The response to early goal was shocking. They were wild instead of settling things down. Only team and management can explain how this could have happened. I for one would not like to be trying to explain this away. Reflects very poorly on preparation and management.

It isn't always the managements fault. They can't be blamed for so many CM players being unable to do the basics or shoot even reasonably well.

Syferus

Quote from: INDIANA on March 17, 2016, 05:05:44 PM
Quote from: Syferus on March 17, 2016, 05:01:23 PM
Why Mayo.

Brigids fought back from eight down against a better side three years ago.

Boden are better then ballymun. Ballymun were the weakest dublin champions sine Brigids. Don't get ideas

I believe you Indy.

haze

Hard to take much away from Ballyboden but this has been one of the biggest blow outs you will ever see in a final especially considering Castlebar were red hot favourites. Total systems failure

moysider

It isn't always the managements fault. They can't be blamed for so many CM players being unable to do the basics for shoot even reasonably well.

Mitchel's went in completely flat and undercooked. Didn t learn from awful poor start in semi that could have ended them as well. Sleepwalked into this final by looks of it. BB clearly had their homework done but it looks like Mitchel's went in off the cuff as is the Mayo way sadly.
Anyway it has turned into an awful humiliation. I feel sorry for the supporters.

Farrandeelin

Another shit day for a Mayo team in Croke Park. >:( :-\ :'(
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

INDIANA

Quote from: general_lee on March 17, 2016, 05:14:10 PM
Most teams would beat Castlebar the way they played today. Credit to BBSE but not like they faced any sort of resistance. Kicking wide from 30m out you don't deserve to win

Because of the pressure they are under- they haven't played against a defence anywhere near Bodens standard all year bar Corofin.

The Cross semi final as I said at the time was actually quite a poorish standard when you looked at it in the cold light of day

But because we have a Northern based message board it grew legs as being a great game.

Boden were very confident going into this game and it's easy to see why

JoG2

Agreed 100%. The players have lost this one.  The lack of responsibility and continously taking the easy option,  which has so often been an easy pass to man a man in a worse position,  has been their downfall.  So many CM players have spent their day hiding... They'll be alot of regrets in their changing room post match.  Rabbits in the headlights stuff

Ballyboden a very good team and  worthy winners. 

Shamrock Shore

Ballyboden having the craic now. Congrats to them but Mitchell's need to reflect on an awful performance.

ballinaman

Even single Castlebar person I spoke to over the last few weeks, convinced they were going to win. It was as if losing in 2013 gave them the right to win today, believed their own hype. Shocking stuff.

moysider

Angry after watching that. What were they thinking?