All Ireland Club SFC Semi-finals Feb 2016

Started by general_lee, February 10, 2016, 05:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Declan

QuoteMitchels were a point ahead after 43 minutes        ....Whitey, you must know that Indiana is the resident expert on all things gaelic football around here so if he says the game was over after 2 min. then it was over and never let the facts get in the way of any thing he posts.Shur hasn't he won numerous all ireland medals  and is the only one on here to play in front of 80,000 people and his best mate is Diarmuid Connolly so he really should know.

My memory from being at the game was that Vins were always going to win it after Feeney got the line -it was the second half when they pulled away but they always looked to be that bit better than Castlebar - However having seen BBSE a couple of times this year I think Castlebar are probably slight favourites for Thursday

whitey

Quote from: Declan on March 15, 2016, 09:12:18 AM
QuoteMitchels were a point ahead after 43 minutes        ....Whitey, you must know that Indiana is the resident expert on all things gaelic football around here so if he says the game was over after 2 min. then it was over and never let the facts get in the way of any thing he posts.Shur hasn't he won numerous all ireland medals  and is the only one on here to play in front of 80,000 people and his best mate is Diarmuid Connolly so he really should know.

My memory from being at the game was that Vins were always going to win it after Feeney got the line -it was the second half when they pulled away but they always looked to be that bit better than Castlebar - However having seen BBSE a couple of times this year I think Castlebar are probably slight favourites for Thursday

Hence my statement that they were still in with a shout at the 3/4 mark.(given that they were leading by a point at that stage of the game)

Canalman

Fancy CM to win it. In fairness, I didn't fancy BBSE to make it this far at all and they have proved me wrong all along.

For some reason, the mantle of favouritism hangs heavy on the shoulders of Connacht teams in big games  but I think CM will win and easily enough in the end although will be hoping both city teams win on the day.

Hound

I know Barry Moran plays with Castlebar. What other county lads do they have?

ballinaman

Quote from: Hound on March 15, 2016, 12:56:37 PM
Tom Cunniffe would be the only other regular...
Expect to see Patrick Durcan start in Mayo half back line for the foreseeable future...

Douglas and Kirby yet to get and sustained run in the county team....

whitey

Quote from: ballinaman on March 15, 2016, 01:23:32 PM
Expect to see Patrick Durcan start in Mayo half back line for the foreseeable future...

McDonagh and Douglas were fringe panelists last year as well

muppet

Quote from: whitey on March 15, 2016, 09:22:52 PM

Was he?

AFAIK 4 of the backs, 1 midfielder and 3 of the forwards have lined out for Mayo since James Horan began his reign.
MWWSI 2017

whitey

Quote from: muppet on March 15, 2016, 10:28:50 PM
Quote from: whitey on March 15, 2016, 09:22:52 PM

Was he?

AFAIK 4 of the backs, 1 midfielder and 3 of the forwards have lined out for Mayo since James Horan began his reign.

Thats what I was told, by someone whose usually knowledgeable on this stuff

macdanger2

From the Bunker

Best of Luck to the Mitchels today. The buzz around Castlebar the last week has been amazing. There is more an expectation than hope that they will do it. Anyway hope the Red and Yellow ribbons are on Andy this evening.

muppet

Quote from: macdanger2 on March 17, 2016, 11:31:37 AM
Good luck to Mitchells today

Getting very jumpy now. 4pm is a long way away.
MWWSI 2017

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: muppet on March 17, 2016, 11:44:21 AM

Enjoy the day Muppet hopefully your lads can finish the job out today

Milltown Row2

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 17, 2016, 12:30:06 PM

As a betting man I'm wondering will they choke on the day?? What's your opinion BC1 and don't base it on cause they beat us :o
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

pullhard

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 17, 2016, 12:36:45 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 17, 2016, 12:30:06 PM

As a betting man I'm wondering will they choke on the day?? What's your opinion BC1 and don't base it on cause they beat us :o

I think the experience of losing in 2014 and coming back strongly against us will stand them in good stead. I think they are a better team than BBSE and will win it out.