All Ireland Club SFC Semi-finals Feb 2016

Started by general_lee, February 10, 2016, 05:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Il Bomber Destro

Martin Penrose served a ban in the 2013 AI semi-final.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: INDIANA on February 17, 2016, 07:12:22 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 16, 2016, 04:55:59 PM
Fair enough Indy,  you know more than me about winning AI club titles. Just for the record,  in the history of the competition St Vincents club have won 3 AIs, I the history of my playing career I have won 3 AIs. So that puts me personally on the same bracket as the St Vincents club. I'll tell you here and now there is a greater chance we will win another before St Vincents win their next.

Not a hope pal . We will look forward to rinsing you again soon in an AI semi final. You think you invented the game up there .

Whatever you think Indy.

seafoid

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 17, 2016, 10:16:43 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on February 17, 2016, 07:12:22 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 16, 2016, 04:55:59 PM
Fair enough Indy,  you know more than me about winning AI club titles. Just for the record,  in the history of the competition St Vincents club have won 3 AIs, I the history of my playing career I have won 3 AIs. So that puts me personally on the same bracket as the St Vincents club. I'll tell you here and now there is a greater chance we will win another before St Vincents win their next.

Not a hope pal . We will look forward to rinsing you again soon in an AI semi final. You think you invented the game up there .

Whatever you think Indy.
I think Indy should be sectioned before the championship starts

Hound

Quote from: seafoid on February 16, 2016, 05:02:45 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on February 16, 2016, 04:55:40 PM
Quote from: seafoid on February 16, 2016, 04:49:33 PM
Did you get any modesty for Christmas , Indy?

Indys modesty died the day of the Cluxton kick back in 2011! Since then he has no need to bow to inferior football mortals.
Reading his stuff makes me cringe. He reminds me of Alan Partridge. No Kerry or Kilkenny poster would ever produce such bilge.
Excellent analogy.
However, you forgot the bit about Alan Partridge being a made up persona, and Steve Coogan doesn't actually believe most of what Alan Partridge says, but does it to wind people up for entertainment!

Hound

Quote from: Beffs on February 17, 2016, 07:35:40 PM
Dublin club football is crying out for a system whereby if someone moves up there for work, he is assigned to a club, he doesn't get to choose his own. He can select north city, south city or west city, but after that, it's up to the Dublin Co Board to assign him to a club.

If the players are let pick their own club, of course they are all going to want to go the same handful of really strong clubs & increase their chances of getting their hands on some silverware. The super clubs get stronger and the weak get weaker. It's very unfair.
Its a feckin joke.

Not sure the county board assigning players would work from a practical experience.

I would bring in a rule that a club can sign no more than one intercounty player in a 2 year period. There are plenty of clubs in Dublin to cover all the intercounty players who might want to play club football in Dublin. 

general_lee

Anyone got a list of the various Dublin superclubs and their list of intercounty blow ins? A few of the Armagh players playing down there at the minute. Who are the worst offenders?

Gael85

Quote from: general_lee on February 18, 2016, 11:04:20 AM
Anyone got a list of the various Dublin superclubs and their list of intercounty blow ins? A few of the Armagh players playing down there at the minute. Who are the worst offenders?

Kilmacud Crokes-Kevin Dyas(Armagh),Eugene Keating(Cavan),Brian Kavanagh(Longford),Dermot Geraghty(Mayo)
Olivier Plunketts-Tomas Corrigan(Fermanagh),Gary Reynolds(Leitrim),Alan O'Meara(Cavan),Johnny Gallagher(Donegal),Ciaran McKeever(Armagh)
St Vincents-Brendan Egan(Sligo),Fiachra Breathnach(Galway),Enda Varley(Mayo),Alan Freeman(Mayo),Lorcan Smyth(Westmeath),Joe Feeney(Armagh)
St Brigids-Emlyn Mulligan(Leitrm),Conor Moran(Mayo),John O'Loughlin(Laois),Neil Collins(Roscommon)
Ballyboden-Paul Durkan(Donegal),Daniel Davey (Sligo) Fergal Clancy(Leitrim)

shark

Quote from: Gael85 on February 18, 2016, 12:50:42 PM

Kilmacud Crokes-Kevin Dyas(Armagh),Eugene Keating(Cavan),Brian Kavanagh(Longford),Dermot Geraghty(Mayo)
Olivier Plunketts-Tomas Corrigan(Fermanagh),Gary Reynolds(Leitrim),Alan O'Meara(Cavan),Johnny Gallagher(Donegal),Ciaran McKeever(Armagh)
St Vincents-Brendan Egan(Sligo),Fiachra Breathnach(Galway),Enda Varley(Mayo),Alan Freeman(Mayo),Lorcan Smyth(Westmeath),Joe Feeney(Armagh)
St Brigids-Emlyn Mulligan(Leitrm),Conor Moran(Mayo),John O'Loughlin(Laois),Neil Collins(Roscommon)

You're fairly up to speed, Lorcan Smyth only transferred to Vincent's a few days ago.

tv pundit

Do parnells not have a load of non dubs playing for them too ?

heffo

Quote from: tv pundit on February 18, 2016, 02:27:22 PM
Do parnells not have a load of non dubs playing for them too ?

Like the salmon of the Capistrano, aside from the Mort who still manages the gym, they've swam downstream when the money ran out.

Captain Obvious

Some amount of non dubs playing their club football in Dublin and whatever the lure is I suppose the non dubs to Dublin club football will only increase in the years ahead.

seafoid

Quote from: Captain Obvious on February 18, 2016, 03:17:43 PM

Some amount of non dubs playing their club football in Dublin and whatever the lure is I suppose the non dubs to Dublin club football will only increase in the years ahead.
That is where the jobs are. Traipsing 3 hours over and back 3 times a week for training back home does not appeal to every player.

brokencrossbar1

Maybe there should be an exiles team in Dublin?  Set up specifically for blow ins? 

AZOffaly

Quote from: seafoid on February 19, 2016, 12:08:45 AM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on February 18, 2016, 03:17:43 PM

That is where the jobs are. Traipsing 3 hours over and back 3 times a week for training back home does not appeal to every player.

They're not transferring county allegiance in most cases. Laois is not a 3 hour commute either!

Applesisapples

A lad from Cross at work was saying that Oisin and John Mac had resigned. He cited that they had lost the confidence of the players...Bullshit I'd presume?