All Ireland Club SFC Semi-finals Feb 2016

Started by general_lee, February 10, 2016, 05:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: muppet on February 16, 2016, 05:50:28 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on February 16, 2016, 05:47:42 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on February 16, 2016, 05:09:32 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on February 16, 2016, 02:41:10 PM
Didn't Ballyboden manage to hold Diarmuid Connolly scoreless in the Leinster final.

Delete that quickly before Ewan McKenna sees it.
I think even McKenna knows it was the Leinster final in all but name  ;)

Indiana will tell you it was really the All-Ireland Final.
What do you know about football, Muppet? I'm from Dublin and I once drank a Lucozade in the St Vincents clubhouse.

muppet

Quote from: seafoid on February 16, 2016, 07:42:39 PM
Didn't Ballyboden manage to hold Diarmuid Connolly scoreless in the Leinster final.

What do you know about football, Muppet? I'm from Dublin and I once drank a Lucozade in the St Vincents clubhouse.

Actually I was in their clubhouse a few months ago.
MWWSI 2017

seafoid

Quote from: muppet on February 16, 2016, 07:46:43 PM
Quote from: seafoid on February 16, 2016, 07:42:39 PM

Actually I was in their clubhouse a few months ago.
Yeah but you are not anointed cos you are not from Dublin. Nobody else knows anything about football.

From the Bunker

Quote from: tippabu on February 16, 2016, 07:21:35 PM
Ive seen non of the cross game, from people who saw both games which refereeing performance was worse from the two semis? Im not neutral so did feel like boden got frees alot easier than we did, if i was from boden i might be saying the complete opposite, could be just  my bias coming out. Obviously the equalising point from boden was shocking call from the ref and possibly the biggest decision of the two semis and the black card looked very very harsh for me too.

I see boden are objecting O'Mahoneys red card, cant blame them for trying but no chance in hell he should be getting off with it, red all day long and can have no complaints

Maybe he was being choked and in self defence hit out?  ;)

whitey

Quote from: From the Bunker on February 16, 2016, 08:24:09 PM
Ive seen non of the cross game, from people who saw both games which refereeing performance was worse from the two semis? Im not neutral so did feel like boden got frees alot easier than we did, if i was from boden i might be saying the complete opposite, could be just  my bias coming out. Obviously the equalising point from boden was shocking call from the ref and possibly the biggest decision of the two semis and the black card looked very very harsh for me too.

I see boden are objecting O'Mahoneys red card, cant blame them for trying but no chance in hell he should be getting off with it, red all day long and can have no complaints

Or maybe he say a wasp and was only trying to swat it away.

I have no doubt he will get off

From the Bunker

Quote from: whitey on February 16, 2016, 08:26:51 PM

Yes, he will get off. When was the last important GAA game that a Red Carded player served his Suspension? GAA Suspensions are a joke!

muppet

I would like to see a long appeals process and then justice being finally done, with him finally getting off in the Supreme Court of the Milky Way exactly 2 minutes before the throw-in.
MWWSI 2017

whitey

Someone told me they saw Slab at the game on Saturday. Maybe Ballynoden could hire his solicitor

Farrandeelin

Quote from: From the Bunker on February 16, 2016, 08:33:42 PM

Yes, he will get off. When was the last important GAA game that a Red Carded player served his Suspension? GAA Suspensions are a joke!

John Mullane stands out as the last one not to appeal anyway.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

tippabu

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 16, 2016, 10:01:08 PM

Pretty certain Tipp hurlers have a terrible record recently in appealing suspensions, think calinan a year or two ago failed to get one overturned in the league....i could be wrong though

From the Bunker

Quote from: tippabu on February 16, 2016, 10:09:07 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 16, 2016, 10:01:08 PM

Pretty certain Tipp hurlers have a terrible record recently in appealing suspensions, think calinan a year or two ago failed to get one overturned in the league....i could be wrong though

Any football example?

INDIANA

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 16, 2016, 04:55:59 PM
Fair enough Indy,  you know more than me about winning AI club titles. Just for the record,  in the history of the competition St Vincents club have won 3 AIs, I the history of my playing career I have won 3 AIs. So that puts me personally on the same bracket as the St Vincents club. I'll tell you here and now there is a greater chance we will win another before St Vincents win their next.

Not a hope pal . We will look forward to rinsing you again soon in an AI semi final. You think you invented the game up there .

Gael85

Vincents bringing in Alan Freeman, Enda Varley and Fiachra Breathnach. 3 big additions for new season. Pity to see all the big Dublin clubs recruiting outside the county

Beffs

Dublin club football is crying out for a system whereby if someone moves up there for work, he is assigned to a club, he doesn't get to choose his own. He can select north city, south city or west city, but after that, it's up to the Dublin Co Board to assign him to a club.

If the players are let pick their own club, of course they are all going to want to go the same handful of really strong clubs & increase their chances of getting their hands on some silverware. The super clubs get stronger and the weak get weaker. It's very unfair.

armaghniac

Quote from: Gael85 on February 17, 2016, 07:26:27 PM
Vincents bringing in Alan Freeman, Enda Varley and Fiachra Breathnach. 3 big additions for new season. Pity to see all the big Dublin clubs recruiting outside the county

They've seen the success of Mayo players and seek to ensure that they win real games and not just challenge games.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B