All Ireland Club SFC Semi-finals Feb 2016

Started by general_lee, February 10, 2016, 05:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: muppet on February 15, 2016, 07:47:10 PM
Fair play BC, as magnanimous in defeat as you were magnificent in victory.

Putting on my Mitchels hat, that was some win. Extremely proud of the effort of the players to hang on in there against a club like Cross and come away with the win.

Paddy Durcan is some man considering he only resumed full training 2 weeks ago after an operation he had after the Connacht Final.
That's 2 very impressive wins in a row for Castlebar

INDIANA

Quote from: Crete Boom on February 15, 2016, 02:20:32 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 14, 2016, 07:14:47 PM
Club football success is all in comparison to how Dublin clubs do. As it stands, historically Dublin clubs have 6 AIs between them. So have we so at least we are level with all the Dublin clubs(albeit probably only for a few weeks till BBSE beat Castlebar out the gate).

Was the level Cross and Castlebar playing at in their semi that much of a drop off from the Ballyboden v Clonmel game that Mitchels will be at sea in the final on Paddy's day?
I only watched the Castlebar v Cross game on tv ( I didn't see the other semi) and it seemed like a very good hard game of football played to a good standard. I know Cross missed a few bad points but I thought Castlebar did well to comeback and hold out for the win or is this Cross team a good bit below the All Ireland winning Cross teams of old?Again not being at the match it is tough to comment of the intensity and standard of the game.

Will be a close one I think . Both semis weren't great games . I didn't fancy cross after watching a quarter of a vincents team hockey them last summer in a challenge game .. I think cross have winning Ulster down to a tee but are finding the knockout stages in the all Ireland series more difficult these days
Two good teams in the final but I do fancy Boden . They have a deeper squad in my opinion . However they don't have a diarmuid Connolly

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: INDIANA on February 16, 2016, 01:35:46 PM
Club football success is all in comparison to how Dublin clubs do. As it stands, historically Dublin clubs have 6 AIs between them. So have we so at least we are level with all the Dublin clubs(albeit probably only for a few weeks till BBSE beat Castlebar out the gate).

Was the level Cross and Castlebar playing at in their semi that much of a drop off from the Ballyboden v Clonmel game that Mitchels will be at sea in the final on Paddy's day?
I only watched the Castlebar v Cross game on tv ( I didn't see the other semi) and it seemed like a very good hard game of football played to a good standard. I know Cross missed a few bad points but I thought Castlebar did well to comeback and hold out for the win or is this Cross team a good bit below the All Ireland winning Cross teams of old?Again not being at the match it is tough to comment of the intensity and standard of the game.

Will be a close one I think . Both semis weren't great games . I didn't fancy cross after watching a quarter of a vincents team hockey them last summer in a challenge game .. I think cross have winning Ulster down to a tee but are finding the knockout stages in the all Ireland series more difficult these days
Two good teams in the final but I do fancy Boden . They have a deeper squad in my opinion . However they don't have a diarmuid Connolly

We've lost the last 2 AI semis we have been in by 1 point in each game, one by a late fortunate scuffed goal and the the other by a late point from a team who hadn't lead the whole way through the game.  I know you seem to think that the Vincents are the greatest thing since sliced bread but no harm to you but you know f**k all squared about football.  The final will be tight but I reckon that the Mayo men have more big game players than BBSE and whoever wins the battle between Moran and McAuley will have a massive bearing on the result.  On current form I would say that Moran has the edge.

Captain Obvious

Didn't Ballyboden manage to hold Diarmuid Connolly scoreless in the Leinster final.

seafoid

Quote from: Captain Obvious on February 16, 2016, 02:41:10 PM

Didn't Ballyboden manage to hold Diarmuid Connolly scoreless in the Leinster final.
He is the Beyonce of gaelic football according to indy

INDIANA

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 16, 2016, 02:16:39 PM

We've lost the last 2 AI semis we have been in by 1 point in each game, one by a late fortunate scuffed goal and the the other by a late point from a team who hadn't lead the whole way through the game.  I know you seem to think that the Vincents are the greatest thing since sliced bread but no harm to you but you know f**k all squared about football.  The final will be tight but I reckon that the Mayo men have more big game players than BBSE and whoever wins the battle between Moran and McAuley will have a massive bearing on the result.  On current form I would say that Moran has the edge.

I know plenty about winning AI club titles . You have shag all to offer here like most things concerned with Armagh football these days . The dying embers of a bygone era . I think we will look elsewhere for a competitive challenge game this year

seafoid

Did you get any modesty for Christmas , Indy?

From the Bunker

Quote from: seafoid on February 16, 2016, 04:49:33 PM

Indys modesty died the day of the Cluxton kick back in 2011! Since then he has no need to bow to inferior football mortals.

brokencrossbar1

Fair enough Indy,  you know more than me about winning AI club titles. Just for the record,  in the history of the competition St Vincents club have won 3 AIs, I the history of my playing career I have won 3 AIs. So that puts me personally on the same bracket as the St Vincents club. I'll tell you here and now there is a greater chance we will win another before St Vincents win their next.

seafoid

Quote from: From the Bunker on February 16, 2016, 04:55:40 PM
Quote from: seafoid on February 16, 2016, 04:49:33 PM

Indys modesty died the day of the Cluxton kick back in 2011! Since then he has no need to bow to inferior football mortals.
Reading his stuff makes me cringe. He reminds me of Alan Partridge. No Kerry or Kilkenny poster would ever produce such bilge.

bennydorano

Donnellys Hollow

Delete that quickly before Ewan McKenna sees it.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on February 16, 2016, 05:09:32 PM

I think even McKenna knows it was the Leinster final in all but name  ;)

muppet

Quote from: Captain Obvious on February 16, 2016, 05:47:42 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on February 16, 2016, 05:09:32 PM

I think even McKenna knows it was the Leinster final in all but name  ;)

Indiana will tell you it was really the All-Ireland Final.
MWWSI 2017

tippabu

Ive seen non of the cross game, from people who saw both games which refereeing performance was worse from the two semis? Im not neutral so did feel like boden got frees alot easier than we did, if i was from boden i might be saying the complete opposite, could be just  my bias coming out. Obviously the equalising point from boden was shocking call from the ref and possibly the biggest decision of the two semis and the black card looked very very harsh for me too.

I see boden are objecting O'Mahoneys red card, cant blame them for trying but no chance in hell he should be getting off with it, red all day long and can have no complaints