All Ireland Club SFC Semi-finals Feb 2016

Started by general_lee, February 10, 2016, 05:20:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

straightred

Quote from: Mikhailov on February 13, 2016, 07:57:44 PM
Sweet Jesus - where do the GAA get these referees from. The standard of the top refs is extremely poor. The 2 referees today were abysmal in all aspects of the game. Cassidy is woeful, he allowed Nelson to run a mile to get the equalising score and then gave 'Boden everything in ET to win.

As for Kinsella - nightmare he was for both teams and had absolutely no control in this game.

Kinsella, Conor Lane, Duffy brothers, Cassidy - did any of them ever kick a ball ??

The standard is woeful, players devoting their lives to train for games and then get shafted by clowns like these men.

Would you stop. Boden got nothing in normal time,  absolutely nothing. When Keaney missed the close free it should have been game over but boden showed great character to dig it out and there was nothing wrong with the equalising point except clonmel naivety. Do you think castlebar would have let him run half the pitch like that ?

In extra time poor kickouts alone gifted boden 3 points. You can't blame the ref for that ?

INDIANA

Quote from: yellowcard on February 13, 2016, 08:56:53 PM
Don't see how Castlebar should be any more than marginal favourites, personally think it's a fairly evenly matched contest. How many adult senior teams have Ballyboden got?

Senior, Inter, junior a, junior b and c.

moysider

Castlebar would need to be better clued in from the start the next day. Got away with very poor start today. Way off the pace.

Saying that it looked like Cross went for a quick kill and were hardly going to be able to sustain the effort for the whole game on heavy going. Their organisation, work rate and effort to funnel back to help out was very impressive. Mitchels on the other hand left their markers hung out to dry without any cover in the first half.

I ve been very impressed with Cian Costello any time he's played. Very good impact again this evening.

From the Bunker

Quote from: INDIANA on February 13, 2016, 09:07:00 PM
Don't see how Castlebar should be any more than marginal favourites, personally think it's a fairly evenly matched contest. How many adult senior teams have Ballyboden got?

Mitchels have Senior and Intermediate and Junior B.

heffo

Quote from: From the Bunker on February 13, 2016, 09:17:27 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on February 13, 2016, 09:07:00 PM

Mitchels have Senior and Intermediate and Junior B.

I can see Boden's Div11 team of pot bellied aul fellas being the deciding factor in this.

brokencrossbar1

On the way home and sitting in traffic. Disappointed but the Castlebar team team is anyway or 2 ahead of us in terms of development and had a bit extra in the tank. We blew out of steam in midfield with 5 left in the 1st half and we never really got the breaks in the middle for the rest of the game. A few decisions by Kinsella had a big bearing. I didn't see Aiden Rushe but I heard he didn't. 2 minutes later a Cadtlebar man clearly picked up in front of me and won a free. Small margins but no complaints about the result. Brush ourselves off and get back on it again after a rest b

Syferous we have beaten more Connacht teams than we have lost to. No medals for winning semis. At least you have a bandwagon to jump on.

Hound

Quote from: An Watcher on February 13, 2016, 08:32:08 PM
Cross will be mightily disappointed. A goal in the first half and that would have been game over. Dunno what cbar did to Clarke in the second half but he hardly touched leather.
Referee did his best to drag cbar back into it. No consistency in his calls. One call for over carrying when it was all square stands out. Also young fella penalised for lifting off the ground when he clearly had his boot under the ball.
The over carrying was a correct call. 7 steps when the ref blew

If you are talking about the no3 towards the sideline for the pickup - then the ref got it spot on. The full back did great to win the ball, but it was pretty stupid of him to then pick it clean off the ground.

I only saw the 2nd half. Jamie Clarke got less than 3 touches

Rossfan

I suppose Syfín will be on the bandwagon to Croker on St. P's day alright.
He loves all winning teams but especially Rhu ones >:(
Great contest tonight but football is an awful spectacle God help us.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 13, 2016, 09:19:43 PM
On the way home and sitting in traffic. Disappointed but the Castlebar team team is anyway or 2 ahead of us in terms of development and had a bit extra in the tank. We blew out of steam in midfield with 5 left in the 1st half and we never really got the breaks in the middle for the rest of the game. A few decisions by Kinsella had a big bearing. I didn't see Aiden Rushe but I heard he didn't. 2 minutes later a Cadtlebar man clearly picked up in front of me and won a free. Small margins but no complaints about the result. Brush ourselves off and get back on it again after a rest b

Syferous we have beaten more Connacht teams than we have lost to. No medals for winning semis. At least you have a bandwagon to jump on.
Couldn't ye ease off for a few years and let Pearse Og win a county championship ?

seafoid

Would Douglas make it onto the Mayo team? He can score, unlike a few of the forwards on the county side

From the Bunker

Quote from: seafoid on February 13, 2016, 09:57:16 PM
Would Douglas make it onto the Mayo team? He can score, unlike a few of the forwards on the county side

Horan and H&C did not fancy him. Horan gave him a chance initially, but he got injured (hamstring) replace by Doherty and was forgotten. Last year he impressed in 2  FBD games (i know so what) but was dropped and you'd expect his former Mitchels Manager Holmes to bend the rules a bit if he fancied him. Mitchels doing well in 2014 and 16 has not helped him really as he is not available for FBD trials or early league campaigns. He's a smart footballer and has a cool head. Might be a little on the small side. I think he's part of Roch plans, but there are a lot of players like him in Mayo and it's hard to know if he can offer more.

Cunny Funt

I think all of the scores Douglas got tonight were frees. What Mayo seniors need is more free scoring forwards from play.

blanketattack

Does today's result mean Jamie Clarke is now available to play for Armagh between now and March 17th as his ticket to the USA was surely booked for a date post March 17th?

maigheo

Quote from: blanketattack on February 13, 2016, 10:24:07 PM
Does today's result mean Jamie Clarke is now available to play for Armagh between now and March 17th as his ticket to the USA was surely booked for a date post March 17th?
Ask Tony,he should know the answer

seafoid

Quote from: Cunny Funt on February 13, 2016, 10:10:53 PM
I think all of the scores Douglas got tonight were frees. What Mayo seniors need is more free scoring forwards from play.
He scored a fabliss goal against corofin. Mayo were never much blessed with natural goalscorers